Sponsored

Fix for UPR Crankcase Breather Drip

lostlocalhost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 EBP PP MR
Vehicle Showcase
Did you thoroughly clean the breather prior to reinstalling it?
Yeah, and had it off for about a month. It wasn't left over. ;)
Sponsored

charlesj5

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
Charles
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
I'm curious what OP and lostlocalhost are using for a catch can? I'm debating on getting a CC from Tune+ as well as this breather, but I may just do the catch can if this leaks like crazy.

Marvinmadman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 EBM
I'm curious as to the rest of the equation. Intake and filter? Which check valves? Oil? Old factory baffle? Which exact version of the DVCC and breather is it? There have been a couple of revisions I believe.

Sponsored

lostlocalhost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 EBP PP MR
Vehicle Showcase
I'm curious what OP and lostlocalhost are using for a catch can? I'm debating on getting a CC from Tune+ as well as this breather, but I may just do the catch can if this leaks like crazy.
UPR DVCC

lostlocalhost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 EBP PP MR
Vehicle Showcase
I'm curious as to the rest of the equation. Intake and filter? Which check valves? Oil? Old factory baffle? Which exact version of the DVCC and breather is it? There have been a couple of revisions I believe.
The breather leaked when I just had the airraid tube and KN filter on it - so nothing that would affect it. Now I have more on it, but again - nothing that would affect it.

Honestly, it doesn't seem to be as much, so I'm assuming the CC or the pcv gut has helped.

wes936

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang Grabber Blue EB 6MT

Marvinmadman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 EBM
Never cleaned the filter. I cleaned the internals after 1.5 years and 10k miles maybe

OP
OP
Bull Run

Bull Run

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EB Prem PP
I'm using JTL v3 catch can with Radium PCV baffle and valve. They were installed before the breather so I can't tell you of their impact. However, Radium upgrade did resolve the smoking issue during long idle.

Sponsored

lostlocalhost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 EBP PP MR
Vehicle Showcase
Reviving old thread, but for good reason.

Tune+ came out with this to solve this issue...
https://www.tuneplusinc.com/collect...ther-catch-can-for-2015-ford-ecoboost-mustang

The solution I've been using so far has been a specially cut piece of foam that wraps around the breather. It's fine, but ugly, so I just pull it off at car shows. This would be much better.
Not sure if it'll be long enough to get to a place to mount and avoid the performance pack strut brace, but I might pick it up and find out.

20190724_113217_copy_1024x1024.png

20190724_113241_copy_1024x1024.png

lostlocalhost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 EBP PP MR
Vehicle Showcase
Not sure if it'll be long enough to get to a place to mount and avoid the performance pack strut brace, but I might pick it up and find out.
I asked them if it would work or if they fitted it with the strut brace and got this back:
"Nope. Sorry. You can cut the hose off and replace it with whatever length you need."

lostlocalhost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 EBP PP MR
Vehicle Showcase
I expected the hose to be too short, but did NOT expect the can to be as large as it really is. Even if I get a new hose, I don't think I can mount this anywhere.
Even if I didn't have the strut brace, I have hoses in the area and don't think it would even fit there.

Waiting to hear back from UPR, but might end up either returning this if I can, or selling.
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg

charlesj5

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
Charles
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
I also have a strut brace so my plan was to make a bracket using aluminum or carbon fiber sheet on a consumer CNC to bring it away from the tower. I'll post some photos when I do.

lostlocalhost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 EBP PP MR
Vehicle Showcase