Sponsored

Power bleeder cleaning (motiv products)

Caballito

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Base
Hi guys so i just flushed my brake system with rb600 like u guys recommended, now how doni clean the motiv products power bleeder? It calls for denatured alcohol but thats ilegal
Where i live any other ideas???
Sponsored

db252

Equinsu Ocha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT Premium/PP/Nav
Try isopropyl alcohol. Also in the future, don’t add fluid to the Motiv system. Add fluid to the master cylinder, add more as necessary before allowing air to get into the brake system, and use the Motiv as an air pressure pump only. This has allowed me to use it on many cars regardless of brake fluid type and never clean it. I’m aware that the design is made to add fluid to the Motiv but I’m giving you an option without ever having to clean it.

OP
OP

Caballito

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Base
Try isopropyl alcohol. Also in the future, don’t add fluid to the Motiv system. Add fluid to the master cylinder, add more as necessary before allowing air to get into the brake system, and use the Motiv as an air pressure pump only. This has allowed me to use it on many cars regardless of brake fluid type and never clean it. I’m aware that the design is made to add fluid to the Motiv but I’m giving you an option without ever having to clean it.
Huh thats interesting, well anything that can be done right and faster with less clean up is ok with me! So just standard isopropyl alcohol is fine? I called motiv
Products ans the gentlemen told me to put a lil simple green in the power and dry it out which i though was ofd because am sure simple
Green leaves some sort of residue behind right?

db252

Equinsu Ocha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT Premium/PP/Nav
It’s probably ok. I would hope their tech support would give good info. The Iso alcohol won’t hurt either.

OP
OP

Caballito

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Base
It’s probably ok. I would hope their tech support would give good info. The Iso alcohol won’t hurt either.
Guy at motiv products supposely tech support said to add a lil
Simple green to some water and flush it out and let dry.. not sure if am very comfortable with that, wouldn't simple green leave residue??

Sponsored