Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
I had a young guy trying to race me in my 2016 GT a few years back....It was a Saturday morning, very few cars on the road... he lined up and started revving.... I wanted to roll down my window and say... "kid, this just ain't happenin" but I had just tinted the windows and couldn't roll them down for 3 days... He took off like a bat out of hell and I just rolled slowly forward... 5 seconds later here comes the cops... with lights blaring.
I think I will just get a sign or something that I can pull out and display to them. Maybe something like: "Sorry no burn outs, racing, or showing off today" or "I'm 55 years old.. I'm over it already, leave me alone" :cwl:
Sponsored

honeybadger

Just don't care
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
I don’t know - I’m getting so tired of being trolled and harassed by kids when I drive mine that I’m actually thinking of selling it for that reason. I ran it about 4 mile to Lowe’s the other day and had two frcken idiot kids come roaring up on my quarter, roll their window down and start motioning to me to get on it or something. Ignored them but the kept harassing me for a mile os until I lost them in traffic. Like I’m going to get on a cold engine for their entertainment - not on their life. And then on the way back another damn Toyota starts following closely on my tail. I gradually started speeding up but the SOB stayed glued to my tail.

I had a Subaru WSX or something with a fart can do a 7000 rpm burnout next to me at a stop light. The idiot was slightly behind and next to me when I hear this loud shrieking like 100 cats being tortured, and I’m looking in my rear view mirror wondering what the hell that is when the light turns green and off to my left side this Subaru comes screeching by me with tires and engine and fart can muffler squealing at like 7000 rpm. I must have been very unsatisfying as I just sat their a couple of seconds and then slowly drove away.

I’ve had many instances of kids pulling up at lights and yelling at me to rev it up for them. A few times I’ve blipped the throttle for them but all that does is encourage them to yell louder, louder - at which time I just roll up the windows. Hell, I’ll be 69 in a few weeks - I enjoy cranking the throttle out on the open road now and then, but I out grew that show off crap a long time ago. I have a 427 Cobra and. 66 427 Vette and I don’t get all this crap in either of them. Guess they don’t know what they are.

I’m thinking of selling it and getting my wife a new car.

Well, I feel better now.
Sounds like you've forgotten what it's like to lust after cars that you can't get. Such a bummer. They're just looking for some fun.

I get this all the in the pits at the race track with HB. I usually put in the clutch, blip it once or twice, and go about my merry way giving them a thumbs up. Puts a smile on my face seeing how much they enjoy it.

chesster51

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Vehicle Showcase
I don’t know - I’m getting so tired of being trolled and harassed by kids when I drive mine that I’m actually thinking of selling it for that reason. I ran it about 4 mile to Lowe’s the other day and had two frcken idiot kids come roaring up on my quarter, roll their window down and start motioning to me to get on it or something. Ignored them but the kept harassing me for a mile os until I lost them in traffic. Like I’m going to get on a cold engine for their entertainment - not on their life. And then on the way back another damn Toyota starts following closely on my tail. I gradually started speeding up but the SOB stayed glued to my tail.

I had a Subaru WSX or something with a fart can do a 7000 rpm burnout next to me at a stop light. The idiot was slightly behind and next to me when I hear this loud shrieking like 100 cats being tortured, and I’m looking in my rear view mirror wondering what the hell that is when the light turns green and off to my left side this Subaru comes screeching by me with tires and engine and fart can muffler squealing at like 7000 rpm. I must have been very unsatisfying as I just sat their a couple of seconds and then slowly drove away.

I’ve had many instances of kids pulling up at lights and yelling at me to rev it up for them. A few times I’ve blipped the throttle for them but all that does is encourage them to yell louder, louder - at which time I just roll up the windows. Hell, I’ll be 69 in a few weeks - I enjoy cranking the throttle out on the open road now and then, but I out grew that show off crap a long time ago. I have a 427 Cobra and. 66 427 Vette and I don’t get all this crap in either of them. Guess they don’t know what they are.

I’m thinking of selling it and getting my wife a new car.

Well, I feel better now.
When you get ready to sell, let me know! I see you have an 03 Lightning also. I just sold my 03 to buy a Bullitt, somewhat regretting it. It was fully built and whippled and made 650/739 at the wheels, I miss it.

Dare2goBare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP Ruby Red Metallic
Just got my 350 2 days ago, but this used to happen to me all the time in my C7 Grand Sport.
The look on their face when they see a 66yr old guy behind the wheel is hysterical.
Oh... Your Old! I'm only 65....lol..lol.. I hear ya and love it, and even better when I see @Voo Doo get out of his Beautiful Bullett .

Ninjak

Posting from the Shadows
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2019 Harley Davidson F150 68 GTA
I have people asking me to hear the car...No problems. Just hit the clutch and give her a good blip. Not a big deal. In Miami you have all types of high end high HP cars. Hitting a bit is a part of life here. Heck I had a guy in a Ferrari Spider...a 20...tell me let me hear the exhaust !!! I bliped her, he bliped his, and we went on our mary way. Hell a cop even gave a thumbs up that saw it all go down. Lol As I said, its a Miami thing I guess.

Sponsored

datadatum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT350
My college buddy used to yell at old guys in sports cars, "I'm sorry about your penis!"

Now that I am an old guy, I may not race, but I give the kids a rev every time. :)

Purerock105

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350, 17 Raptor
I've gotten all of those experiences in the 350, HellCat and Corvette.

I bought my C5 in 1999. Age 30. I was always the youngest guy at events.

datadatum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT350
I bought my C5 in 1999. Age 30. I was always the youngest guy at events.
LOL - I bought my '05 STi at age 33 y/o, and I was always the oldest guy at events. Funny how the geese gaggle...

mrbillwot

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
'19 Kona Blue w/blk roof & blk stripes GT350, 89 LX5.0 Sedan (Mustangs Past: 69's Coupe, Mach 1, & GT)
I had a young guy trying to race me in my 2016 GT a few years back....It was a Saturday morning, very few cars on the road... he lined up and started revving.... I wanted to roll down my window and say... "kid, this just ain't happenin" but I had just tinted the windows and couldn't roll them down for 3 days... He took off like a bat out of hell and I just rolled slowly forward... 5 seconds later here comes the cops... with lights blaring.
I think I will just get a sign or something that I can pull out and display to them. Maybe something like: "Sorry no burn outs, racing, or showing off today" or "I'm 55 years old.. I'm over it already, leave me alone" :cwl:
Same, over it already & nothing to prove (go watch youtube kids).
Not fond of the tailgating up my gurney-flap - white vans & pickups attracted to the Kona MY19 like flies.
Its great to see interest - just don't get too close to me or do stupid things so we can all stay happy.

(Also 55 & entertaining myself with my GT350 not others - save me a sign).

Last edited:

dpAtlanta

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 (#K2503), 2017 Cayman
"...just don't get too close to me..."
Same here Bill... I don't get the tailgating.
One thing I have started doing, if the situation allows, gets the tailgaters off my bumper and really works.
People who tailgate have certain expectations as to what the car they are tailgating is going to do... they expect the typical brake check (not advisable), or they expect you to just start slowing down, or put the turn signal on, etc.
Here is what I have done if the traffic and roadway allow:
Wiggle the steering wheel quickly left-right-left-right until they back off... while staying in your lane and NOT slowing down!
You will need to add a touch more throttle since the wiggling naturally slows the vehicle.
They will back off the bumper because they have no idea what the hell is now going on... they are no longer in control of the situation they have created.
Once they back off........ stop the wiggling.
Repeat if necessary; so far I have NEVER had to repeat.

Last edited:

Sponsored

datadatum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT350
LOL at tailgating. When I was a teen, a grey-hair in a Cadillac taught me a "forever" lesson.

Me, the hot shot driver, thought I could "bully" the Cady to speed up by tailgating him. Nope. He brake-checked me instead. I can't say I stained my shorts, but I know the feeling...

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Same, over it already & nothing to prove (go watch youtube kids).
Not fond of the tailgating up my gurney-flap - white vans & pickups attracted to the Kona MY19 like flies.
Its great to see interest - just don't get too close to me or do stupid things so we can all stay happy.

(Also 55 & entertaining myself with my GT350 not others - save me a sign).
Thanks, I agree... all i want is to be safe and keep my 350 safe

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Same here Bill... I don't get the tailgating.
One thing I have started doing, if the situation allows, gets the tailgaters off my bumper and really works.
People who tailgate have certain expectations as to what the car they are tailgating is going to do... they expect the typical brake check (not advisable), or they expect you to just start slowing down, or put the turn signal on, etc.
Here is what I have done if the traffic and roadway allow:
Wiggle the steering wheel quickly left-right-left-right until they back off... while staying in your lane and NOT slowing down!
You will need to add a touch more throttle since the wiggling naturally slows the vehicle.
They will back off the bumper because they have no idea what the hell is now going on... they are no longer in control of the situation they have created.
Once they back off........ stop the wiggling.
Repeat if necessary; so far I have NEVER had to repeat.
Thanks will keep this in mind this summer.. be safe
Sponsored