2018+ Mycolor Upgrade

Zambonicassoni

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2019 Need for Green Ecoboost 101a
Hi all, I'm trying to add all the interior illuminated parts to my 19 Ecoboost. After searching the forums, I noticed there's not a lot of info regarding Mycolor on 18+MY Mustangs, so I guess I'll also be trying to consolidate what I've been able to piece together from posts elsewhere. If anyone knows of a thread that discusses 18+, I'd appreciate a link.

I would also like to thank eddison for this quote in the mega thread for the Mycolor hack, as I never would've guessed Ford would actually put wiring into the vehicle when they had no intention of utilizing it from the factory.

I was able to get MyColor working on my 101A base 18 Mustang by installing the 18 digital cluster and new BCM-B. I now have full interior ambient lighting including door sills. My 101A was prewired for everything, I just had to plug in and program the new BCM-B and install the ambient lights.
My 101a does have the wiring in it, at least for the door sills, as that is as far as I've checked given my time. I did install the illuminated sill plates today, however they do not light up upon the door opening. Would this be due to a different method of wiring used by Ford from the factory compared to when one puts the kit in themselves and uses the panel under the passenger side kick plate? I can't think of a reason why they wouldn't light up otherwise, as I don't see Ford not wiring the harness fully so it can be used by the plates. If anyone has any ideas I'm completely open to them, thanks for your time!
Sponsored

Ardy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang EcoBoost
You need to enable power to go through those cables using Forscan

OP
OP
Zambonicassoni

Zambonicassoni

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)

Blade007

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost Magnetic, 2011 Nissan quest
Hi guys
have a quick question. I have a base 2017. If I get this part FR3Z-13C788-E this should help me get the mycolor in my car correct? I upgraded to the digital dash and it has mycolor but the module in my car does not support mycolor/ambient lighting. I want to put in the lighted cup holders and will try to see if the cabling is there for the parts
Thanks

Sponsored

OP
OP
Zambonicassoni

Zambonicassoni

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
Hi guys
have a quick question. I have a base 2017. If I get this part FR3Z-13C788-E this should help me get the mycolor in my car correct? I upgraded to the digital dash and it has mycolor but the module in my car does not support mycolor/ambient lighting. I want to put in the lighted cup holders and will try to see if the cabling is there for the parts
Thanks
Tbh I'm not quite sure on my end, though it seems like that would be the case. Looking at the As Built data program I have the part number seems to have changed from my understanding, though I'm not sure how the part number changes on a year to year basis. My father's '15 EB Prem was part number FR3T-14D644-BE, mine on a '19 101A EB is KR3T-14D644-AA, and a '19 EB Prem is KR3T-14D644-BE. The latter two I can confirm (I think) is the difference on a 19. This might even vary from the '18 MY as a user on here was selling his lighting module from an '18 101A EB and that part number was FR3T-14D644-AF.

I can't even find my part number through a search on Ford part websites at all, so I'm at a loss for what part number I need to look for, unless I'm entirely wrong on it and looking at the wrong device. 13C788 will bring up that control module, but every label I see on any of them is 14D644.

Blade007

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost Magnetic, 2011 Nissan quest
My module is FR3T-14D644-AF so that is not a my color module
I was informed that the 15-17 is not like the 18+ and does not have the harness for the my color.
Working on another idea from a user that did this successfully.
Thanks

Ardy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang EcoBoost
For finding ford parts, the best way I've discovered (when trying to add active valve exhaust)

Go on a Ford dealer's website and search for a car which has the thing you want. Find it's VIN and enter that VIN into https://parts.ford.com/en.html and then search for it.

The only what I could find active valve mufflers for my car was like that.

OP
OP
Zambonicassoni

Zambonicassoni

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
Got the BCM-B in from a premium Mustang, came off a convertible so I just had to switch the code over to a coupe. All the ambient pieces do light up now, though I can't change them since I don't have a high series cluster. Right now they glow that ice blue Ford uses for the other buttons inside. This project will have to be on hold for a bit while I get some money saved for a cluster now, but I can collect the rest of the ambient pieces in the meantime.

ctorres2332

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cesar
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang ecoboost
Got the BCM-B in from a premium Mustang, came off a convertible so I just had to switch the code over to a coupe. All the ambient pieces do light up now, though I can't change them since I don't have a high series cluster. Right now they glow that ice blue Ford uses for the other buttons inside. This project will have to be on hold for a bit while I get some money saved for a cluster now, but I can collect the rest of the ambient pieces in the meantime.
Hi, apart from replacing the module how did you hooked up the wiring? Or your car already had it?

Sponsored
OP
OP
Zambonicassoni

Zambonicassoni

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
Hi, apart from replacing the module how did you hooked up the wiring? Or your car already had it?
My car already had it. From what I've looked up I'm guessing any vehicle that has the larger Sync screen has the wiring already in the vehicle, at least for 2018+. I cannot confirm on the 15-17, nor can I confirm a 300A trim level GT for 18+. Since your profile says you drive an 18 Ecoboost, as long as you have the 101A package on it you'll have the wires and harnesses to hook everything up to the car.

SimaLion

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mikalai
Vehicle(s)
18 EB PP
Can you provide right part number for 18+ with 101A?
Sponsored