Sponsored

What is "Ultra-Guard"?

Donut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 HPP, '94 GT
When I bought the car, the dealership included something called "Ultra-Guard" paint sealant. I'm supposed to receive six applications (one every six months) as part of the package. Maybe my Google-fu is weak, but all I can come up with is some kind of swimming pool coating and a wood varnish from Axalta (I really don't think that it's either one of those).

I didn't pay for it, but I'd like to know what it is, and if it's worth driving the two hours to the dealership every six months to use. My guess is it's more of a way to get people coming back to them for service/upsells than anything else.
Sponsored

BlueThunder

***ding Rookie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Silver Mustang PP1 Manual (former 2015 GT Auto)
They wipe your car down with an oily rag. Just like the "underbelly corrosion spray" nonsense they try and sell.

Avoid the dealership. Do it yourself or have somebody reputable do it. Only thing I can Google for "Ultra-Guard" has to do with Zaino....and I doubt Ford is using a Zaino product because then....they'd advertise the Zaino product.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Why don’t you just ask them to send you a pic of what they put on your car? This way you’ll know for sure.

Dan243

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
It is a Polymer sealant that needs put on every 6 months. You can buy a sealant for $20 and a bottle will last about 8 coatings. It is a dealership ripoff. Some people think it is a ceramic coating and it is not. A customer I ceramic coated for had it on his vehicle, it didn’t even protect from water etching.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Donut

Donut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 HPP, '94 GT
It is a Polymer sealant that needs put on every 6 months. You can buy a sealant for $20 and a bottle will last about 8 coatings. It is a dealership ripoff. Some people think it is a ceramic coating and it is not. A customer I ceramic coated for had it on his vehicle, it didn’t even protect from water etching.
Thanks Dan. So I'm guessing a standard strip wash will take it is right off? (I already have a down-to-metal rock chip on the hood I need to repair.)

Dan243

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
Thanks Dan. So I'm guessing a standard strip wash will take it is right off? (I already have a down-to-metal rock chip on the hood I need to repair.)
A strip wash will remove most of it. An IPA wipe will remove the rest.
Sponsored