Sponsored

2020 GT500 Unscheduled/Material Hold or Clean Registry

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Like I said, training at Ford for specialty programs like this one is SERIOUSLY poor!
may well be so. But all this (gratuitous) contorted logic is supposed to be embedded into the ordering system database. ie. on INSERT into ORDERS should trigger a stored procedure that does all the silly allocation check nonsense and throw an exception and rollback the transaction and scream at the guy at the other end of the frontend.

What we have here is Corp IT not doing their damn job, or not being told of the kafka-esque ordering rube goldberg nonsense. There is zero rational reason to artificially constrain availability of certain options. If the Penske paintshop can only do 200 cars a year, then 'SELECT count(*) from Orders where Painted_stripes=1 > 200', then pop up dialog box, "you'll get your car in 18 months or even later. Do you want to wait or remove the option?" Sales agents are only good for bringing people coffee and snacks. Intelligence properly belongs in the backoffice database.
Sponsored

VERN

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
VERN
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT 500
may well be so. But all this (gratuitous) contorted logic is supposed to be embedded into the ordering system database. ie. on INSERT into ORDERS should trigger a stored procedure that does all the silly allocation check nonsense and throw an exception and rollback the transaction and scream at the guy at the other end of the frontend.

What we have here is Corp IT not doing their damn job, or not being told of the kafka-esque ordering rube goldberg nonsense. There is zero rational reason to artificially constrain availability of certain options. If the Penske paintshop can only do 200 cars a year, then 'SELECT count(*) from Orders where Painted_stripes=1 > 200', then pop up dialog box, "you'll get your car in 18 months or even later. Do you want to wait or remove the option?" Sales agents are only good for bringing people coffee and snacks. Intelligence properly belongs in the backoffice database.
I agree. The order can be validated at time of entryand the dealer should be able to tell us that. Right now we don't know how many valid orders are in the order bank or if quotas have been already exceeded. For us on material hold it may only be that we need to modify our order as you have stated. Again, there is no way to know that. Also I don't have any assurance from FORD that the dealer has a valid allocation. It would be helpful to know that. I am currently in that spot and have had opportunity since the order was placed to snatch up a couple of good deals that I have seen on various sites. The issue is do I give up my order (which is the exact way I want the car) for which I have no way of knowing is valid or bogus and hence might never be delivered or do I take the sure thing which might not satisfy me completely and cause some degree of inconvenience BUT at least a bird in hand is worth 2 in the bush. I feel your pain. I agree completely that it would not be difficult in our computer age to flag the orders which may be an issue instead of just leaving them unscheduled/material hold.and then find out at the end of the build you have no car. I still would not buy a corvette. Would never have a chevy in my garage.

Last edited:

Finch

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jon
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500(July 8 birthday), 2021 Ranger Tremor
I’m right with you Vern. I too have an order without confirmation of an actual allocation. Dealer has my down payment of 5k. It’s a leap of faith and all we can do is wait. These forums help me to see everyone’s thoughts and knowing we all are in it together. Good luck!

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
I was in the same boat as you all (ordered 8/6), and I received my car in early December, so hang in, your day will come.

Well, today I found a TO base on Fakebook that was identical to one a good friend had on order for months. It was even 5k less ADM. I sent him the link and he bought it today, saving 5k and getting out of the great unknown vortex of unscheduled, un-vinned GT500 hell.

May I suggest keeping your eyes open now that cars are delivering? You may find a car already built the way you want it, and jump on it.

Jaime

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Regretfully they can and did.
They had numerous reassurances from area Ford Sale Rep / Manager I’m writing and verbal stating they had the car and order.
When committed delivery kept pushing the thought was full payment would AG least get them to hold to last order submission promise and date.
Still awaiting response on the order. I will let you all know.
Hey Z06 C8 Vet will probably be next year.
No, I think you just put a very large deposit down is all you did. Good luck.

Sponsored

Just Plain Bill

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Teddy
Vehicle(s)
Sold - 2015 GT 50 th Anniversary

Poor IT getting bashed again :) the Business drives the process, not IT, that would be the tail wagging the dog.
So shame on Ford.

I Think this link goes a long way in explaining the Algorithm for users DORA to VIN.

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/th...-or-clean-registry.134668/page-8#post-2797926

JeremyPro5.0

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 & 2018 GT350R
Now my story is Ford Regional Sale Rep point their finger at the dealer. Dealer pointing back at Ford.

why should lifelong customer deal with any of it?
IT or manually done. If all Ford has is 500 or 760 or 1000 firm committed CFTP sets coming from their vendor at the only location in the world capable of making those parts, it really isn’t that hard to track those and communicate in a timely manner to their own personnel and the dealerships they license to sell the Ford Product.

There ain’t no way your telling me Ford didn’t know before vehicle launch in Feb last year, how many CFTP packages they already had on order or firmly committed from this vendor?

This is truly an embarrassment for not only Ford but American manufacturing. Maybe old man Ferrari had it right in the movie.
Specialty cars aren’t our schtick here in the grand old USA.

Sponsored

ChuckScherr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chuck
Vehicle(s)
1966 Mustang; (2) 2019 F250 Diesel Lariats; 2020 Shelby GT500 on order
Most happy for ya, Chuck and yes, I remember how hard it was to believe! <smile>

Hang tough, she'll be there before you know it.
Thank you KB. After waiting since July I think I can wait a few more weeks. No worries about having a legitimate build and I’ll have a full season to enjoy. I can’t wait for tonight; my boy asks me every Thursday when I pick him up if we got picked. I can’t wait to give him the email and have him read it. The only thing that could top this off is if she would just happen to roll off the line on his birthday 4/29. He’s already laid claim to buying it from me when he “gets really old like 16.”

OP
OP
Snoopy49

Snoopy49

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Earl
Vehicle(s)
2013 GT500 - SOLD and 2020 GT500 - SOLD
ATTENTION:
THERE WERE 117 NEW VINs ISSUED TODAY.
CALL YOUR DEALER AND SEE IF YOU ARE ONE OF THE LUCKY ONES.
GOOD LUCK

OP
OP
Snoopy49

Snoopy49

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Earl
Vehicle(s)
2013 GT500 - SOLD and 2020 GT500 - SOLD
Can’t believe I get to type this. Got my VIN. Last 4 are 2495. Scheduled for the week of April 20th.
Congratulations on the VIN. Welcome to the Scheduled List. Do you have a build date?

dsz blade

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' Mustang GT PP1
ATTENTION:
THERE WERE 117 NEW VINs ISSUED TODAY.
CALL YOUR DEALER AND SEE IF YOU ARE ONE OF THE LUCKY ONES.
GOOD LUCK
Do you happen to have an estimate on how many 500s are being built per week? Seems like they are issuing around 110-120 a week (or is it every two weeks) so just wondering if that follows about what is getting sent to the plant per week.
Sponsored