bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
You must have good luck. Best I ever got was 5 passes at Atco. Granted it was a Friday night. 10 passes you got lucky on a great night. Also I am busting balls (theme of this thread) just wanted some mustangs to back me with all these hellcats.
Come down sometime on a Friday night this spring. We can kill as many kittys as you want. You can't throw a rock without hitting one. They are more of those than s550s.

OP
OP
Stymee

Stymee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Come down sometime on a Friday night this spring. We can kill as many kittys as you want. You can't throw a rock without hitting one. They are more of those than s550s.

Wow, it’s been a long time being there Friday’s, sounds interesting.

Years ago it was mobbed

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Worst night to go now are Tuesday’s. The gamblers eat up a lot of time. And since they pay more than test n tune guys. (Gambler=$50, TNT/grudge racers=$25) they get priority.

OP
OP
Stymee

Stymee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Worst night to go now are Tuesday’s. The gamblers eat up a lot of time. And since they pay more than test n tune guys. (Gambler=$50, TNT=$25) they get priority.

Yep, pretty much like that for yrs

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Yep, pretty much like that for yrs
Yep. I didn’t mind as much when I was bracket racing. Now waiting on the bracket racers drives me crazy.

Braski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Traded 2015 Blk GT Prem PP on 2019 Corvette GS 2LT M7
Vehicle Showcase
I just drove the 40 miles to home plus another 10 or so just messing around. Observations so far:

Drivability is as good as stock. Very smooth, perfect idle and no surging. In normal drive, gear changes are very smooth...as good or better than stock. The only thing different is that it does not shift into 10th until around 60 MPH.

I reset the fuel economy when I left the dealer. After driving 50 miles or so, fuel economy is as good as before according to the computer.

It is 38 degrees today. I do not think the IC pump has ever run. The coolant in the reservoir is cold. I hooked up my gauge and engine temp was 194 and IAT2 was 110. My tech told me that the pump would only run when needed. He also said that it would run more in track and drag modes. I need to test that.....

Acceleration seems to be adequate to keep up with traffic. Traction on cold pavement is not so good.

More comments tomorrow after I experiment a bit more.
The intercooler pump should be running all of the time your engine is running and even stay running for a brief time after shutting the engine off if temps are too high. Under normal driving conditions your IAT should only be a 10-30 degrees warmer than the ambient temperature. Yours being 72 degrees warmer tells me your pump is not running. Since you paid someone to do the install I suggest returning it to them to troubleshoot why the pump is not coming on.

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT premium A10 (SOLD)
The intercooler pump should be running all of the time your engine is running and even stay running for a brief time after shutting the engine off if temps are too high. Under normal driving conditions your IAT should only be a 10-30 degrees warmer than the ambient temperature. Yours being 72 degrees warmer tells me your pump is not running. Since you paid someone to do the install I suggest returning it to them to troubleshoot why the pump is not coming on.
I have been thinking the same thing.

Braski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I have been thinking the same thing.
Obviously I don't have a Roush kit but I'm still routing for you guys to have success with your purchase. I completely understand you guys with warranty concerns and that's why I stayed with my pp2 for as long as I did before deciding to go FI! I'd love to troubleshoot your car to see if it could be a recurring issue that is causing all the heat soak complaints. The 15-17 kits didn't have that issue so maybe it could be some kind of issue with the kit itself? There could be many reasons why that pump is not coming on but it shouldn't take too much time to narrow it down. If you decide to troubleshoot it yourself I'm sure we can figure it out!

Chainsaw

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Magnetic Gray A10, 401A, PP1.
You'll hardly see any coolant movement in the degas bottle. There is a bypass hose under the degas bottle. If you pinch off the hose under the degas bottle you can then see coolant movement through the degas bottle.

OP
OP
Stymee

Stymee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
You'll hardly see any coolant movement in the degas bottle. There is a bypass hose under the degas bottle. If you pinch off the hose under the degas bottle you can then see coolant movement through the degas bottle.

Exactly

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT premium A10 (SOLD)
The water in the degas bottle is cool to the touch. It is only 38 degrees here but I expected the water to be warmish?

Braski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
The water in the degas bottle is cool to the touch. It is only 38 degrees here but I expected the water to be warmish?
Yup, obviously with your high iat the pump is not running.