BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Still making up my mind.
The Borla i think is out of the equation for me. the corsa didn’t sound bad but man the price is high for me I like their no drone set up though.

The Roush did sound amazing. Like people here mentioned the tips don’t look the best, sounds good on fly bys.

the awe track doesn’t seem to have the volume as the others mentioned.

the MBRP seems it ticks all the boxes, nice tips good sound loud.... priced right...
I assure you that the AWE Touring is a loud exhaust.

Sponsored

illtal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Still making up my mind.
The Borla i think is out of the equation for me. the corsa didn’t sound bad but man the price is high for me I like their no drone set up though.

The Roush did sound amazing. Like people here mentioned the tips don’t look the best, sounds good on fly bys.

the awe track doesn’t seem to have the volume as the others mentioned.

the MBRP seems it ticks all the boxes, nice tips good sound loud.... priced right...
Awe track is very loud. Don't be fooled. Make sure you buy an exhaust that isn't aluminized steel it gonna rust it if you live in an area with salt.

Unless you paint or coat it

Last edited:
OP
OP

Mustang5ohMan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
A
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
Yeah it just seems from the videos the Awe track (and touring) are very subdued especially when compared with the others I’ve listed.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah it just seems from the videos the Awe track (and touring) are very subdued especially when compared with the others I’ve listed.
When I got the AWE touring axleback I was surprised to find that it was louder than both Borla ATAK and Corsa Xtreme (I've had both) when paired with an X-pipe. Its not at all subdued. You need to hear it.

I added bottle resonators behind the X pipe (like what they do on the catback) to tone it down and that's the video above. It's still as loud as the ATAK as it is.

2018S550GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Speaking from my experience, the AWE track exhaust seemed to be louder than the touring version during cold starts and at idle but both were very similar in sound while cruising and at WOT. I would caution against going with the track edition unless you like headache inducing drone; it was terrible and took less than a month of owning it for me to switch to the touring edition.

Sponsored

illtal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Speaking from my experience, the AWE track exhaust seemed to be louder than the touring version during cold starts and at idle but both were very similar in sound while cruising and at WOT. I would caution against going with the track edition unless you like headache inducing drone; it was terrible and took less than a month of owning it for me to switch to the touring edition.
I'll say the Outlaw is the worst for drone. Hell I have the axleback portion of the full exhaust welded to the stock suitcase and let me tell you it's still Deonte Wilder earbleed level. It wasn't until i got the offroad headers installed though.
Like you it didn't take me long to do something about it.

Cory S

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cory
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
My AWE Touring with LT’s is LOUD....but only when a good load is applied. Zero drone.

mjr1989

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Performance Pack
I recommend the Ford Performance Extreme cat-back. It's manufactured by Borla, the tips look great, and the system is very loud. It's up there with the Corsa Extreme, but has zero drone. Really loud when you're on it, but can be kept fairly tame around town. I feel that this system isn't discussed much, but in my opinion it's hard to beat in terms of sound and quality.

Kungfukendrixx

18Shadowblk_5_0
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1
+1 for Borla ATAK. I have it on my non-active 2018 GT. Sounds amazing!

Sponsored

Bluelightning

Bluelightning
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lightning Blue 2017 GT350, 2019 F-150 4x4 Ecoboost (Daily)
Vehicle Showcase
if anyone heard all of these what’s the loudness/wake the neighbor scale?
Do the Borla. My buddy has it on his car and it is loud, and no drone. If I still had my '18, I would be putting this system on it. Also going to put the GT350 version on my current car.

Black19GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dustin
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
i have MBRP black series axle back and it drones a lot around 2k rpm but i was expecting that. you stated you didnt want drone but keep going back to the MBRP saying it ticks all the boxes.

if you want drone free id suggest staying away from MBRP muffler deletes. I'm looking to add the Magnaflow tru x resonator soon to see if it will help with the drone. HTH cheers

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
i have MBRP black series axle back and it drones a lot around 2k rpm but i was expecting that. you stated you didnt want drone but keep going back to the MBRP saying it ticks all the boxes.

if you want drone free id suggest staying away from MBRP muffler deletes. I'm looking to add the Magnaflow tru x resonator soon to see if it will help with the drone. HTH cheers
The MF tru x will kill most of the volume and change the tone as well just fyi in case that's not what you were going for.
Sponsored