Sponsored

Supper-cheap , less than $10 exhaust mod we did

Rock&Roll

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Stick- 2022 VW GTI Stick -2011 HD Fatboy
Awesome.

OP, I'm jealous of your relationship with your son. I have 2 adult daughters and the only reason they would go in the garage is to ask me for money. Good for you
Sponsored

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
Where did you get the idea to do that?

I'm guessing another YTer's video?

me and mustang r50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic GT, 355 auto black trim
I thought about placing this under the exhaust section ,,,, but i think this will work for all resonators and mustangs that have this similar box ... this was the 5.0 stock resonator.
this might seam like a ghetto mod but it sounds very very good....microphone will not capture how nice it sounds... loud cold start , and if you really it on it... but at cruising speeds its supper quiet.

pest part if you still have the stock resonator you can mod it on the cheap... and its underneath and out of sight.

great job

offcamber

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Magnetic GT - Premium/PP
:thumbsup: I dig the whole idea of experimenting and exploring. That’s how we learn. I haven’t seen this tried before so kudos to you. Mustang owners love to mod and what you did was change the sound for the better but maintain the OEM appearance.
Keep on keeping on!

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
The point of it is wrenching with my son and getting him to think out of the box... yes you are correct in that it would of been easier to jut buy it.... but there are no memories made in life when you just buy something ... non what so ever . more joy out of just making it yourself
I get this, spending some quality time with your son putting some 'built not bought' into your cars. Been there (my son would be about your age).

I am a little surprised that with your European heritage you went toward a straight-dual sound rather than something a bit more 'exotic-sounding' and better suited to the Coyote's rpm potential. Most traditional US muscle car engines were all done about where the Coyote really starts hitting its stride, and the really nice-sounding traditional hotrod flathead engines with glasspacks revved even lower than that.

At least dial the music down, as in way down - it's distracting and a PITA to keep having to adjust the volume up to hear the spoken bits and back down again. The selection itself isn't bad, it's just way too loud.

But what really caught my eye happened at about 10:37 in the video. Not cool, and I hope you've told your son to do what you say rather than what you sometimes do.

Norm

Sponsored

OP
OP
wrongwayup

wrongwayup

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrei
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Last edited:
OP
OP
wrongwayup

wrongwayup

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrei
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
I get this, spending some quality time with your son putting some 'built not bought' into your cars. Been there (my son would be about your age).

I am a little surprised that with your European heritage you went toward a straight-dual sound rather than something a bit more 'exotic-sounding' and better suited to the Coyote's rpm potential. Most traditional US muscle car engines were all done about where the Coyote really starts hitting its stride, and the really nice-sounding traditional hotrod flathead engines with glasspacks revved even lower than that.

At least dial the music down, as in way down - it's distracting and a PITA to keep having to adjust the volume up to hear the spoken bits and back down again. The selection itself isn't bad, it's just way too loud.

But what really caught my eye happened at about 10:37 in the video. Not cool, and I hope you've told your son to do what you say rather than what you sometimes do.

Norm

the sound that comes out has to be head ... the microphone does not do it justice... its a more H-pipe then anything else. the mod is something that we decided to try not knowing what the result would be .

still new to the youtube thing... the music loudness is turned down but your not the only one that noticed... thank you for the tip. and the 10:37. ya he knows. i did not even notice till you mentioned it... the welding took the longest to accomplish

OP
OP
wrongwayup

wrongwayup

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrei
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
one more thing i forgot to add in the video is that the amount of holes covered do not have to be 100% ... the more you leave uncovered or not blocked the quieter it will be. we wanted maximum noise .

I have never been a fan of loud cars till i got the mustang ... now its an incurable disease .

Gremluc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lou
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps JL Sahara & Rubicon
one more thing i forgot to add in the video is that the amount of holes covered do not have to be 100% ... the more you leave uncovered or not blocked the quieter it will be. we wanted maximum noise .

I have never been a fan of loud cars till i got the mustang ... now its an incurable disease .
You & your son did a great Job!! Your son will always remember this experience with his dad. So great!!

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
... its a more H-pipe then anything else.
Makes sense - you've kept some of the exhaust crossover function (in that last, unmodified, chamber) so what you actually have is a weakish H-pipe hiding inside a can with no other sound damping.

It's encouraging that he's curious enough about mechanical things to get his hands a bit dirty. He's fortunate that Dad has more than a basic set of wrenches on hand and can support that curiosity in greater depth than just bolting stuff on.

I hope that he never stops "thinking outside the box" and realizing that solutions don't always have to be store-bought (online-bought these days, I guess). Or thinking beyond his own first steps outside the box, for that matter.

Norm

Sponsored

Tuxedomouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT Grabber Blue Premium PP
I dunno. I paid under a hundred for my used Roush X-pipe and it swapped right on and it's plenty loud. Only a sawsall and sockets required

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
I dunno. I paid under a hundred for my used Roush X-pipe and it swapped right on and it's plenty loud. Only a sawsall and sockets required
That's still a store-bought solution though.

Norm

Unleash-The-Beast

Flashback to 1965
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mr. Ed
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium W. drop top
I love this, I I'm jealous of your father-son bonding time as I only have three daughters. You even got what appears to be a neighbor involved later on in the video. This was just awesome, but I LOLed on all the critical comments, my goodness.

Everybody's got a better way to do it. Or critical comment, or why didn't you just buy an H pipe....

So I have a 15 with Roush axle backs, which I think is an almost perfect sound for me. And I think if I put an h pipe on it would be too loud all the time. But you're modification is actually somewhat interesting. And especially if I can adjust it by leaving some of the holes uncovered if I wanted. I don't really want my car any louder at cruising speed. But I wouldn't mind it louder when I get on it.

OP
OP
wrongwayup

wrongwayup

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrei
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
I love this, I I'm jealous of your father-son bonding time as I only have three daughters. You even got what appears to be a neighbor involved later on in the video. This was just awesome, but I LOLed on all the critical comments, my goodness.

Everybody's got a better way to do it. Or critical comment, or why didn't you just buy an H pipe....

So I have a 15 with Roush axle backs, which I think is an almost perfect sound for me. And I think if I put an h pipe on it would be too loud all the time. But you're modification is actually somewhat interesting. And especially if I can adjust it by leaving some of the holes uncovered if I wanted. I don't really want my car any louder at cruising speed. But I wouldn't mind it louder when I get on it.

thank you... yes on the neighbor, he is a cool guy. 3 daughters sounds very cool ! The whole youtube thing is for me to spend time with my son... trying to have fun playing with motorized stuff and maybe if were lucky hand him a viable youtube channel .

The critical comments , i figure one they just don't understand and second they for whatever reason cannot accomplish such a mod.. and thats ok. And yes i believe our simple mod is totally customizable to whatever sound you want... from just loud to hearing protection required while factory quiet cruising ...all from the factory and basically FREE.

FruityJudy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10
This has me curious as to how it would sound opening up the front third, installing a crossover pipe to create a true H pipe and leaving the rear section factory packed
Sponsored