Sponsored

GT performance package

luc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT with PP
What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little bitch? I'll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Corso Pilota, and I've been involved in numerous secret raids on 5th Gear, and I have over 300 confirmed hand brake turns. I am trained in double clutching and I'm the top tuner in my entire community college auto shop class. You are nothing to me but just another pig. I will wipe you the fuck out with speed the likes of which has never been seen before from a Honda Civic, mark my fucking words. You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over the Internet? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of Mazda Miata Owners Clubs across the USA and your license plate is being traced right now so you better prepare for the cruise, faggot. The convoy that wipes out the pathetic little car you call your Chrysler. You’re fucking totaled, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can overtake you in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with my first two gears. Not only am I extensively trained in drifting, but I have access to the entire box set of Fast & Furious Blu-rays I got for Christmas last year and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the track, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little “clever” comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking tongue. But you couldn't, you didn't, and now you’re paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will shift fury all over you and your automatic transmission. Zoom zoom, bitch.

Man, I've been waiting to use that for years :cwl:

Stop flexing, you made a hyperbolic statement about the brakes and then backpedaled. The perf pack isn't "mandatory" for track use. Helpful, yes, required, far from it. If PP2's are overheating after a couple laps, then the PP1 isn't any more "track ready" than the GT. Mods beat out stock every day.
Have you ever seen a track cartoon called "flat out" ?
you remind me of the character

Enjoy
Sponsored

Decanes

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Premium Magnetic Metallic PP1 Magneride 401A manual Roush stage 2
I think you should buy what ever makes you happy as a every day car. If you are buying for the track buy what ever you feel you need and do upgrades!
I have a PP1 didn't buy for any other reason than I liked the way it looked with wheels and spoiler. The package was $3,995.00, I wasn't looking for magneride but couldn't find one with digital dash and active exhaust that didn't have magneride. The window sticker was $49,510.00 did I pay that hell no not even close. Even with taxes tag and all the dealer fees it was not even close to that. Is this the car I wanted NO I wanted a GT350 but was to cheap to buy it. The car sits in the garage and only drive it when picking up my son at school or weekends
So is the PP1 worth the extra money? I have no clue for every one else but for me I love the look of the wheels and spoiler so it was for me. Most people don't care about the active exhaust and digital dash but I love it.

Decanes

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Premium Magnetic Metallic PP1 Magneride 401A manual Roush stage 2
What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little bitch? I'll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Corso Pilota, and I've been involved in numerous secret raids on 5th Gear, and I have over 300 confirmed hand brake turns. I am trained in double clutching and I'm the top tuner in my entire community college auto shop class. You are nothing to me but just another pig. I will wipe you the fuck out with speed the likes of which has never been seen before from a Honda Civic, mark my fucking words. You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over the Internet? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of Mazda Miata Owners Clubs across the USA and your license plate is being traced right now so you better prepare for the cruise, faggot. The convoy that wipes out the pathetic little car you call your Chrysler. You’re fucking totaled, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can overtake you in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with my first two gears. Not only am I extensively trained in drifting, but I have access to the entire box set of Fast & Furious Blu-rays I got for Christmas last year and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the track, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little “clever” comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking tongue. But you couldn't, you didn't, and now you’re paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will shift fury all over you and your automatic transmission. Zoom zoom, bitch.

Man, I've been waiting to use that for years :cwl:

Stop flexing, you made a hyperbolic statement about the brakes and then backpedaled. The perf pack isn't "mandatory" for track use. Helpful, yes, required, far from it. If PP2's are overheating after a couple laps, then the PP1 isn't any more "track ready" than the GT. Mods beat out stock every day.
Dude you are killing me I was laughing my ass off I had to share this post with some friends because you sound like me 20 years ago and before 5 kids LOL If anything thanks for cracking me up today!!
BTW since you have a Charger SCAT Pack how do you feel it compares to your Mustang my dad has one I have driven it many times runs strong and has about 25HP more but I swear I think my Mustang runs stronger but it I could be fooling myself just loving my 6 speed. So let me know

Shifting_Gears

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Have you ever seen a track cartoon called "flat out" ?
you remind me of the character

Enjoy
Dude thank you... it’s been years since I’ve watched those. Hahaha.

FWIW - when I was in the market for my Stang, I drove nearly an equal amount of PP bs non PP cars. PP car felt more solid in any situation. The Torsen, additional stiffness and Brembos truly make the car. Not that a base GT isn’t capable and doesn’t feel like a tight ride, but those changes all work together quite well. I LOVE these brakes.

bnightstar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hristofor
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Fiesta 1.25i, 2017 GB Ford Mustang GT PP Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Im just letting the OP know that if its something hes on fence about that if he goes non pp1 hes not really missing much and is better off pocketing the cash weather its 3k or 5k... doesn't matter if you can buy a elephant for 5 bucks if you don't need one. better to save the 5 bucks then spend it just because you can for something that you really don't need.
So Brakes alone are like 2000$ option to buy from somewhere else. We are not even talking for stuff like back plates and underbelly for the brakes to cool etc. PP1 Package is a good value if you are going to a race track. Obviously if you are just going to work with the car and back PP1 is a waste. But you are getting great value with the package if you buy it from Ford as it saves both time and money if you are doing it yourself.

Sponsored

vernonator

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT w/PP - Race Red
And the Brembos and Torsen, but those depend on more what you're going for. It's performance for a road course or HPDE, not drag strip. Regardless, that 5k difference could go a long way in custom modding.
It has gotten to that point - when first out the PP (15-17) was a great deal, even as they increased the price each model year. On my '16 the PP package was $2,495 and was still a good deal. Now...not so sure

rucus0101

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP1
So Brakes alone are like 2000$ option to buy from somewhere else. We are not even talking for stuff like back plates and underbelly for the brakes to cool etc. PP1 Package is a good value if you are going to a race track. Obviously if you are just going to work with the car and back PP1 is a waste. But you are getting great value with the package if you buy it from Ford as it saves both time and money if you are doing it yourself.
if you look at the cost of the brakes plus torsen it pretty much covers the cost of the PP. you are also getting wheels, much better tires, a bunch of other goodies. I can understand someone not wanting it but arguing that it’s a bad deal is crazy.

EFI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.Br0
The funny part is the biggest cost you are paying for in the pp1 is the wheels and tires and what's the first thing most change? My friend and I both have identical 2019 gts except his has pp1 and mine does not. We drive each others cars all the time you know what difference 5k makes..... next to none. Save the money and buy your own mods. The biggest costs in the pp1 is all the same stuff most people end up changing anyway so that 5k just sits in your garage. And the increased radiator... we watch our temps all the time and seriously there is next to no change in temps between his and mine. He has said numerous times he wishes he had not wasted the money on the performance pack and instead had put the 5k into mods of his choice. Not saying anyone is right or wrong mine is just another opinion based on my personal experiences for you to consider.
Driving it around on the street you won't really notice much as you said. But take those 2 cars to a track and the PP1 will run laps on yours, so it's not necessarily all wasted.

And sure you can get most of this stuff in the aftermarket, but often times people don't want to mess with modding in order to have a decent track car. Also, at $5k in 2020 it is getting a bit expensive, in 2016 this same exact package was under $3k and much more bang for your buck.

Zinc03svt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
stang
This just becomes the case of people defending what they purchased. There are no absolutes on what is best for each individual. You cannot take every part difference on a pp1 and buy them plus installation anywhere close to buying a discounted/rebated car up front. Is a pp1 or pp2 perfect? No, but it was probably the best 34k I have spent bang for the buck plus the E85 tune. Made my 67k list C7 look like a total waste of money...

YoloBathsalts

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT - PP1
I opted for the PP1 over premium. I'm not a fancy guy. I don't need all those fancy bells and whistles. Nav screen? no thanks, I'll take a 3 inch index card sized LCD that does nothing but display the song and clock. I do however track my car so I did want the suspension goodies and additional cooling, and of course the bigger brakes. I've got the MT-82 so with my ADD I barely have time for anything else in the cockpit. I do want to stiffen everything up a bit so I'm likely going for the FP Track suspension kit next season. I want it to be unbearable for daily driving bc I'm a bit of lunatic. The one thing I really wish I had was airplane switches. God i wish i had sweet airplane switches. Thank god I've got my phone dial pad tho, clutch feature.

Sponsored

Rocketman

Keep it stupid, stupid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PPPPPPP
Honestly, the PP1 should be the base car and PP2 should be PP1.

givemeadollar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 LFP 800
I bought the car as a project and knew that 95% of the pp1 package would be replaced so I opted for the base and spent the extra cash on the goodies that will stay on the car. Out of the whole pp1 kit i would have kept the brakes the k member brace, and maybe spoiler. Everything else would be replaced. So for me it was much easier to buy those items individually.

I Bleed Ford Blue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2023 grabber blue metallic Mach 1
In 17 the price for the PP1 rose to $2995 and it was still a good deal. Some one mentioned that to upgrade the brakes will cost you at least 2K, actually ford racing sells the PP1 brake kit and it comes with the rotors, calipers, pads, backing plate and hardware. You can pick up the complete kit for around 1300 new.

https://lmr.com/item/M2300V/2015-Mustang-Ford-Racing-Brembo-6-Piston-Brake-Kit

canyon ed

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ED
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Convertible Premium Auto W/PP1 NVRMADE
In 17 the price for the PP1 rose to $2995 and it was still a good deal. Some one mentioned that to upgrade the brakes will cost you at least 2K, actually ford racing sells the PP1 brake kit and it comes with the rotors, calipers, pads, backing plate and hardware. You can pick up the complete kit for around 1300 new.

https://lmr.com/item/M2300V/2015-Mustang-Ford-Racing-Brembo-6-Piston-Brake-Kit
Shelby sells these on ebay for was less than new prices.
Sponsored