2020 GT500 Unscheduled/Material Hold or Clean Registry

Finch

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jon
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500(July 8 birthday), 2021 Ranger Tremor
Congrats, John! THAT's the way to end a day. :-) (He's a poet, don'tcha know it?)
Thanks KB. So ready to get this process rollin!
Sponsored

dsz blade

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' Mustang GT PP1
On the opposite spectrum, I’m now talking to a second dealer with an allocation and neither them nor my original dealer seem to have a clue what is happening and tell me to just keep waiting.

Meanwhile C8s are starting to roll in so I’m close to calling it quits again. Amazing how I manage to always find crap dealers. I didn’t go with either of the two dealers I ordered through prior to this because they were equally useless on an F150 and Mustang GT order.

Finch

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jon
Vehicle(s)
On the opposite spectrum, I’m now talking to a second dealer with an allocation and neither them nor my original dealer seem to have a clue what is happening and tell me to just keep waiting.

Meanwhile C8s are starting to roll in so I’m close to calling it quits again. Amazing how I manage to always find crap dealers. I didn’t go with either of the two dealers I ordered through prior to this because they were equally useless on an F150 and Mustang GT order.
There’s 3 car local here in PA that are either on hand or in transit that are available. All base models with various options. 5-10k adm.

dsz blade

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' Mustang GT PP1
There’s 3 car local here in PA that are either on hand or in transit that are available. All base models with various options. 5-10k adm.
I’ve been keeping an eye on available cars within a reasonable distance. I just refuse to compromise on cars I buy so many of those have options I’m not interested in or lack options I want.

2020GT500

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500
Has anyone considered what the Covid-19 issue that started in China and likely disrupted the auto parts manufacturing industry, will do to car manufactures in North America? I have no clue what on a GT500 is made in China, but if its Led lights, seat belts, engine internals, air bags, etc...it will at some point be difficult for manufactures to maintain production.

For the sake of everyone here, I hope that the parts inventory is deeeeeeep!

Fingers crossed!

Sponsored

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
Andy: No doubt everyone's brain is on the virus and it would appear that things are going to get much worse.

But I see the bigger worry being the economy. If unemployment goes through the roof due to layoffs, etc. and manufacturers' parts supplies go to zippo, we're all in for a bumpy ride.

dsz blade

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' Mustang GT PP1
Following up on this, I spent the past two days following up on cars and every single ad I reached out to - “it’s sold” “it was pre-sold and shouldn’t have been posted”. I don’t know how people are still finding open allocations or finding these on the lots.

Guess no new vin dumps today?

VERN

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
VERN
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT 500
Following up on this, I spent the past two days following up on cars and every single ad I reached out to - “it’s sold” “it was pre-sold and shouldn’t have been posted”. I don’t know how people are still finding open allocations or finding these on the lots.

Guess no new vin dumps today?

Sponsored

VERN

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
VERN
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT 500
I know of one on the truck to Geneva, ny asking 15k over probably could negotiate some. It was not sold as of yesterday. Friendly ford. I passed on it without attempting to negotiate.

Raven9

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 1967 Mercury Cougar
Well today was good. Got a VIN today with a May 25th build week. We will see if it actually gets built now.

OP
OP
Snoopy49

Snoopy49

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Earl
Vehicle(s)
2013 GT500 - SOLD and 2020 GT500 - SOLD
Attention:
There were 346 new VINs issued today. Call your dealer and see if you were one of the lucky ones.
Good luck.

Finch

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jon
Vehicle(s)
Here’s what I can tell you. Jim Shorkey Ford in White Oak, PA had an orange one on hand as of Sat that was avail. They have a Magnetic in transit as well also avail as of Sat. C Harper Ford in Belle Vernon, PA has a Ford perf blue base in transit that is also avail as of last I talked to them. These are all 3 Base Models with Recaro’s. If you are seriously looking for one and can get it from PA get on the phone and call them.

dsz blade

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' Mustang GT PP1
Here’s what I can tell you. Jim Shorkey Ford in White Oak, PA had an orange one on hand as of Sat that was avail. They have a Magnetic in transit as well also avail as of Sat. C Harper Ford in Belle Vernon, PA has a Ford perf blue base in transit that is also avail as of last I talked to them. These are all 3 Base Models with Recaro’s. If you are seriously looking for one and can get it from PA get on the phone and call them.
Ok so here is where the pickiness is getting in the way. I saw two of those (wasn’t aware of the magnetic one).

I have an order that is supposedly good with a decent mark up on it. Problem with it is - It’s a purchased allocation from a different dealer. This doesn’t really bother me but because the other dealer submits the order, my dealer is unwilling to really mess with it. They won’t even move the priority code off of 80. So I’m looking at end of 5k allocations at the way this is going.

Per Snoopy, we are at 2880 with May build dates. So I’ll end up losing the entire summer by the time the car is delivered and I had plans, including 6 weeks off work, where I wanted to do stuff with the car. The dealer seems trustworthy enough, but the lack of info sucks and losing the summer sucks.

I was looking FPB one in PA but I’m unsure if I want recaros.
Sponsored