Sponsored

Anyone Experience DSC Sport Suspension Controllers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meraki Autoworks

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.merakiautoworks.com
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP
Hey guys,

Just posting to see if anyone has feedback for DSC Sport controllers for your Mustang.

Would love to see people's honest feedback here.

If you don't know what a DSC sport controller is, I've attached two links that should explain what it does. If not, feel free to ask me.

Only for vehicles with magride suspension.
Mustang GT, GT350, GT350R, GT500.

https://www.dscsport.com/mustang/
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/th...mprove-your-ride-quality-and-handling.134075/

-Josh

Sponsored

Performance nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10
Vehicle Showcase
They have a stand alone kit as well. Been curious about how that would work with non-Magneride vehicles

OP
OP
Meraki Autoworks

Meraki Autoworks

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.merakiautoworks.com
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP
Any specific questions you have about it let me know and I can ask DSC.

We want enthusiasts to be able to use this product because of its advantages!

-Josh

Cardude99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
Is this for magneride cars?

Performance nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10
Vehicle Showcase
Any specific questions you have about it let me know and I can ask DSC.

We want enthusiasts to be able to use this product because of its advantages!

-Josh
Sure. Ask for using their stand alone kit for a non-magneride equipped S550. It isnt listed as a car that can use it.

I really like my Steeda dual rate springs but would really like to switch to an electronic adjusting dampening system that can handle track duty as well as daily driving. Optimal would be a way to keep the springs and just replace the shocks and struts with electronic dampers with aggressively tuned valving. If that isnt an option, how do we get a system that imitates what I have now.

I really love my Steeda setup. Just would like to adjust it on the fly rather than manually adjusting it all.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Meraki Autoworks

Meraki Autoworks

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.merakiautoworks.com
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP
Sure. Ask for using their stand alone kit for a non-magneride equipped S550. It isnt listed as a car that can use it.

I really like my Steeda dual rate springs but would really like to switch to an electronic adjusting dampening system that can handle track duty as well as daily driving. Optimal would be a way to keep the springs and just replace the shocks and struts with electronic dampers with aggressively tuned valving. If that isnt an option, how do we get a system that imitates what I have now.

I really love my Steeda setup. Just would like to adjust it on the fly rather than manually adjusting it all.
It can work on any car that is passive where electronic or magneride shocks are applicable. The system uses G-force as it's primary function for controlling the dampers. Unfortunately there is no CAN connect to these cars. So there would be no other inputs besides G-force.

-Josh

Performance nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10
Vehicle Showcase
Thank you for checking! So if I am understanding this correctly it can still adjust between street and track. But instead of adjusting all the shocks manually like I am now, you have to connect a computer to the DSC controller to change to a more aggressive profile. You will not have the ability to select a mode like the stock magneride cars can.

If I'm understanding that correctly, I am not seeing a huge benefit.

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
Thank you for checking! So if I am understanding this correctly it can still adjust between street and track. But instead of adjusting all the shocks manually like I am now, you have to connect a computer to the DSC controller to change to a more aggressive profile. You will not have the ability to select a mode like the stock magneride cars can.

If I'm understanding that correctly, I am not seeing a huge benefit.
Maybe there's something in the DSC User Manual (it's an available download) where you could hook up your laptop at the track and load whole calibrations instead of editing lots of individual cells.

It's not like you'd keep tinkering with your calibrations once you've found something you're satisfied with. Not until you mechanically change something on the car that could call for some retuning.

Norm

Cdnspeed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Base GT/PP
It can work on any car that is passive where electronic or magneride shocks are applicable. The system uses G-force as it's primary function for controlling the dampers. Unfortunately there is no CAN connect to these cars. So there would be no other inputs besides G-force.

-Josh

The magnaride system uses the ride height sensors to simulate actual shim stacks as well,

The g force table sets up base stiffness and can add or remove stiffness depending on what the car is doing,

I will have a magnaride sub harness made soon for own arduino based shock controller, just sourcing out all the oem connectors

Sponsored

Performance nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10
Vehicle Showcase
The magnaride system uses the ride height sensors to simulate actual shim stacks as well,

The g force table sets up base stiffness and can add or remove stiffness depending on what the car is doing,

I will have a magnaride sub harness made soon for own arduino based shock controller, just sourcing out all the oem connectors
So help me out with the ride height sensors because I find that part really interesting. Is that part of the adjustment mechanism that gives feedback to adjust stiffness based on wheel movement? I was wondering how it would accomplish this with G-force sensors. Ride height awareness seems to be more effective if I'm understanding it correctly.

I've also been curious if the ride height sensor could be used to estimate downforce on the car as the car squats. Not sure if shocks/struts would need to adjust but it would be interesting if it could be used as a measuring tool to demonstrate downforce generated.

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
Ride height sensing can give you more than just position. Shock piston velocity can also be determined, which would be more useful in looking up appropriate damping.

Norm

Cdnspeed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Base GT/PP
So help me out with the ride height sensors because I find that part really interesting. Is that part of the adjustment mechanism that gives feedback to adjust stiffness based on wheel movement? I was wondering how it would accomplish this with G-force sensors. Ride height awareness seems to be more effective if I'm understanding it correctly.

I've also been curious if the ride height sensor could be used to estimate downforce on the car as the car squats. Not sure if shocks/struts would need to adjust but it would be interesting if it could be used as a measuring tool to demonstrate downforce generated.
the ride height sensor determines wheel rate, which in turn changes the Field in the shock within milliseconds. then the G force helps with Anti Dive and leaning in corners.

You could also tie in to brake pressure sensor and have the front shocks stiffen in proportion to brake pressure.

My table uses a G force sensor then the Ride height sensors are added to that to determine ideal stiffness for a given situation.

JohnD

Legend in his own mind
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1 track day car
There's a guy on trackmustangsonline.com who uses this setup. He seems pretty competitive so I would assume he likes them
Only guy I knew over there who was using it dropped it and went to what every serious racer uses, double or triple adjustable high quality coilovers. Magnaride seems to me to be more of a tool to smooth out the ride and not a lot more, I've never seen them on a production based race car.

DroptopFox

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jermaine
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
I just installed a v4 and the ride feels a bit bouncy compared to stock. I can't find any information on how to calibrate the ride height for the GT350 which I hope would smooth things out a bit. Anyone have this info?
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.