Signature Wheel Ford Rep
Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.signaturewheel.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
In general you don’t want to run a taller tire on the front than the rear. Going to increase lift on the front end.

Mixing compounds is never truly advised, but the 4S and SS are similar enough that you should not see much difference in a street setting. Wouldn’t advise you do this an then put the car into performance driving applications as the tires will have a different grip threshold and drop off point.
Sponsored

lenFeb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Len
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 #K0110
When it's time to replace Cup2s on my GT350, I'll replace them with these:
Front: Nitto NT555 G2, 285/35ZR-19
Back: Nitto NT555 G2, 305/35ZR-19
Anybody have them and can comment if these are good tires?

OP
OP

usaf_branham

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
‘17 GT350
In general you don’t want to run a taller tire on the front than the rear. Going to increase lift on the front end.

Mixing compounds is never truly advised, but the 4S and SS are similar enough that you should not see much difference in a street setting. Wouldn’t advise you do this an then put the car into performance driving applications as the tires will have a different grip threshold and drop off point.
That makes sense. I got lucky and found the stock PSS rear tires through discount tire, they are being shipped to Vegas from somewhere in PA (dude told me they only had a couple left).

I read somewhere that Michelin is going to phase out the PSS in favor of the PS4S. As it stands, they don’t currently make it in the stock GT350 non-R size, which would force running either a 325 or 285 rear tire with a 30 side wall... from what I gather, neither are ideal for the wheel size, track driving, or speedometer calibration. Granted, they will fit and I used to run a 315 on a 10.5 wheel but those were drag radials on a straight line car... future problems I suppose.

dpartn

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R 2019 Ford F350 Platinum 2010 Camaro SS 2016 Toyota Highlander Limited
I am going with the 295 in front and 305 in back. If I am running the PS4 in back, should I mix the 295 PS2 or Super Sports in front? I wanted to go ps4 at all corners in either 325/305 or 305/295 configurations, but I can't seem to find anywhere that has either of those sets in stock without waiting 3 or more months.

datadatum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT350
Well, I was planning on getting just new rears, but it looks like the inside edge of my front tires are toast. Little bit of cords finding daylight as well...

I ordered the fronts yesterday, and they are now sitting in my garage. TireRack is fast (when in stock).

IMG_4178[1].JPG
Sponsored