chesster51

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Vehicle Showcase
Love my Ronin, but if this were available I would have bought this instead. Quality looks equal and price is lower.

Rippermac

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mac
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Convertible PP A10
If that's just an introductory price then it's not much different than the Ronin imho . Now if that's the regular price...meh...great step in the right direction. Really wish it would have been available a few weeks ago so I could have saved 20 bucks.

Fly2High

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
looks good but I want to know how long it will take before someone loses the black dust plug. I do not see them up for sale yet. I would bet a dealer or shop would just ditch the plug.

Sponsored

OP
OP
el-guapin

el-guapin

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tesla.com
Vehicle(s)
1949 UFO
If that's just an introductory price then it's not much different than the Ronin imho . Now if that's the regular price...meh...great step in the right direction. Really wish it would have been available a few weeks ago so I could have saved 20 bucks.
Good point. So far the price hasn't change. Maybe that is the ongoing price. I too found out about this new product after I purchased their magnetic drain plug.

sabtaj1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 Mustang GT, 1965 Fairlane 500 wagon
Just put my Ronin in yesterday after my first oil change. I dig it... Not a big fan of the rubber plug for the UPR but Im sure itll work

Fly2High

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
I am sure even the cap on the Ronin could be lost. For that matter, you need the drain mechanism screwed in for it to drain. If you lose that piece you are stuck with an $80 oil pan plug that needs removal. I do not see that piece up for sale separately either.

In either case, the oil is being removed. Why do you need a cover at all? For the Ronin, you need it to protect the threads that are used to screw in the external draining adapter that pushes on the valve to open it.

At least all items needed for draining are permanently attached to the UPR. I am sure a cork or any 1/2” plug could work. I may have to second guess that since they said the blue piece does get hot with he oil.

Not sure

Fly2High

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
Should this be moved to the maintenance/ oil change forum?

Sponsored

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
A little different take on these. What stands out to me, the pan has a sump. The OME plug being the same diameter as the drain hole.

The after market plug drain hole is raised .......... This may come off as nit picking, but is a fact none the less.

That raise hole in not draining the pan as well as the OME does or will do. Not thrilled with plastic, more plastic with less capabilities, even less.

Will have an extra Ford part, on hand.

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
I'd settle with a removable plastic plug with a magnet, or basically a stock plug with a magnet. I want to remove the plug every time to drain the most oil (yeah, I know it's not that much, but I want to :D), and don't trust billet over plastic for that over time. If I can drain a few quarts initially without making a mess, put that oil back in the jug for recycling, then remove the rest, I'd stick to stock plugs. Don't want to buy a huge container I have no space for. That way I can use my current 10-qt one. I wanted a magnet, but guess I can add one to the oil filter with the same effect, no? If I make a mess, might just buy a larger container, and get rid of mine. I'll find out soon enough, as I'm 200 miles away from my first oil change.

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Good luck you have a long road ahead .....:cwl:

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
UPR answered many of the questions you have here in the thread started in the oil and maintenance forum:

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/th...-pan-drain-plug-with-easy-drain-valve.138503/
Good job with the write up, time well spent yours and for the reader.

Post #2 highlights what I see as the big fault in the product.
IMO stock drain plug is the best option & easiest way to empty the pan.

Magnetic pick up is ok. Suggest best method to monitor metal particle contamination. Is to cut the oil filer open, look there.

The plug magnet, consider it only attracts particles that maybe suspended at the plug.

Oil, from the pump pick up, next stop the filter, you get the point. Not all oil flows past the plug ........ location,,, location...location

my .02
Sponsored