Sponsored

Youve got $1000 to spend - what are you buying?

hlfbkd420

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bilbo Hicks
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT w/ Roush P2 SC, 2015 KIA Sorento SXL
Change your withholding so Uncle Sam doesn't profit from you not knowing how to fill out a w-2 :) (the goal is to owe $0 at the end of the year and to get $0 back)
Sponsored

OP
OP

trevman2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT3fiddy
Change your withholding so Uncle Sam doesn't profit from you not knowing how to fill out a w-2 :) (the goal is to owe $0 at the end of the year and to get $0 back)
I wish it was that easy - cant go lower than 0...

upload_2020-3-5_22-6-52.png

...and thanks for pretty much calling me a moron because you don't think I know how to fill out tax paperwork...and it's a W4...not a W2 :)

Last edited:

jmn444

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
gt350
I wish it was that easy - cant go lower than 0...

upload_2020-3-5_22-6-52.png

...and thanks for pretty much calling me a moron because you don't think I know how to fill out tax paperwork...and it's a W4...not a W2 :)
zero actually causes more withholdings... but the 2020 w4 is different I believe. I think now you can claim a combination of other dependents in the 2k or 500 child tax credit levels in order to adjust closer to zero refund....

but my real advice here is to use the money for track days :)

matmar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
matthew
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
Looks like we're in the same boat, OP. Light and tastefuly mods add up quick though!

How did you decide FP passenger oil separator over the drivers? Was looking into old threads but only saw that most people empty more oil out of passenger side.

16Kobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
Vehicle Showcase
2 different track events....Barber Motorsports Park and Virginia International Raceway in April!!!

Sponsored

jmn444

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
gt350
Looks like we're in the same boat, OP. Light and tastefuly mods add up quick though!

How did you decide FP passenger oil separator over the drivers? Was looking into old threads but only saw that most people empty more oil out of passenger side.
Pass side has vacuum on it all the time EXCEPT for WOT, so air is constantly moving thru that separator from the valve cover into the intake.... Driver side only has "enough" vacuum on it at WOT to pull oil thru. So most people don't run WOT in long enough bursts to really notice it on driver side unless on track and even then it's not a ton of oil captured in my experience.

Kado

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 H4866
Good call on the res delete and the separator. I'd spring for camber plates long before an MGW. IMHO, the stock shifter is great, but if you plan on doing some autocrossing or track stuff, camber plates are going to be a huge help in terms of performance and tire wear.

Jacking rails are another nice to have.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Camber plates are nice but not needed depending on how hard you will push on track. Rear cradle lockouts are good.

Probably PPF is the first thing that comes to my mind, but you could easily suck up the $1,000 on that alone. IMO it's money well spend if you plan to drive a lot, especially on track.

Other than that - I'm with the others that said TRACK DAYS!!

hlfbkd420

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bilbo Hicks
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT w/ Roush P2 SC, 2015 KIA Sorento SXL

Dr. JL

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350R: GR227 and GR378
Carbon fiber driveshaft. Standard equipment on GT500s.

Sponsored

Ninjak

Posting from the Shadows
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2019 Harley Davidson F150 68 GTA
Hmmm interesting. I already have some mods most would do...so I would say...Um....jacking rails, and the protective coating to the front. Maybe a CF driveshaft.

OP
OP

trevman2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT3fiddy
Good call on the res delete and the separator. I'd spring for camber plates long before an MGW. IMHO, the stock shifter is great, but if you plan on doing some autocrossing or track stuff, camber plates are going to be a huge help in terms of performance and tire wear.

Jacking rails are another nice to have.
Thanks - I hadn't thought of camber plates - I will do some research

OP
OP

trevman2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT3fiddy
zero actually causes more withholdings... but the 2020 w4 is different I believe. I think now you can claim a combination of other dependents in the 2k or 500 child tax credit levels in order to adjust closer to zero refund....
True fact - I usually owe money but this year, due to a move with my employer and they paid for literally everything, I actually got a refund - first time in 6 years.

madlag

Snake Charmer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350R, 2022 GT500
Thanks for the responses - these are alot of the things I already had in mind.

Just ordered FP passenger side oil separator, Shifteck resonator H pipe delete and oil change stuff. Still on the fence about MGW. Also looking at new brake pads & jacking rails...still got money to spend
MGW and a raceseng knob. run dont walk you'll thank me later..

sublime1996525

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red GT350
This is a tough question! Track days are always a good spend, res delete is on my list, Lund flex tune...?
Sponsored