Sponsored

ETIS and Window Sticker Process

Lady Bee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY2020 Mustang Convertible 2.3L, VF Series II Commodore,
I've driven Fords before, but not for a long time.

Had a few different brands over the years. Favourite to date was a Holden Astra convertible. I know it wasn't a real Holden, being a re-badged Opel, but it was a great car. I think the Mustang will become my new favourite.
Sponsored

Melbnut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang gt
what a crap process.. You cant even track the damn car once its built. What happened to being able to find out what ship etc!!!!!?! Ford you suck

camelfarmer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hussain
Vehicle(s)
None
I just called Ford Australia with my NSC number to ask for my VIN, and they said I need to get the VIN from the dealer. When I asked the dealer before, they said that Ford Australia would send me email updates. The car was scheduled to be built in December, with an April ETA. Being that is the 31st of December and I haven't had an email yet, I thought I'd contact Ford Australia. I tried contacting them on FB messenger, but didn't get a response yet.
Not happy with all the chasing I've had to do so far, and I still don't know if the car has been built or not. The dealership is Peter Warren Ford in Warwick Farm, Sydney.
I will update this post if I get anywhere.

Sponsored

trumpeteer_au

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Graham
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rapid Red GT Auto
I just called Ford Australia with my NSC number to ask for my VIN, and they said I need to get the VIN from the dealer. When I asked the dealer before, they said that Ford Australia would send me email updates. The car was scheduled to be built in December, with an April ETA. Being that is the 31st of December and I haven't had an email yet, I thought I'd contact Ford Australia. I tried contacting them on FB messenger, but didn't get a response yet.
Not happy with all the chasing I've had to do so far, and I still don't know if the car has been built or not. The dealership is Peter Warren Ford in Warwick Farm, Sydney.
I can relate to your pain. The emails that Ford promised to send were almost non existent. They did send me one about 2 weeks after I took delivery to say that the car had been built and was on it's way.

They would be better not to promise anything than to leave us hanging.

camelfarmer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hussain
Vehicle(s)
None
I can relate to your pain. The emails that Ford promised to send were almost non existent. They did send me one about 2 weeks after I took delivery to say that the car had been built and was on it's way.

They would be better not to promise anything than to leave us hanging.
The FB people replied and said I had no VIN assigned yet. I've contacted the dealer to see if the ETA remains April. Ordered in September, so it's not the quickest.

trumpeteer_au

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Graham
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rapid Red GT Auto
The FB people replied and said I had no VIN assigned yet. I've contacted the dealer to see if the ETA remains April. Ordered in September, so it's not the quickest.
That is the hardest part, just waiting for your shiny new pony to arrive.

When I ordered mine they were quoting 18 months wait but when Ford US saw the demand they stepped up production for Aus and it came in 12 months.

Still no regrets, best car I've ever had.

Walt Kowalski

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DonaldTrumpFan
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT FB. 6M. Twister O. 2020 Conv GT 10A - MagnaRide, Twister O.
if you haven’t received an email from Ford Au, sounds
like you might be getting a Jan 21 build. Much better than Dec 20.

My 21 built cars are being built this months And arriving Qld April / May 21. Dealers can’t really help. They generally know less than us.

FB Ford Au has been a good way with my previous buys.

Walt Kowalski

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DonaldTrumpFan
Vehicle(s)
That means you will get 21 car! Yeah!

Sponsored

camelfarmer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hussain
Vehicle(s)
None
if you haven’t received an email from Ford Au, sounds
like you might be getting a Jan 21 build. Much better than Dec 20.

My 21 built cars are being built this months And arriving Qld April / May 21. Dealers can’t really help. They generally know less than us.

FB Ford Au has been a good way with my previous buys.
Got a VIN from the dealer. Dunno if it's a 20 build or 21.

Walt Kowalski

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DonaldTrumpFan
Vehicle(s)
Good news. On Friday there was no VIN. Monday you have one. Awesome. What colour? What Spec?

I was able to swap the color with the dealer on my 21 Fb 10A today. So obviously they haven’t started building 21 Australian spec cars yet.

Yours will be 20.

camelfarmer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hussain
Vehicle(s)
None
Good news. On Friday there was no VIN. Monday you have one. Awesome. What colour? What Spec?

I was able to swap the color with the dealer on my 21 Fb 10A today. So obviously they haven’t started building 21 Australian spec cars yet.

Yours will be 20.
Red with white stripes. Manual. Magneride is the only optional extra.

The VIN says its a 21. I don't care cause the plan is to keep it for a long time.

Walt Kowalski

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DonaldTrumpFan
Vehicle(s)
White stripes were no cost option?

camelfarmer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hussain
Vehicle(s)
None
White stripes were no cost option?
Yeah I was willing to pay for it, but the dealer said it was a no cost option even though it showed up as an extra on the configurator. I knew I wanted stripes cause one of the reasons I chose the car was because it looked like a toy car. So red with white stripes or blue with white stripes were the top choices.
Sponsored