Wanting advice for return style fuel system

Tim17GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT 2013 Taurus SHO
I originally ordered a budget system. I got a little worried hearing some folks maxing out some systems so I talked to Beefcake and he put together a Fore system to suit my car. It wasn't as expensive as I thought it would have been and I plan on making around the same power OP is expecting. I probably had nothing to worry about with a budget system but for a few hundred bucks I'm certain the Fore system will be enough.
Sponsored

Mike K.

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GTPP
Can he get there - Probably
Reliably and safe - NO

Been there done that. Listen to what people are telling you. The reason we have forums like this is so people can learn from people's mistakes or their journey's (like me).

Most tuners (the good ones) wont tune on E85 with a BAP on boost and require a return style system.
Procharged here as well. Started on 93 tune with a BAP. Moved to E85 and installed the Sai Li kit. Went from a P1 to a D1X = 800+. Running out of fuel at high end - went with Fore system.
Never had ANY issues with any of these systems NEVER - I thank the Experts at @Lund for that. When I first went boosted everyone told me you will always want more - power/boost junkie - they were right!
Look at my progression - it is just like many others on here. If when I first went boosted I would have just gone with a Fore system think of the $$$ I would have saved and still be at the finish line now.
Have a Chevy project I am working on at the moment and the biggest take a way from the Mustang is do it right the first time - spend the cash upfront. When the journey is complete - if there is such a thing - you will still be money ahead and have the best solution.
Point taken , what kind of injectors did you go with ? What power lvl are you at now?

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase

whatsup62

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP (Gone but not forgotten).
Point taken , what kind of injectors did you go with ? What power lvl are you at now?
Went with ID1050X injectors, Fore stage 2 with F3 controller - I am right at 850 wheel currently about to try for 900.

Mike K.

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GTPP
Went with ID1050X injectors, Fore stage 2 with F3 controller - I am right at 850 wheel currently about to try for 900.
same for me I went with those same injectors and also was debating a fuel system for the lpf turbo kit I ordered ( hence why I asked the questions). Out of curiosity and because it’s not super obvious what’s the diff between the stage 2 and 3 / 4 kits ?

Sponsored

Sighlense

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic GT/PP

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
I assume it's E85 compatible, but it doesn't state that anywhere? Also, not a fan of the silver hose.
The pumps are rated for e85. Gotta keep in mind that the DW400 pushes more fuel than a Walbro 525. I assume you can buy the pumps/wiring/hoses separately. Not sure though

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt/cs auto 3:55 gears
Vehicle Showcase

Mike K.

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GTPP
What do you guys think the power limits of the 1050x injectors is with a return style fuel system? Seems at a certain point may as well buy the 1300s ?

Sponsored

whatsup62

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP (Gone but not forgotten).
same for me I went with those same injectors and also was debating a fuel system for the lpf turbo kit I ordered ( hence why I asked the questions). Out of curiosity and because it’s not super obvious what’s the diff between the stage 2 and 3 / 4 kits ?
https://www.teambeefcakeracing.com/fore-innovations-mustang-gt-2011-2016-fuel-system.html
I went with twin 465s. Good to 1250 I believe

I assume it's E85 compatible, but it doesn't state that anywhere? Also, not a fan of the silver hose.
Sai Li and Fore are E85 compatible

Is that with stock fuel rails?
Look at link above - rails are an option. I had some already.

What do you guys think the power limits of the 1050x injectors is with a return style fuel system? Seems at a certain point may as well buy the 1300s ?
Lund told me 1050's are done at 1000

OP
OP
Mickey3

Mickey3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Walt
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
I appreciate everyone’s advice on this subject. I thought I had it narrowed down to a Fore system but I’ve been reading about the new Deatschwerks system that uses Twin DW400 pumps and your stock fuel assembly bucket.

Like Burkey posted above this seems like a fresh approach. I realize it’s brand new, but what’s everyone opinion on it?

https://www.deatschwerks.com/blog/introducing-deatschwerks-x2-series-mustang-module

Last edited:

Sighlense

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic GT/PP

Phils15GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I'd like to hear more about it as well.
Still need to get the return line, rails, hardware, regulators, electrical and that looks to be just about at fore pricing when added all together.

Not sure what differs between fore and Lethal kit but lethal kit seems much simpler and easier to install. Lines pre-cut, mostly plug and play for the electrical. I was debating between the 2 myself as they look to be close in price.

OP
OP
Mickey3

Mickey3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Walt
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
I finally decided on the Level 1 Division X system from @LethalPerformance. The Level 1 kit comes standard with a triple pump hat, pre-assembled PTFE lines and I spec’d it with twin Walbro 274’s, E85 stainless filter and a triple pump wiring harness for any future upgrades I may make.

Check it out: https://www.lethalperformance.com/lethal-performance-2011-2017-mustang-gt-level-1-return-style-fuel-system.htm

Thanks to @beefcake for trying to make me a great deal on a Fore kit, but I just couldn’t justify the price difference for my modest power levels. Thanks to @Logan@Lethal for answering all of my questions, even on a Sunday morning!

Can’t wait to get the kit installed! Almost time for some E85!
Sponsored