New GT owner

Johnnyracer222

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Johnny
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GTPP 6 speed
Just picked up a black 2015 GT Premium 6 speed with Performance Package, only 19k miles and its awesome!

Would love some recommendations on speed shops in Boston North Shore that can install a Steeda Tri Ax Race shifter.

Also is there a 'goto' official Ford dealer? I've heard mention of Stoneham Ford in Stoneham, MA.

I plan on joining Mustangs of Mass as well.

Thanks!
Sponsored

Blue Moon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)
17 Ecoboost Perform Pack Std
I don't know about shops in Mass, but I've had great work done on mine by the Ripley & Fletcher dealership in Maine. That's about a 3 hour drive from Boston when traffic is flowing smoothly. They put my Steeda Triax in and did a great job. The service manager has a modded Fox body that he takes to the drag strip, so I feel like I'm in good hands when I'm there.

EFI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.Br0
Tasca in Rhode Island has a great performance department (separate from the main dealership), but that might be a bit of a hike for you.

Look on the FP website for participating FP affiliated dealers in the area, I think Stoneham Ford may be one of them.

OP
OP
Johnnyracer222

Johnnyracer222

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Johnny
Vehicle(s)
Thank you both!

I'm a long time Ford fan. I love the late 60's era, so I know the significance of TASCA Ford.

Les

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lester
Vehicle(s)
19 GT350-Ruby Red, 12 Roush RS3 Kona Blue, 33 Ford
Vehicle Showcase
Also is there a 'goto' official Ford dealer? I've heard mention of Stoneham Ford in Stoneham, MA.
I bought both my Roush and Shelby from Stoneham Ford. Had pulley and Roush tune done at Stoneham Ford.
Marc is the mechanic who worked on it, great guy. I’m very fussy and I trust this guy. If you do go to Stoneham Ford
make sure you ask for Marc you won’t be sorry!

Sponsored

OP
OP
Johnnyracer222

Johnnyracer222

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Johnny
Vehicle(s)
Thank you Les, I responded to the pm before seeing this :)

I took my Raptor to them, I was happy with the repair. The Mustang tho, I'm gonna be very picky!

EFI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.Br0
I bought both my Roush and Shelby from Stoneham Ford. Had pulley and Roush tune done at Stoneham Ford.
Marc is the mechanic who worked on it, great guy. I’m very fussy and I trust this guy. If you do go to Stoneham Ford
make sure you ask for Marc you won’t be sorry!
Les, does this guy/Stoneham Ford do other mods or just Roush stuff in general?

Les

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lester
Vehicle(s)
19 GT350-Ruby Red, 12 Roush RS3 Kona Blue, 33 Ford
Vehicle Showcase
Les, does this guy/Stoneham Ford do other mods or just Roush stuff in general?
I know he worked on other Mustangs that were not Roush’s. The extent of what he does I’m not sure. He owns a Whipple Supercharged Fox Body Mustang that he build. It wouldn’t hurt to call and ask.

nomorework

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Don't know if you decided on who will be working on your Mustang but I highly recommend Wakefield Automotive in Saugus, they are located at 64 Denver St and can help you out with anything you want done to your car. Also not far from Lynn.

OP
OP
Johnnyracer222

Johnnyracer222

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Johnny
Vehicle(s)
Thank you! I have not heard of them, but will certainly check them out.

My previous 'hot cars' have been a bunch of Porsches and Audi's. I'm a longtime customer with those cars @ Autobahn Performance in Peabody, MA. Oddly enough, driving by there on Friday I noticed a super beautiful blue CS/GT in their lot. I pull in and talk to them, they are now servicing American muscle! There was an old GTO getting a new LS swap with keyless entry and start, and all the modern tech. They showed me pics of the suspension work they did on the blue CS/GT out front.

Ok, I'm sold guys, I'll be buying my parts and bringing to Autobahn Performance
Sponsored