Sponsored

Car's engine shuts off on neutral (2015 Ecoboost) Throttle Body?

analtoaster

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Drake
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
hello, I have a 2015 Mustang Ecoboost premium in manual transmission and every here n there the car would start making a weird sound while cruising down the street, which would lead to the engine shutting off once i reached a point where i would have to pass by the neutral position on my gear box. When on the N position car's engine would quietly and calmly shut off, however electronics would remain on. After stalling, car would turn on again, but it would crank weaker than normal, and would continue making the strange sound and immediately turn off again unless given gas. It would take about 2~3 minutes of either driving it (while it makes the sound; you can gas over the clutch in switching gears to keep the car alive. I know not ideal, but when you are panicking in traffic, it worked somewhat well. While in that driving phase I noticed the car is accelerating unevenly, like in a bucking manner.) or starting it up every time it stalls until the car starts back up and drives properly. This incident has been occurring too often having me at a point that I have to drive my fathers car to work due to how unreliable the car is. No lights appear on the gauge cluster, other than Ford's warning that engine is off once i have stalled on the street lol.

I saw on other forums that it may be the throttle body, but i wanted to make sure before purchasing any parts, as like anybody else, I dont want to purchase the wrong part(s). Symptoms are similar to what I saw on another forum, but the other guy had a 5.0 automatic, with i think the car completely turning off rather than just the engine. It may be the throttle body, but id rather ask a dumb question before making a dumber decision.

I do have mods on my car and just for reference:
K&N Oiled Air filter for stock intake
MAP Intercooler with stock charge pipes, using stronger clamps (dont pop off)
3 Inch Catless downpipe
Flowmaster Axle back 3 inch
Lowering Springs
Cobb Stage 3 preset tune

*Regards to mods, Im not abusive to my car, and is currently around 38k miles.
*Note: I noticed this problem would usually occur 5-7 minutes of operating it.

Thanks
Sponsored

Last edited:

vernonator

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT w/PP - Race Red
Have you talked to your tuner? First call to make IMHO....not an internet forum.

w3rkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw 135is(sold)
Wait.... why not just start you long-winded post out with.... I HAVE A TUNE...?

You don't need new parts, you need to deal with what is going on with your car. If you are not driving it (for fuck-sakes) and here asking us what You need to buy?, to get it going... and you have a TUNE on it...?

GO back to stock... and see if it is YOUR TUNE... or YOUR ENGINE. Come back after being proactive.

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
One of two things;

1. Battery. And I'm 80% sure it's your battery.
2. Tune. And I'm 20% sure it's your tune.
3. Oil from filter on your MAF sensor. And I'm 16.4261% sure it's oil on your MAF sensor.

Sponsored

Deleted member

One of two things;

1. Battery. And I'm 80% sure it's your battery.
2. Tune. And I'm 20% sure it's your tune.
3. Oil from filter on your MAF sensor. And I'm 16.4261% sure it's oil on your MAF sensor.
Agree with the first two, but the eco doesn't have an MAF sensor.

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
Agree with the first two, but the eco doesn't have an MAF sensor.
For real? No Mass Airflow Sensor on the Eco?

Well....ya learn something new every day.

Deleted member

For real? No Mass Airflow Sensor on the Eco?

Well....ya learn something new every day.
No sir, no MAF just an IAT sensor in the intake tube and MAP sensor in the intake manifold.

kent0464

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kent
Vehicle(s)
1983 Ford Ranger, 1986 SVO Mustang, 2017 Mustang GT PP, 2017 F150 3.5 Eco
Vehicle Showcase
Put it on a good scanner to nail down the problem, don’t throw parts at it.

letos

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andriy
Vehicle(s)
Mustang EcoBoost
hello, I have a 2015 Mustang Ecoboost premium in manual transmission and every here n there the car would start making a weird sound while cruising down the street, which would lead to the engine shutting off once i reached a point where i would have to pass by the neutral position on my gear box. When on the N position car's engine would quietly and calmly shut off, however electronics would remain on. After stalling, car would turn on again, but it would crank weaker than normal, and would continue making the strange sound and immediately turn off again unless given gas. It would take about 2~3 minutes of either driving it (while it makes the sound; you can gas over the clutch in switching gears to keep the car alive. I know not ideal, but when you are panicking in traffic, it worked somewhat well. While in that driving phase I noticed the car is accelerating unevenly, like in a bucking manner.) or starting it up every time it stalls until the car starts back up and drives properly. This incident has been occurring too often having me at a point that I have to drive my fathers car to work due to how unreliable the car is. No lights appear on the gauge cluster, other than Ford's warning that engine is off once i have stalled on the street lol.

I saw on other forums that it may be the throttle body, but i wanted to make sure before purchasing any parts, as like anybody else, I dont want to purchase the wrong part(s). Symptoms are similar to what I saw on another forum, but the other guy had a 5.0 automatic, with i think the car completely turning off rather than just the engine. It may be the throttle body, but id rather ask a dumb question before making a dumber decision.

I do have mods on my car and just for reference:
K&N Oiled Air filter for stock intake
MAP Intercooler with stock charge pipes, using stronger clamps (dont pop off)
3 Inch Catless downpipe
Flowmaster Axle back 3 inch
Lowering Springs
Cobb Stage 3 preset tune

*Regards to mods, Im not abusive to my car, and is currently around 38k miles.
*Note: I noticed this problem would usually occur 5-7 minutes of operating it.

Thanks
Hi, are you found the root of the issue? Had the same on mine car

Coyote Chase

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2010/2018 Mustang
You can find some wiring diagrams at Ecoboost Mustang . net
Sponsored