Sponsored

Velossa Tech BIG MOUTH for 2018+ Mustangs?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsored

OP
OP
VelossaTech

VelossaTech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.velossatechdesign.com
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus ST
Didn’t want to buy a 15-17 kit and be disappointed it wouldn't fit, but will there be an 18+ kit that fits the newer style RTR grilles?
Thats the intent, to have it fit as many different grilles as possible!

Thanks
D

OP
OP
VelossaTech

VelossaTech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus ST
I have an Iconic silver GT California Special, which one will look best and how do I order?
I'm afraid the cali special grille is not compatible with our big mouth ram air, that grille is a one piece front mesh whereas the compatible grilles all must have 'fang' type grilles with an open port on one or both sides.

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
OP
OP
VelossaTech

VelossaTech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus ST
Hmmm. Didn't realize you made diffusers as well! How durable is the 3M tape? (sorry or the hijack)
The fins have hooks on the front of them as well as the 3M, they stay in place very well. This is a great way to have fins without having to drill.

Kermitz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Seth
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1 300A M6
Vehicle Showcase
Will this also work on the Bullitt grill, which does not have the fangs?
Also in if it will work with the Bullitt grill
I'm curious about this as well. I have asked in the past and never got a response. I guess I'll be the guinea pig, as I have both a Bullitt style grille and the left side Velossa Tech that I'll be installing soon.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Kermitz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Seth
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1 300A M6
Vehicle Showcase
I'm afraid the cali special grille is not compatible with our big mouth ram air, that grille is a one piece front mesh whereas the compatible grilles all must have 'fang' type grilles with an open port on one or both sides.
Does this also apply to the Bullitt grille?

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
Also in if it will work with the Bullitt grill
I'm curious about this as well. I have asked in the past and never got a response. I guess I'll be the guinea pig, as I have both a Bullitt style grille and the left side Velossa Tech that I'll be installing soon.
I'm going to say no (without a decent bit of tweaking), having owned a set (and on deck for a new set), here's why ...

So imagine this is looking at the grill from the top

BACK

__/--\_/---------\_/--\__

FRONT

The -- is the grill/mesh, the __ is the frontmost surface - the front edge of the ducts go to the __ i.e., the front, so they need these separate "cones":

/--\

To slip over, that \_/ part is the "fang" which creates a non-continuous mesh area, so it's small mesh, break, large mesh, break, small mesh.

The Bullitt grill I believe is like this:

__/-------------------\__

No slots/channels to slip over, just one long grill section.

You could cutout the end corners on a Bullitt style grill, so the ducts could flush up, but I'm not sure how that interior edge of the grill would look - if you cutout those end sections /--\ on a GT grill, they have a nice finish/edge all the way around.

I'm going to this when I get mine:

__/ \_/---------\_/ \__

Just remove the grills from the corners, but I am going to start with an aftermarket grill that's basically a GT grill without the pony.

OP
OP
VelossaTech

VelossaTech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus ST
Thanks for the break down @MaskedRacerX .

Question, does anyone know of a 2018+ Mustang in the south florida area? Our local 2018 fell through and we are in need of a south florida mustang owner to help us with R&D, they will get a free ram air kit when we are done. All we need is someone to bring their car into the shop for about 2-3 hours the first time, so we can 3D scan the structures, then after about 1-2 weeks we will have 1 or 2 prototypes to test fit. We may need one more final test fit after that to complete the product. If you know anyone in the Hollywood/Fort lauderdale or Miami area that wants to come to Hollywood and be a part of this project please PM me or shoot me an email at [email protected]. I will also personally take you through our state of the art 3D printing facility and show you how we design, engineer, test and manufature our parts. Thanks in advance!

Best,
D

OP
OP
VelossaTech

VelossaTech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus ST
@VelossaTech If I were closer I'd be all over this (I've even done some testing/documentation for a some parts in the past), same coast, just way up in the St. Augustine area.
Ohhh you live in the Ghost city. It's only a 5 hour drive :)
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.