You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks, Jaime. Early on, George K. suggested I get rails so I did. No big deal and who knows, it might help on the road sometime.

Speaking of which..

As I did with my first GT-500, I plan to buy a decent 20" wheel and tire as a spare. Thankfully, the well in the chassis is there even though we didn't pay enough to get a real spare tire. <shaking head>

I did this because on the SECOND day of ownership, I picked up a nail in what I thought was a clean parking lot and I came out to a flat tire. Those of you who have trailers and winches would have been fine but not me. After unsuccessfully searching for a wrecker outfit that could handle the low ground clearance of the car, I went to Autozone and got a patch kit. Then drove back home to get a pump and eventually, I got another tire from the dealership and had it mounted. No problems since but I learned so I also want a real spare in Sarah and I am going to get another of the DC pumps I got the first time around. Man, what a difference and screw that aerosol flat fixer BS.
I am sure you can pick up a base wheel for this purpose. You will want to get a front wheel, or a rear wheel and a spacer. The rear wheel will not fit over the front brakes without a spacer.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Jmeo

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I think Ill be changing my oil to Amsoil. I used it on my 2014 GT500 and loved it.
I also like Amsoil, but in all the research I have done over the years, there is no real advantage to switching. This is another debated to death topic, but in the end use what you like, you should have zero issues.

:beer:

V00D00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
Thanks, Jaime. Early on, George K. suggested I get rails so I did. No big deal and who knows, it might help on the road sometime.

Speaking of which..

As I did with my first GT-500, I plan to buy a decent 20" wheel and tire as a spare. Thankfully, the well in the chassis is there even though we didn't pay enough to get a real spare tire. <shaking head>

I did this because on the SECOND day of ownership, I picked up a nail in what I thought was a clean parking lot and I came out to a flat tire. Those of you who have trailers and winches would have been fine but not me. After unsuccessfully searching for a wrecker outfit that could handle the low ground clearance of the car, I went to Autozone and got a patch kit. Then drove back home to get a pump and eventually, I got another tire from the dealership and had it mounted. No problems since but I learned so I also want a real spare in Sarah and I am going to get another of the DC pumps I got the first time around. Man, what a difference and screw that aerosol flat fixer BS.

Just so happens im selling my stockers.. would make a good deal for you.

Also have 2 rear tires if jmeo isnt going to take em

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
Again, thanks, Jaime. I don't know if I can find wheels to clear the front calipers but that was the plan. But they don't need to be 11" wheels, right? Just enough wheel and tire to limp home is the goal.

OP
OP
Jmeo

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Again, thanks, Jaime. I don't know if I can find wheels to clear the front calipers but that was the plan. But they don't need to be 11" wheels, right? Just enough wheel and tire to limp home is the goal.
There in lies the problem if you don't want a factory wheel.. It will need to be discovered what is the smallest wheel that will fit the front. Its gonna take trial and error, for the most part.

Sponsored

Snoopy49

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Earl
Vehicle(s)
2013 GT500 - SOLD and 2020 GT500 - SOLD
I hope the 2020 has a larger wheel well than the 2013, you basically had to find a tire that would fit in the well and then find a wheel that would clear the caliper and rotor.

mrbillwot

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
'19 Kona Blue w/blk roof & blk stripes GT350, 89 LX5.0 Sedan (Mustangs Past: 69's Coupe, Mach 1, & GT)

TexxasGT350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350, 2018 Rator, 2020 GT500
The supplement mentions 11.5 quart capacity. Is there another capacity specification I missed? I know 1/2 quart isn't much just curious where you got 12 quarts???

Sponsored

chief_charlie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
Lots of late-model Mustangs
Oops, sorry about that, it has been corrected.

Code: 1296422031763189
Your code expires on April 5, 2020, so do not wait!
Earl,
Where on the Order/Website do you find a spot to apply the Discount Code? Is it only when you get to the last page and you've clicked PLACE ORDER link? I need 48 quarts of Full-Synthetic 5W-50 for the "fleet"

Snoopy49

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Earl
Vehicle(s)
2013 GT500 - SOLD and 2020 GT500 - SOLD
RockAuto
Your discount code is:

How to Use Your Discount Code
Enter the code above in the "How Did You Hear About Us?" space on the checkout page (above your payment information). Do not enter any other text in that space or the discount will not apply.

Please note: Discount only valid for orders placed online. Code must be entered before order is submitted.

The discount takes 5% off our reliably low prices. There is no limit on order size or the number of orders. Use the code for your next order, and share the code with anyone you know who works on cars or trucks.

This discount code expires on April 5, 2020

chief_charlie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
Lots of late-model Mustangs
RockAuto
Your discount code is:

How to Use Your Discount Code
Enter the code above in the "How Did You Hear About Us?" space on the checkout page (above your payment information). Do not enter any other text in that space or the discount will not apply.

Please note: Discount only valid for orders placed online. Code must be entered before order is submitted.

The discount takes 5% off our reliably low prices. There is no limit on order size or the number of orders. Use the code for your next order, and share the code with anyone you know who works on cars or trucks.

This discount code expires on April 5, 2020
:thumbsup:

OP
OP
Jmeo

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
The supplement mentions 11.5 quart capacity. Is there another capacity specification I missed? I know 1/2 quart isn't much just curious where you got 12 quarts???
I just meant that you will need to purchase 12 quarts.

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.