Custom shift dial

Snoopy49

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Earl
Vehicle(s)
2013 GT500 - SOLD and 2020 GT500 - SOLD
Did Kevin say anything out its proposed diameter?

OP
OP
marklboris

marklboris

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
______ '20 Shelby GT500 FPB '21 Mach-E GTPE IS
Vehicle Showcase
Did Kevin say anything out its proposed diameter?
He said the overlay would be about 1/16" thick and wanted to know if that would be ok. I said yes and showed him photos of the trim on the top of the console the dial fits into. Explained to him how he cannot drop down any lower on the bottom edge than the current dial and the center has to remain open for the gear display. He wanted to know if he could make it taller and more stout and gave me examples but told him with the gear display in the center that would not look good and I cannot raise up that gear display. The manual button in the center pushes three plastic rods down into the control box pushing buttons on the control board. Not like you can really do anything with this control box to alter or modify it.

Sponsored

OP
OP
marklboris

marklboris

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase

16Kobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
Vehicle Showcase
Interest expressed and I'll second the emotion for clean and simple, gloss black.
KB, Bravo on the killer avatars....I come here partially just to see what you have come up with.

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
I come here partially just to see what you have come up with.
@16Kobra

<- We are both chuckling at your comment and I'm happy to read that I provide a valuable service. <smiling>

You know you can see all but the most recent avatars via the link in my signature, yes? And those are full-resolution. :-) They change pretty often so occasional visits will miss a few.

I'll do my best to keep 'em coming. <bigger grin>

16Kobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
Vehicle Showcase
@16Kobra

<- We are both chuckling at your comment and I'm happy to read that I provide a valuable service. <smiling>

You know you can see all but the most recent avatars via the link in my signature, yes? And those are full-resolution. :-) They change pretty often so occasional visits will miss a few.

I'll do my best to keep 'em coming. <bigger grin>
Thanks KB, just looked at all the avatars. Still amazing to me about photoshop. One day I will sit down and buy the program and learn it

Sponsored

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
One day I will sit down and buy the program and learn it
16: If that day ever arrives, be sure you have about..oh, ten years of free time available to watch YT tutorials. I never close the app. :-)

16Kobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
Vehicle Showcase
16: If that day ever arrives, be sure you have about..oh, ten years of free time available to watch YT tutorials. I never close the app. :-)
My daughter is good with PS and she told me that years ago. Might be why I never chose to use it back then.

VooDoo387R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R & 2020 GT500
Interest expressed.

Snoopy49

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Earl
Vehicle(s)
2013 GT500 - SOLD and 2020 GT500 - SOLD
I expressed interest in the gloss black version.

Mark, thanks for bring this to our attention and going out of your way to help make this possible.:clap:

OP
OP
marklboris

marklboris

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Hey Earl, no problem. I have been working with Kevin on sizing and different shapes but we have come to the conclusion to pretty much keep it as close to the original shape as possible. He also likes the plain black dial like I think many here do. He should be getting the dial on Friday or Monday so may come up with more ideas then.

This morning Kevin asked me if there were any other parts that needed to be improved on in the GT500 and I told him not that I would want to change. So far, he said 21 people have expressed interest in the dial overlay and he needs at least 50 but it has only been one day so I am pretty sure we will get there.
Sponsored