Sponsored

Bleeding sequence on standard gt brakes

Caballito

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Base
Hi guys, i have a 2017 mustang gt with the base 4 pot brakes, can someone shed a light on what the sequense is?? RR,LR,RF,LF??? Thanx!
Sponsored

kent0464

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kent
Vehicle(s)
1983 Ford Ranger, 1986 SVO Mustang, 2017 Mustang GT PP, 2017 F150 3.5 Eco
Vehicle Showcase
Hi guys, i have a 2017 mustang gt with the base 4 pot brakes, can someone shed a light on what the sequense is?? RR,LR,RF,LF??? Thanx!

Furthest to closest always. Start at passenger rear, drivers rear, passenger front then finally drivers front.

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
Yep, start with side furthest away from the MC and move in. Passenger rear, driver rear, passenger front and finally driver front.

OP
OP

Caballito

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Base
Yep, start with side furthest away from the MC and move in. Passenger rear, driver rear, passenger front and finally driver front.
I see that theres two nipples in the front calipers do i start with the inside nipple first or outside?

Sponsored

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
I see that theres two nipples in the front calipers do i start with the inside nipple first or outside?
I forget. I think what I have done is outside then inside then outside again to double check things. I am not sure if this is correct, but it worked for me.

I believe I heard someone say to do that to ensure air doesn't get back in?

OP
OP

Caballito

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Base
I forget. I think what I have done is outside then inside then outside again to double check things. I am not sure if this is correct, but it worked for me.

I believe I heard someone say to do that to ensure air doesn't get back in?
Thanx guys! Now the clean up? Any ody know how to clean the motiv
Products power bleeder? I know it saya to use denatured alcohol but its ilegal where i live any other ideas??

OP
OP

Caballito

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Base
Soo, i read that the brake system has a capacity of 750ml But lets round it up
To 1000ml which is roughly 33oz. Call me crazy but if i were to bleed say 4oz on each nipple and twice in the front brakes that would flush the whole system out right??? Is it dumb logic or what do u guys think??

AZRap

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
The new fluid would mix with the old so it would actually take more fluid to flush it correctly. Also, it does not matter which caliper you start with if all the air is bled out correctly. Don't forget to cycle your parking brake when bleeding the rears to make sure all the air gets bled out.

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
Soo, i read that the brake system has a capacity of 750ml But lets round it up
To 1000ml which is roughly 33oz. Call me crazy but if i were to bleed say 4oz on each nipple and twice in the front brakes that would flush the whole system out right??? Is it dumb logic or what do u guys think??
It took me a little over a L to flush everything out. Make sure you do not let the fluid level in the MC get too low during the flush or you may have a problem later.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Caballito

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Base
It took me a little over a L to flush everything out. Make sure you do not let the fluid level in the MC get too low during the flush or you may have a problem later.
I used the power bleeder, it seemed to work pretty well i dumped a liter and a half in it pretty happy with the results

OP
OP

Caballito

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Base
The new fluid would mix with the old so it would actually take more fluid to flush it correctly. Also, it does not matter which caliper you start with if all the air is bled out correctly. Don't forget to cycle your parking brake when bleeding the rears to make sure all the air gets bled out.
Well thats true! I pumped 6oz thru each nipple which i think should be enough just by math stands that about liter and a half,

kent0464

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kent
Vehicle(s)
1983 Ford Ranger, 1986 SVO Mustang, 2017 Mustang GT PP, 2017 F150 3.5 Eco
Vehicle Showcase
?? Parking brake is a mechanical, cable operated system completely separate from the hydraulic brakes.

AZRap

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
?? Parking brake is a mechanical, cable operated system completely separate from the hydraulic brakes.
Our vehicle's parking brake is mechanical cable operated, correct but it uses the caliper to apply the brake. I have seen many times where there are air bubbles that get stuck and are released by cycling the parking brake whether it is mechanical or electric.
Sponsored