Sponsored

What is Ford thinking ?

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
It's not about styling, it adds a lot of surface area for the antennas. All the Dodges with high end electronics (XM, NAV, HD radio, etc) have them.

Yep. It's an industry standard. So what was Ford thinking? Oh idk...maybe offering a better service for you clowns who bitch about accouterments all the time. Keeping costs low by using a standardized packaging.

You people are getting just as bad as youtubers over your hyper dramatic complaints.

Spork3245

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium PP1 w/Magneride
Based on what has been reported Sync 4 should be available to those with version 3.3 and above. Right now we are still waiting for the official release of 3.4 so 4.0 could be a long way off. On the other hand maybe Ford is going to bypass 3.4 all together and go right to 4.0. Now wouldn’t that be fun?
Where did you read this? Sync4 is a completely different system, it is not a software update. Just like MyFordTouch/Sync2 vs Sync3.

thill444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 SS1LE (sold 18 GT350)
I think I have used my radio once since I picked up my car in November. I listen to Podcasts, Apple Music, etc through Carplay. That shark fin doesn't look right to me, on this body shape. But it is what it is.

Justin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2020 Grabber Lime GT Premium
don't count on it. Even if the underlying OS is the same (QNX) the memory footprint if not chipset is very likely different and not necessarily backwards compatible. Plus it's not exactly uncommon for the software guys to deliberately sabotage software with CPU HWID checks and to core on a mismatch.

I personally prefer the old, whip style.
Just read that it was compatible with 8" screens, so was hoping maybe they would be able to update the more recent Mustangs. Im more of a software guy, not a hardward guy but I get what you're saying. Wish Grabber Lime was going to stick around for another year or two, don't really want to choose between the new tech/refresh and the color I prefer the most. Maybe if i'm lucky we'll get some more 2021 info before order banks closed and I have to rely on the dealer lots.

Sponsored

geep81

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium
That is a horrifying antennae. My 2020 does not have this shark fin.

5.Oh Crush

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ra
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Glad mine didn't get that. Don't want to worry about bridge clearance signs and power lines.

Arthonon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Did a pre delivery inspection on a 2020 cs yesterday , and Ford has gone to this for there communication antenna. What the hell are they thinking !
20200226_054426.jpg
20200226_054449.jpg
AquamanWorksForMe.gif

Sponsored

Gbk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1
Where did you read this? Sync4 is a completely different system, it is not a software update. Just like MyFordTouch/Sync2 vs Sync3.
Sync 4 is not a different system!

Myfordtouch and sync 2 was built using Microsoft's Windows CE platform the same operating system that runs in your local bank's ATM machine.

Sync 3 and 4 are built on a platform made by Research in Motion (blackberry) called QNX. Aside from the user interface changes to adapt to larger displays there aren't huge differences between 3 and 4.

Judging from everything I've seen on sync 4 I highly doubt it will be available as an update at least not the full version of sync 4 which will probably require different hardware including a completely different APIM module. I don't think our current hardware is capable of wireless carplay or over the air full system updates.

Spork3245

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium PP1 w/Magneride
Sync 4 is not a different system!

Myfordtouch and sync 2 was built using Microsoft's Windows CE platform the same operating system that runs in your local bank's ATM machine.

Sync 3 and 4 are built on a platform made by Research in Motion (blackberry) called QNX. Aside from the user interface changes to adapt to larger displays there aren't huge differences between 3 and 4.

Judging from everything I've seen on sync 4 I highly doubt it will be available as an update at least not the full version of sync 4 which will probably require different hardware including a completely different APIM module. I don't think our current hardware is capable of wireless carplay or over the air full system updates.
I understand that they’re both running on a QNX platform, but that doesn’t mean there isn’t different hardware specs between the two. Sync1 and MyFordTouch/Sync2 both ran on said MS platform, they were not compatible with each other.
Sync1, 2, 3, 4 are not a software numbers, they are platforms, that is my point. It’s like a Playstation 3 vs a Playstation 4 (in layman terms).

Thegipper

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP1
Someone on the assembly line was pissed that day and that’s the end result... and QC doesn’t exist at Flatrock at all.
As much as I still love my 2020 GT PP1, I have had to take my 1 month old car to the dealer twice for 6 different issues. As of now, 5 got taken care of. The interior fit and finish, which I didn't include in the problem list, is really horrifying.

Andy13186

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT 10speed Aluminator Whippled
My 09 cts-v had a nice shark fin I do think the one on the mustang needs to look a bit more organic and rounded

DmrBXYh.jpg

lacanteen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2022 EB premium vert, 2013 Escape, 2017 F150 SC5.0
As long as we don't revert to this I'm good.
ACzSu9GaKLXYkOjHX2EG89OkFb088BWO5r9i-WpOxWiYIhxQH2l4jUs_8owKevryTnexbG1jqn-EOge4xWsqIp_C-JsiE-1K.jpg
Sponsored