Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2018 Camaro 2SS (EU)
I have a feeling that, yes, the front end on this old Bullitt prototype will be shared across the non-Shelby line-up (Ecoboost/GT/Mach 1).

During the S550 run so far, the only models to get unique front and rear ends are the Shelby ones.

It'd be cool if the Mach 1 had a unique front end, but that seems extravagant for what will likely be a 2 model year run (given the most recent news that S650 is coming for the '23MY).

I wonder how long we have to wait. The first '20MY S550 was revealed around Mustang's birthday last year (April 17th) when they showed the new Ecoboost Hi-Performance model. Hopefully we'll get an introduction to Mach 1 in April of this year.
Yeah, having a unique frontend for the Mach 1 seems not reasonable. And we already saw a prototype that seemed to be the Mach 1 with all the added shelby parts and PP2 parts and the other frontend with the moved turnsignal unit.

Maybe the prototype we see here is the expected Hybrid model. With the new Focus RS becoming a hybrid and the Mustang hybrid most likely share the same engine, what we see here could be a "Mustang RS" or "Mustang ST" that then features the same design language that we see on other Ford ST/RS models.
Especially in europe Ford will have a really hard time to reach the EU Co² fleet values if they don't offer a Hybrid Mustang. The silver 10Y wheels that are offered in Europe since the 6th gen launched underscore a model that will come to Europe too.
Sponsored

spectremotorsports

Consultant
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wes
Vehicle(s)
"Emma" 17 GT/PP Grabber Blue/Black roof
Looking at those images closely, that front grille appears to be hiding the impression or outline of a Shelby Cobra emblem... maybe they just threw on a front cover onto a trashed Bullitt with an emblem that is in design stages and don’t want anyone to see it.
None of the existing Shelby Bumpers fit that style headlight...

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
I agree it does...........kinda....... look like a Cobra emblem could be behind there.......but if it is I reckon someone at Ford is just doing it for laughs.......or perhaps we're just seeing stuff that isn't there :cwl:

I agree, no current Shelby front bumper would work with the '18 headlamps.

What we really need are MORE SPY SHOTS :bandit::camera::bandit::camera::please::like:

spectremotorsports

Consultant
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wes
Vehicle(s)
"Emma" 17 GT/PP Grabber Blue/Black roof
I agree it does...........kinda....... look like a Cobra emblem could be behind there.......but if it is I reckon someone at Ford is just doing it for laughs.......or perhaps we're just seeing stuff that isn't there :cwl:

I agree, no current Shelby front bumper would work with the '18 headlamps.

What we really need are MORE SPY SHOTS :bandit::camera::bandit::camera::please::like:
When do they traditionally announce/show the next years model? It would be soon if this is supposed to be the 2021 right?
If the front bumper is aggressive enough and I can get that fighter jet grey, I'd be interested. Bonus points if they can bump up the infotainment screen size just a tad to a 10" screen

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
When do they traditionally announce/show the next years model? It would be soon if this is supposed to be the 2021 right?
If the front bumper is aggressive enough and I can get that fighter jet grey, I'd be interested. Bonus points if they can bump up the infotainment screen size just a tad to a 10" screen
Last year, Ford previewed the '20MY Ecoboost High Performance package around mid April (think it was just before Mustang's April 17th birthday).......so around a similar time I hope. Mind you, Ford has a busy year, with Bronco due to be shown in March (this month!) and Bronco Sport in April......and the new F150 at some point, too.

Sponsored

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost convertible
Vehicle Showcase
If everyone remembers watching A Faster Pony Dave Pericak showed us that they usually put things on the car under the camouflage to throw us off and putting a Cobra emblem on the car would be a good Ha Ha for them.

Alex1979

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang GT
It does look a lot like a cobra emblem, but maybe the retro tri bar emblem? I’m assuming this emblem will be on the Mach 1.

Biggus Dickus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
G
Vehicle(s)
Focus RS, Mustang GT, MME GTPE
Grrrr - still very pissed at Ford for not bringing the FoST, FiST and FoRS to the US. FU Hackett - chupa mi berga su hijo de puta.

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
A bit of a selfish post, considering there are clearly more important things to concern ourselves with around the world at the moment....................but I wonder if this Covid-19 issue will impact the launch of the '21MY.

Ford (and others) have already closed some manufacturing sites around the world,and I suspect its only a matter of time before FRAP may be impacted. Could this result in the '20MY having an extended run and, therefore, '21MY being pushed out?

Personally, I hope we still get news of some sort on Mustang's birthday (17th April). As a car enthusiast, the timing of this virus sucks! Spring is almost here and the weather is (slowly!) improving.......but Mustang meets and shows (certainly here in the UK) have either been cancelled or postponed for the foreseeable future. So, I need my online Mustang fix and right now that fix needs to be '21MY (and hopefully Mach 1) news :fingerscrossed:

Sponsored

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost convertible
Vehicle Showcase
A bit of a selfish post, considering there are clearly more important things to concern ourselves with around the world at the moment....................but I wonder if this Covid-19 issue will impact the launch of the '21MY.

Ford (and others) have already closed some manufacturing sites around the world,and I suspect its only a matter of time before FRAP may be impacted. Could this result in the '20MY having an extended run and, therefore, '21MY being pushed out?

Personally, I hope we still get news of some sort on Mustang's birthday (17th April). As a car enthusiast, the timing of this virus sucks! Spring is almost here and the weather is (slowly!) improving.......but Mustang meets and shows (certainly here in the UK) have either been cancelled or postponed for the foreseeable future. So, I need my online Mustang fix and right now that fix needs to be '21MY (and hopefully Mach 1) news :fingerscrossed:

Depending on how long Covid19 lock down lasts Ford could just start 2021 production early. Most of Ford's cars are carry over so no big deal there as far as Mustang goes it would depend on how fast the vendors can get up and running with the new facia and other refresh changes that may cause a late introduction of the Mach1. Bronco is the only car I can see hurting from the Covid19 shut down Ford probably hasn't even began tooling for the production of Bronco yet.

Sigma6

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
02’ 360, 06’ GT, 11’ GT500, 15’ 911, 17’ 350

100% spot on. I hopped on to a another forum and they’re loosing their minds over the production blackups of their c8s.

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
If we don't get new '21MY/Mach 1 prototype photographs posted tomorrow (March 24th) I'm going to sulk
Just picket the entrance and wave a vial of unmarked substance around yelling, "prototype pics or you guys get it". The response should be swift.
Sponsored