MagneRide vs PP1 Ride ?

13GetThere

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lynn
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium PP2 Magnet Grey
For anyone interested, Lebanon Ford in Ohio has a magnet grey Mustang GT with A10 transmission and magneride with active exhaust for about $40,000+, and a ingot silver Mustang GT PP2 with active exhaust for $39,000+.
I'm surprised they're still there.
Sponsored

rucus0101

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP1
I dont see one I would want. I wanted 401a,A10,PP1 +magna, safe and smart, B&O, and active exahust.

Sponsored

13GetThere

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lynn
Vehicle(s)
Guess you could just order a 2020, wait 6 months, and pay full retail, but you'd get just what you wanted.

2018GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I got really lucky. I found my MagneRide car with exact options and color I wanted used with 9k miles. Got it for a good price(at least I think so). I did have to drive 10 hours to go get it, but it was definitely worth it.

I was honestly amazed that someone checked all the boxes I would have if I ordered it new. That and a much cheaper price than when new.

I plan on keeping this car for a while and modding as I go.

draph

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT 6MT PP1
Guess you could just order a 2020, wait 6 months, and pay full retail, but you'd get just what you wanted.
If any dealer tells you ordering requires full retail, walk away. They get allocations throughout the year ordered to dealer's specified configuration. Making a configuration just the way you want it makes them a happy customer and guarantees them a sale of one of their upcoming allocations, whereas "lot cars" are configured based upon demand forecast and are a crap shoot for the dealer. By not listening and disincentivizing customers who want to order, they are doing a disservice to themselves because they can't see the trends in what customers really want.

DickR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ruby Red GTPP MagneRide 301A 10A and 1997 GT
All 7 of my Mustang purchases starting in 1969 have been special order. I've never paid full retail but also never paid less than invoice. It may be best to order relatively early in the model year before some options may "sell out" . My last two were "X-Plan" via https://mustang.org/about/benefits/ from a dealer who is also a friend. I don't know but "guess" that X-plan is better for the dealer than simply selling at or near invoice and may have allowed him to give me more for my trades. Any rebates, etc. which are active on the date of delivery still apply to special orders including X-Plan

MCA membership doesn't cost much and a "digital only" membership is even cheaper. However, it may take a few weeks before the membership card arrives which is required in order for the dealer to submit the order so plan ahead. X-plan is "roughly" invoice and fees are controlled by Ford and/or state law.

The hardest parts of special ordering are 1) The wait and 2) keeping the trade in good shape with minimal additional miles.

Sponsored

13GetThere

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lynn
Vehicle(s)
If I had ordered my car, it would have been either one of the Mustangs I listed at Lebanon Ford. Buying off the lot, I was able to get the "like to have" options with the Mustang I had to have.

torqued

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
My order was a no-haggle situation, the guy just told me up front they can't sell an ordered car for less than invoice. I went to the fleet department tho, unsure if the average salesman could order me one.

He told me about the MCA and X-plan and I joined for that but invoice turned out to be lower. Got all the rebates and middling value on my trade-in. I also had assumed ordering meant full retail, so I'm happy.

Decanes

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Premium Magnetic Metallic PP1 Magneride 401A manual Roush stage 2
Its very difficult to find a PP1 car with Magnaride on the lot. I was looking for a 401a / loaded / magnaride / 10a. Couldn't find one in Texas on a lot... Ended up having to put a steeda kit on my 2020 because the regular PP1 ride quality is total crap.

Decanes

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Premium Magnetic Metallic PP1 Magneride 401A manual Roush stage 2

Decanes

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
For anyone interested, Lebanon Ford in Ohio has a magnet grey Mustang GT with A10 transmission and magneride with active exhaust for about $40,000+, and a ingot silver Mustang GT PP2 with active exhaust for $39,000+.
I'm surprised they're still there.
Funny you said that because the page before this I was talking about Lebanon Ford
Sponsored