andyturbo2000

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost Convertible
Hi all,
I’m new, hence all the questions. Many thanks in anticipation. I’m from the Jap crowd so fuel was a huge topic, mainly due to the high octane content in Japan and some of the older cars needing octane boost. I drove a Mustang in the USA around a year ago and the fuel over there is basically pond water in many cases. What’s the recommended here? And have owners seen noticeable differences with fuel such as Tesco 99, Total Excellium and Shell V-Power?
Sponsored

jonny10buds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Bullitt, 1972 Lincoln Continental MkIV, 2010 Honda Accord (daily driver)
I only put V-Power in mine but I’m probably wasting my money, American cars will run on pretty much anything.

raptor17GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Manual 2017
I had an mr2 turbo til 18months ago so I know the fuel pain well. One thing I would say though is US fuel is as good as ours, they just measure using MON not RON which gives lower ratings for the same fuel. I use SUL all the time but if I get stuck up North then it'll get 95, aint no way I'm going to be pushing this lump about!

inky5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ian
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang 5.0GT Fastback
I always use Super Unleaded. Even the Sainsburys stuff @ 97 RON as it’s near us and cheap..!
It will run on normal u/l but I’m not sure it’s the best thing to do.

maddog1982

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT (S550)
I only really use shell and recently switched to vpower. It may be all in my head but I swear it rums better, seems to have better throttle response and pulls lower down the rev range as well as harder. Took a few thanks to notice though. Car is standard slexcept for a full touring borla exhaust.

Sponsored

GR11M

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Graham
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
I've only ever run mine on V Power, even the tune was for V Power.

marks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Race Red Manual
Always V Power or Tesco 99 Octane stuff. While you may not see dramatic performance improvements because car won't take advantage of increased compression ratios, the additives put in the premium fuels are worthwhile. Plus the hose for the premium fuels is generally cleaner so hand doesn't stink of diesel/petrol after using!
Sponsored