Sponsored

Track Attack registration now open!

16Kobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
Vehicle Showcase
28/29APR here! Hot DAMN I'm excited to get to do this!

Being a rookie though, I was surprised by the cost. I too went with the insurance, Jaime and the video (that I think they should GIVE you since they're all recorded anyway.) I didn't ask for a breakdown but six bones was surprising, not that I GAS. :-)

I just can't imagine being on the track at CHARLOTTE, how cool is THAT?!

Maybe I can find a used NASCAR suit on eBay? ;-)
:crackup::crackup::crackup::crackup::crackup:

Charlotte is a cool track. Ran the Roval in my 350 last April.

Hope you ALL have a blast.
Sponsored

Sponsored

OP
OP
jwhite

jwhite

jwhite
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J. Brad
Vehicle(s)
15 Gt PP Roush SC'ed/16 GT 350 TrackPack 1970 Mach1
Just looking for options on the track insurance? $7500 deductible seems steep but a total loss of $80k I guess would be worse. Have any of you heard of someone actually wrecking a car??

16Kobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
Vehicle Showcase
Just looking for options on the track insurance? $7500 deductible seems steep but a total loss of $80k I guess would be worse. Have any of you heard of someone actually wrecking a car??
Not the 1st day, but buddy said when he went to Utah a few years back, a driver on the 2nd lap went off and did like 5K of damage.

Allegedly, the driver said ok, bill the insurance, paid the deductible and went and paid for another car and finished the day. This is the only one I have ever heard of.

OP
OP
jwhite

jwhite

jwhite
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J. Brad
Vehicle(s)
15 Gt PP Roush SC'ed/16 GT 350 TrackPack 1970 Mach1
I know it wouldnā€™t take much to incur $7500 damage on these cars, so Iā€™m really up in the air about adding the insurance. Iā€™m only doing the 500, not day 2. Iā€™m really only after the ins and outs of the 500. But on the other hand I plan on driving the SHā€T out of their car!! Lol

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
I know it wouldnā€™t take much to incur $7500 damage on these cars, so Iā€™m really up in the air about adding the insurance. Iā€™m only doing the 500, not day 2. Iā€™m really only after the ins and outs of the 500. But on the other hand I plan on driving the SHā€T out of their car!! Lol
For these exact reasons I opted to buy the insurance.........

Sponsored

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
5/31 date and insurance paid for. Let's go!

IceAge

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
GG
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT 500, 2022 GT500, 2020 GT Mustang, Raptor,
Just booked mine for June 13th and 14th its a weekend class and wanted my 16 year old daughter to come along. She is super excited and thought this is once in a lifetime Daddy Daughter experience which I will cherish and blessed to have this opportunity. I have never been to any of these and or raced any cars (besides back roads) just too busy working all my life. I am excited to have this opportunity and will look forward to meeting others who have been privileged to own the nicest Mustang in our lifetime. And I booked at the Hilton as per advised to do and damn when is June going to be here :)

The Chairman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜09 GT500KR & ā€˜16 GT350 Track Pack & ā€˜20 GT500 HP
For those attending the Track Attack, some local places to visit:
1. The new Mustang Museum (closed on Monday & Tuesdays): https://www.mustangownersmuseum.com/
2. The NASCAR Hall of Fame Museum (closed on Tuesdays):
https://www.nascarhall.com/plan-a-visit
3. TeamPenske appears to be open all week, but is about an hour away: https://www.teampenske.com/about/index.cfm/51991/Team_Penske_Facility
4. Roush Racing is close by and is open each day: http://www.roushfenway.com/faq/
I didnā€™t list the brand X & Y options....

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Just booked mine for June 13th and 14th its a weekend class and wanted my 16 year old daughter to come along. She is super excited and thought this is once in a lifetime Daddy Daughter experience which I will cherish and blessed to have this opportunity. I have never been to any of these and or raced any cars (besides back roads) just too busy working all my life. I am excited to have this opportunity and will look forward to meeting others who have been privileged to own the nicest Mustang in our lifetime. And I booked at the Hilton as per advised to do and damn when is June going to be here :)
Just be sure to register her as either a driving guest or a non driving guest. FYI, they do not allow unregistered guests.

Have fun!

The Chairman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜09 GT500KR & ā€˜16 GT350 Track Pack & ā€˜20 GT500 HP
Just be sure to register her as either a driving guest or a non driving guest. FYI, they do not allow unregistered guests.

Have fun!
Thereā€™s no ā€œDriving Guestā€ option now. Only non-driving.
Sponsored