Sponsored

GT350 WHEEL HOP?

Kobi Addiction

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT350
Never experienced wheel hop, but still made the Steeda IRS braces one of my first mods. Definitely a must have item.
Sponsored

galaxy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
I have done the Steeda IRS brace with the centering delrin pieces they sell twice on my old GT350 and removed it twice (the brace). Both times while helping with the subframe movement, I got it to rub against the edge of the factory left front IRS bracket.
What made you keep removing them?

proeagles

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT 350, 2019 BMW X3, 2019 Honda Civic
I went out and drove the crap out of my car and it never once wheel hopped. It just spins the tires within the limits of traction control which is quite forgiving on a GT350.

galaxy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
Are the front braces a good mod too, .or mainly the rear? The Steeda one seems pretty simple, and BMR has that four point one.

Sponsored

Kobi Addiction

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT350
Are the front braces a good mod too, .or mainly the rear? The Steeda one seems pretty simple, and BMR has that four point one.
The front tie brace helps with handling and tramlining, and for the low price is worth grabbing at the same time as the IRS braces. The Steeda 2-point works great and is very simple to install. I had to switch out the Steeda for the BMR 4-point due to my Stainless Works LTH's making contact when i installed. The BMR sits closer to the front of the vehicle and avoids the LTH's.

Both braces work fine, I couldn't tell a difference between the two on the roads.

OP
OP
The Rooster

The Rooster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
So general consensus; install the braces.... no bushing supports necessary. Probably get on that tonight.

galaxy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
Steeda braces are great and super easy install. BMR's lockout kit Level 2 weighs less of course but is a harder install.

In terms of most effectiveness, the Steeda kit is probably better but I went with the BMR kit because of weight reasons. I don't really drag race and I wanted to get my rear subframe more in control rather than eliminate wheel hop. Wheel hop reduction was just a bonus for me.
Do both items (the Steeda brace and the BMR lockout kit) essentially supposed to do the same thing? Mount in the same area on the car, right?

Sagittaria

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350R
I might get flamed for this but I'm not a fan of bracing a flexible/bushing mounted sub frame. I get it's easy sure and folks have had success but it's inherently not the ideal solution.

Dropping the IRS in my 2003 Cobra days was pretty common place with FTBR or MM full bushing kits. This doesn't appear to be the norm anymore but FTBR and BMR make do make the same style kits for the S550. Just putting that out there for those that don't mind wrenching.

Sponsored

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Do both items (the Steeda brace and the BMR lockout kit) essentially supposed to do the same thing? Mount in the same area on the car, right?
The BMR kit actually replaces a mount with a stronger and stiffer mount and locks out the subframe with additional bushings. The Steeda kit is additional bracing. If you check out the install videos out there it'll be a lot clearer.

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase

NoXiDe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
@tj@steeda got a guy on a 350 FB group that just installed these on his ā€˜19 and he said they fit as advertised. Got pics and all. Any ideas??
If you go to the link and go to the most recent review, 05/19/2020. This was installed on a whipple gt350. He did report that 2 of the pieces did not fit the GT350.
Sponsored