Photo Delivery Blog 2020 GT350R

FDHog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350, 2020 Ford Raptor
Wow, that has to be killer, 2 trips to the dealer and not even home yet... love the car, stripe delete makes it perfect.

funny story, drove through Roswell all the time back and forth from central Texas to SoCal. One drive me and my wife at the time totally lost 30mins.. don’t know wtf for. Maybe we both fell asleep as I was driving. But we were talking, it was quiet for what seems like seconds, next thing we know 30 mins later about 40 miles down the road we “woke up” lol. Still 20 years later don’t know wtf happened to us haha
Alien abduction.
How did your butt feel? LOL

FDHog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350, 2020 Ford Raptor
To the OP
Sure they'll figure it out, but it sucks, especially happening during such a great trip.
I drove through that area many many years ago.
Just curios, what tires did you put on?

OP
OP
Montoya

Montoya

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andre
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
in the 3rd to last picture, how did you get the car onto the flat bed without the tow hook (since the car wouldnt start)? sorry if it's a dumb question; i am sure i am missing something here very obvious...

beautiful R though
y

Per the manual you hook under the chassis just behind the front wheels on both sides and connect to the tow rope. Coming from other sports cars that all had tow hook points built into the bumper, I do find this a little odd.

To the OP
Sure they'll figure it out, but it sucks, especially happening during such a great trip.
I drove through that area many many years ago.
Just curios, what tires did you put on?
YES! Sucks because of all the added expense. My wife's flight changes are already costing me $400 because of the first delay. Let's hope for the best on this one.

Tires funny you should ask- Michelin and Continental. Both tires you presently cannot get a complete set because they are on nationwide back order. Because of my time constraints I chose to use Michelin fronts and Conti's rear. I didn't like the other full set tire choices- only options were Hankook and Yoko's.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Montoya

Montoya

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andre
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
Any updates? That sucks.

Motor seized - #6 cylinder spark plug damaged. New motor needed.

AGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH!!!!! (sob, sob)

Working on compensation for extra travel expenses... called Ford Performance they recommended getting the zone rep involved.

Vettel-ish

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350 (SOLD) 11 5.0 TRACK 17 Explorer 16 Fusion
Vehicle Showcase

Working on compensation for extra travel expenses... called Ford Performance they recommended getting the zone rep involved.
Thats awful, hopefully ford comes through for you.

lightrules

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes
Vehicle Showcase

you got to be kidding. I feel terrible for you man, I hope ford takes care of you.

CliffClavin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Van down by the river
That's awful. I hope it doesn't sour you too much on ownership and you have years of trouble free driving from here on out.

Johnnydarkgt350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350R, 91f150,Lexus GX460 , 1965 Mercury comet cyclone 4speed
Vehicle Showcase
Sooo sorry about your engine; there’s another post from our forum in a failure caused by a broken valve with a squished spark plug ? Is the same? I’m assuming you followed the breaking in procedure! What odo did it happen at ? Curious as I’m also a “ R” owner (2016) ! Thanks for this wonderful trip post

Sponsored

wproctor411

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 GT
Do you think the improperly installed wiring harness had anything to do with engine failure?

Stang65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 GT350 and 65 Fastback
Sorry to hear this. About to finalize deal on a 2019 GT350. Making me nervous now.

Evil_E

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R KR293
Are you F'ing kidding me. This is the second 2020 to post what appears on the surface so far to be a similar failure. I too am curious at what mileage it let go and how was break in performed since you were instantly on a road trip.

OP, really sorry to hear this. Your trip shouldn't have turned into this nightmare. I feel for you, big time.

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt, 2020 GT350R, 2020 Explorer ST
Sorry to hear about your outcome. Hopefully you will get back to running and have no further pain or problems. Keep us informed.
Sponsored