Sponsored

First wash

Lord Polymath

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Iconic Silver GT
Got my Mustang yesterday! (There will be pix). The dealership washed it so it is pretty clean but of course I want to wash/wax. I've driven a minivan for 10 years and occasionally washed it but never babied it. This car I want to baby, so I need some advice.

I was thinking:
1) wash using two buckets, dry with leaf blower and microfiber drying towel.
2) Apply Turtle Wax ICE Seal and Shine
3) Wax with Meguiars Ultimate Liquid Wax

I live in a small town and those supplies seem to be in stock at my local Walmart, and it why I chose them.

Is it correct to use the Seal and Shine and then apply wax afterwards?

What should I use on the black trim?

Any tips or suggestions?
Sponsored

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Congrats on getting your car early. Waiting on the pics!!

1) wash using two buckets, dry with leaf blower and microfiber drying towel.
Go with three buckets, all with grit guards. 1. Wash 2. Rinse 3. Wheels and tires. Make sure your microfibers are top quality. They are what creates the micro scratches. also get a good wash mitt and raise after every panel. Use a separate mitt for the bottom of the car and specialized tools for the wheels and tires.

2) Apply Turtle Wax ICE Seal and Shine
You might also want to check out some of the ceramic based products form Mothers and Meguiars depending on what your store has. I've heard the ice products are pretty good.

3) Wax with Meguiars Ultimate Liquid Wax
Not sure why you would do this. Sometimes different products do not work well together. Maybe just wait a few days and add an extra coating of ICE. Multiple layers of the same product should work nicely.

Is it correct to use the Seal and Shine and then apply wax afterwards?
If you are going to go this route, sealers first, waxes second.

What should I use on the black trim?
Walmart has both the Mothers and Meguiars. They are both good.

2868fff5-b427-4f6b-93df-94116a15cfb8_1.69f2cb506cf380f23cbc0737de3e03f5.jpg
5d26fe6e-8984-448c-bdd2-9e8e6bc847e3_1.91c09420a7b74190ac91ada2be8c06fc.jpg

OP
OP
Lord Polymath

Lord Polymath

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Iconic Silver GT
Congrats on getting your car early. Waiting on the pics!!
Thanks! And thanks for the reply. I posted some pics in my other thread: https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/just-bought-a-2020-gt.137175/page-2

I ended up only doing the Turtle Wax ICE Seal and Shine, it is an amazing product. One of the reasons I thought I might need to wax is that the S&S is so easy to apply.
I'm used to old school wax that was hard to apply, hard to get off, had to keep off black plastics, etc and the Seal and Shine is just so easy. One of my 9 year old boys helped me and it looks great.
I'll put on another coat in a few days.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Thanks! And thanks for the reply. I posted some pics in my other thread: https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/just-bought-a-2020-gt.137175/page-2

I ended up only doing the Turtle Wax ICE Seal and Shine, it is an amazing product. One of the reasons I thought I might need to wax is that the S&S is so easy to apply.
I'm used to old school wax that was hard to apply, hard to get off, had to keep off black plastics, etc and the Seal and Shine is just so easy. One of my 9 year old boys helped me and it looks great.
I'll put on another coat in a few days.
I saw your pics. I'm not a big silver fan but on your car it looks just amazing. Enjoy it.

traktrbeam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Oxford GT Premium PP1
Should not let the dealer wash your new car. Get it home, wash it, clay, and wax.

OP
OP
Lord Polymath

Lord Polymath

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Iconic Silver GT
Well I'm super impressed with the Turtle Wax Seal and Shine. Then today I saw a video pop up in my youtube suggestions from Pan The Organizer about the new Turtle Wax Hybrid Solutions products. They sound awesome. He says the Hybrid Solutions Ceramic Spray Coating is like Seal and Shine on steroids. It has UV protection and you can layer it.

Sponsored