TopJimmyCooks

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Prem PP; 2019 EcoBoost Prem
Vehicle Showcase
I think we should all call in and, if local visit, the dealer tomorrow and offer $26k for the car. Who's with me? :crazy:
Sponsored

ngiotta

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT / 1970 Mach 1 (Twin Turbo Coyote)
Maybe people are willing to pay that much of an ADM for a CFTP car? I live in california and have about 8 or 9 GT500s that are listed for MSRP, within a few hours away. One of them is $79k. Not chump change, for sure, but there are plenty of base cars available.

SuperSnake427

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500, 2001 Mustang, 1967 Mustang Fastback, 1966 Shelby Cobra
Maybe people are willing to pay that much of an ADM for a CFTP car? I live in california and have about 8 or 9 GT500s that are listed for MSRP, within a few hours away. One of them is $79k. Not chump change, for sure, but there are plenty of base cars available.
Where in CA? Most I’ve called are 20k for a base and 30k+ for cftp.

Sponsored

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
CA is an insane state in many ways, so I guess it’s fitting they would have insane markups.
It's their economy. Miami is the same way. All these crazy markups occur in areas where money is nothing to a lot of people.

edmd007

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
18 GT350R, 20 GT500 Iconic CFTP
And thes4e dealers think we are idiots, there are going to be 1200 CFTP ish (Oddly Ive seen some only painted stripe tickets) so these are going to be more available in a given model year than a 350R so the market will be flooded with these 100000$ cars soon, and when you get to 130K, a whole new market of cars opens up. Stay the course and patience will pay in this situation.

Interesting went to the Jacksonville Auto show to see the 500, the rep was completely clueless about the car other than "numbers", couldnt talk shop about internals etc.

Bulldogs22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350
And thes4e dealers think we are idiots, there are going to be 1200 CFTP ish (Oddly Ive seen some only painted stripe tickets) so these are going to be more available in a given model year than a 350R so the market will be flooded with these 100000$ cars soon, and when you get to 130K, a whole new market of cars opens up. Stay the course and patience will pay in this situation.

Interesting went to the Jacksonville Auto show to see the 500, the rep was completely clueless about the car other than "numbers", couldnt talk shop about internals etc.
Completely agree especially considering this is most likely going to be a 3 year run with those amount of cars. Also you have the C8 finally landing and lets be honest when the Z06 comes out for around the price of these "markups" it won't even be a comparison it will eat the GT500 alive and have a flat plane crank and dual clutch. With that said, I still want a GT500 but definitely playing the waiting game. The dealer in GA where I bought my 19 GT350 has a CFTP on the way and already has a base 500 with only painted stripes and I found that odd as well I thought the painted stripes and CFTP come as one...guess not.

LaserDoc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Demon, RS3, Ram 3500 dually
base 500 with only painted stripes and I found that odd as well I thought the painted stripes and CFTP come as one...guess not.
I saw several base cars with 10k stripes. Personally, I think that is a bad combo for the dealer.

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
Bulldogs: Nope, a "Golden Ticket" allocation entitles you to the Carbon Fiber Track Pack option, the Painted Stripes option, or both.

Doc: I agree as only the crazies like some of us here will pay the cost of the painted stripes. My guess is, the "average GT-500" buyer is quite happy with vinyl stripes, if they even KNOW they're vinyl.

Sponsored

w3rkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw 135is(sold)
In two weeks time, all of that exclusivity will change. It's getting warm enough to where FlatRock can pump out (move around the yard) gt350 & gt500's.

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
In Colombia, South Carolina we currently have a 2020 GT500 with the Carbon Fiber Track Pack going for near 200k as they are advertising it as the "first in this part of the southeast". That's not even including the 2 other bases and second CFTP we have coming in soon. (We have 3 Ford dealerships forming a triangle around Colombia) that will have significant ADM's.
Maybe do a spell check on the States capital.
:)

GForensic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Future Mach 1/GT500 Owner
Completely agree especially considering this is most likely going to be a 3 year run with those amount of cars. Also you have the C8 finally landing and lets be honest when the Z06 comes out for around the price of these "markups" it won't even be a comparison it will eat the GT500 alive and have a flat plane crank and dual clutch. With that said, I still want a GT500 but definitely playing the waiting game. The dealer in GA where I bought my 19 GT350 has a CFTP on the way and already has a base 500 with only painted stripes and I found that odd as well I thought the painted stripes and CFTP come as one...guess not.
I have to agree here. Even though I own a 2019 GT350 which I absolutely love I am a corvette guy and having had the blessing of owning a few Z06's already I think this statement is dead on. The C8's are the latest and greatest with a high demand which is making a lot of C7 owners sell off there cars at a pretty good loss with super low mileage. In my experience, while there are a lot of corvettes being "used" there are many that are bought and sold with very low mileage and in almost showroom condition. I got my last C7 Z06 a few years old with 1900 miles on it and over 20K under original sticker. A beautiful ride indeed!

The trend that I see is that when a new generation corvette comes out many people jump on board to get it but almost definitely sell as soon as the new Z06, ZR1....etc comes out. This leaves the used corvette buyer plenty of great cars to choose from. If the GT500 will truly be a 3 year run in my opinion you are going to have the ones that actually "use" them but you will also have a lot of garage or car show queens that many will eventually get rid of either by wanting the next greatest thing or by not wanting to pay that huge car payment anymore. As I like to say I am going to just sit back with my popcorn and enjoy the show. When the time comes God willing there will be some great cars out there at much more reasonable pricing. Let the dealers get the first few suckers or the ones that truly have the money to burn....after that then "game on" for the rest of us! As so many say on these forums......patience....just have patience....