Need to quiet down my car

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
It quiets it down at WOT even with catless longtube headers?
Yes definitely. @strengthrehab put the borla resonator on his MBRP with catless LTs and it knocked down the WOT volume significantly, but also improved the tone just as significantly. The FP one would only be a little louder.

BrianGT2015

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP, 2015 Mustang Eco Convertible
I have a track day at NCM a month from now and the db limit is 103DB. I have catless headers + borla atak exhaust.

Does anyone have suggestions to quiet it down?
What long tubes did you buy. I would like 103 DB

illtal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Borla Resonator on the ATAK will make it lots more palatable.

Sponsored

illtal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
So is there a version that is true 3" in and out?
No. Like the atak (but I think it has factory connect adapters for this purpose) is made to fit a factory header. You will have to mod it. The neck down isn't much of a restriction in the grand scheme of it all.

Last edited:

jmeiers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1/401A/A10
Vehicle Showcase
Don't get the Magnaflow Tru-X resonator unless you are willing to give up all the volume or live at a church and want to keep things civil. I run Kooks catless longtubes with a Ford Racing Extreme catback and can no longer hear my exhaust once I put in the Tru-X.

To be clear, I had the Ford Performance by Borla resonator on previous to the Magnaflow Tru-X resonator. The Magnaflow Tru-X will be under your required 103 db but it sounds quiet AF! The FP resonator gets rid of the rasp but goes back to full loud when WOT and will likely be over your sound limit. It has controllable volume. You can be quiet or loud whenever you want. The Magnaflow, its just quiet any throttle position.

I'm going to the track this weekend and am too lazy to remove the Tru-X and put my FP resonator back in before then. It will be up for sale probably next week. I can make you a good deal on it!

Furious18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt, 2018 f150 eb 3.5
I added the 3” manga flow resonated midpipe to long tubes and mbrp catback and it made it so much quieter. Well worth it IMO

I tried long tubes with stock catback but it sounded tinny and dumb

udcvsean

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I currently have the Steeda H-pipe and aggressive axle back on my ‘19. Love the tone but it’s starting to get too loud and raspy for me. What’s the benefit of the FP Borla resonator over the stock resonator? Also would it even fit on my cut/clamped exhaust? Description says it’s only for Borla catbacks.

moffetts

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Whippled 2015 GT PP
The FP by Borla and Borla resonators are designed for FP by Borla and Borla catback systems because it is the proper length for the rest of the piping in these kits, but anything is possible with a welder. The FP by Borla resonator is louder than the Borla one and I think it is a good happy medium. It makes for a loud-ish but not raspy sound, whereas the Borla one is too mellow for my taste.

Sponsored
OP
OP
L8APEX

L8APEX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT, '20 Raptor
My update to this is I said fuck it and just kept it the way it is. The track day ended up getting cancelled

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
catless longtube headers
Haha yah good luck with that. Sorry but it ain't gonna happen. You'll just replace one tone for another.

zero_chance

Dismember
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JD
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium w/ Performance Pack
Do you think with this I would be under 103db?
Run what you got and tell em to suck a fat one if they’re out there measuring exhaust at a race track.

moffetts

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Whippled 2015 GT PP
You can tell em to suck a fat one all you want, but either way you’ll be out on your ass with no refund. What an expensive lap.

Devil5oh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
Don't get the Magnaflow Tru-X resonator unless you are willing to give up all the volume or live at a church and want to keep things civil.
:cwl::cwl::cwl::cwl::cwl:
Sponsored