(MD)Installer recommendation for Steeda short throw shifter

Chola

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rajarajan
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord 2005. 2019 Mustang GT PP1 6MT
Have a '19 GT PP1 and need a recommendation for an installer to swap my shifter out to a Steeda TriAx short throw street shifter. Preferred location in the DC-Baltimore / I-95 corridor. Asked 2 places and am yet to get a quote - I was told they have never done it and to bring in the parts and then they would let me know. Would prefer someone experienced on mustangs.
Sponsored

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Preferred location in the DC-Baltimore / I-95 corridor.
Jax Automotive, Sterling VA. Mention 'matt' recommended. He used to be a Steeda distributor. Does good work, timely and also inexpensive.

https://performancebyjax.com/ use the phone but you may need to try a couple times.

Biggsy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Warren
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP, '10 Tundra
Have a '19 GT PP1 and need a recommendation for an installer to swap my shifter out to a Steeda TriAx short throw street shifter. Preferred location in the DC-Baltimore / I-95 corridor. Asked 2 places and am yet to get a quote - I was told they have never done it and to bring in the parts and then they would let me know. Would prefer someone experienced on mustangs.
I had my MGW installed at JPC but they moved further away. They did solid work. There is Rev Auto in Baltimore and they quoted me about the same as JPC. Bill Wise at Burnt Mills in Silver Spring is a great guy who work on all types of mustangs and his rates are hard to beat. He quoted me the least (almost a $200 difference compared to JPC) but because of time I went to JPC.

OP
OP
Chola

Chola

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rajarajan
Vehicle(s)
Jax Automotive,...
Bill Wise at Burnt Mills in Silver Spring....
Shall call them both and see what they say. Had emailed JPC and called them after a few days of waiting for a reply only to be told that they hadn't done it before and would need to look it up to see what it involved.

Biggsy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Warren
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP, '10 Tundra
Shall call them both and see what they say. Had emailed JPC and called them after a few days of waiting for a reply only to be told that they hadn't done it before and would need to look it up to see what it involved.
wow thats crazy. They installed mine without instructions(MGW doesnt provide written instructions). Good Luck! When you call Burnt Mills ask to speak to Bill before asking if they do it because he is the mustang guy at a general auto shop.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Chola

Chola

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rajarajan
Vehicle(s)
Dont know if JPC reads these boards, they just got back quoting 375 for the shifter change and 130 for changing the clutch line and 130 for changing the BG Synchro shift trans fluid. I think the Tx fluid change I can do myself.

Biggsy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Warren
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP, '10 Tundra
Dont know if JPC reads these boards, they just got back quoting 375 for the shifter change and 130 for changing the clutch line and 130 for changing the BG Synchro shift trans fluid. I think the Tx fluid change I can do myself.
Yup they quoted me the same for everything. Their labor rate is 130. I ended up buying their clutch line because it was less expensive the Steeda's and did the line change and fluid myself which im happy that i did. The shift install ended up totaling around 430 after shop parts and tax. Much more than i was willing to pay but at leats it was done right and that was my first major (if you want to call it that) upgrade to my car so i learned a thing or two. Rev Auto quoted me about the same I believe but they usually have a lot of work so just depends how soon you need it done and want to have your car back.

OP
OP
Chola

Chola

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rajarajan
Vehicle(s)
.... call Burnt Mills ask to speak to Bill...
Just called Burnt Mills and spoke to Bill. Was very knowledgeable and gave me a great deal for the whole job (i.e. shifter/shifter base bracket/clutch line/rev lockout collar/tx-fluid).

Thanks @Biggsy

Biggsy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Warren
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP, '10 Tundra
Just called Burnt Mills and spoke to Bill. Was very knowledgeable and gave me a great deal for the whole job (i.e. shifter/shifter base bracket/clutch line/rev lockout collar/tx-fluid).

Thanks @Biggsy
Very happy about that. He takes the time to explain anything and you can text him if you have any issues. I bring my 4Runner to him as well. Good luck with the installs!
Sponsored