kent0464

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kent
Vehicle(s)
1983 Ford Ranger, 1986 SVO Mustang, 2017 Mustang GT PP, 2017 F150 3.5 Eco
Vehicle Showcase
Our vehicle's parking brake is mechanical cable operated, correct but it uses the caliper to apply the brake. I have seen many times where there are air bubbles that get stuck and are released by cycling the parking brake whether it is mechanical or electric.

Nope, emergency brake uses separate pads that press on a completely separate braking surface. Does not and can not use the hydraulic system, pads or brake surface for the normal brakes, mandated by federal law, NTSB, and others around the world.
Sponsored

AZRap

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Nope, emergency brake uses separate pads that press on a completely separate braking surface. Does not and can not use the hydraulic system, pads or brake surface for the normal brakes, mandated by federal law, NTSB, and others around the world.
I have been working on s550 brakes for about the last 7 years, so I am pretty confident. Would you please post a photo of your factory parking brake on your 2017 Mustang GT since that is the model we are discussing in this post.

Thub

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT 6 speed
You're flat-out wrong. It uses the pad and braking surface of the service brakes.

decableguy2000

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Vehicle(s)
2016 CO GT PP, 2020 VB GT PP
Sorry to throw a wrench, but denatured alcohol is illegal?.

AZRap

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Sorry to throw a wrench, but denatured alcohol is illegal?.
The poster is from CA so everything is illegal there. Here in AZ you can get denatured alcohol at any paint store or Home Depot. Water works good for brake fluid spills on the vehicle so I am guessing it would also work well to clean up a power bleeder as long as it is wiped down and dried completely prior to next use.
Sponsored