Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Again, the lights could well just be placeholders, Matt. I agree it'd be odd to downgrade from the current LEDs.

However, I really do wonder if this front end will be just for the Mach 1........or if it'll be shared with the Ecoboost/GT.

So, Mach 1 front end?
2021-new-bullitt-mustang-refresh-2-jpg.jpg

GT/Ecoboost front end ?
2021-mustang-gt-refresh-1-jpg.jpg
Sponsored

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
Try to look up PEMS (portable emission measurement system) :like:
Ok I looked it up. Looks nothing like PEMs.

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2018 Camaro 2SS (EU)
Here's my take on a rendering of this frontend. I guess they will streamline the frontends to look closer to Mach-E and Mach-E GT, but it's really a wild guess here what Ford is hiding here
2021MustangFrontend.jpg

CycloneRy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
_
I love when they camo out the mustang badge in the grill. I mean, maybe its the new Taurus? Reminds me of

obvious-gift-wrapping-fails-10.jpg

Sponsored

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra
I very much doubt that one's a 4-cylinder...........it's based on a Bullitt, so they wouldn't go to the bother of an engine swap. Don't let the twin pipes fool you......the prototypes always seem to have just twins (not quads).....apart from the recently seen "Mach 1"......and those quads where more like the GT500's than the GT's.

:like:
its not the pipes. It’s the height, the wheels, and the tires.

whatever this is, it doesn’t look to be in a performance tier.

and whatever aesthetic changes are likely to be seen throughout the eco and GT lines.

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra
Ford already said Bullitt is only a 2 year run. This is just an old pre-production Bullitt destined for the crusher that's currently being used as a mule for future stuff. I wouldn't count on the front bumper being a finished product either, it looks to have incandescent bulbs like GT350 and I highly doubt they'd do a downgrade from the LED turns they installed in the 2018s. My wild guess is maybe they're finally redesigning the front bumper of the GT350/500 to integrate the 2018 headlights. Seems like a totally different bumper design than the standard 2021 refresh.
The S550 seems to be doing 3 year refreshes.

so I’d not be surprised at all for the turn LEDs to change in style.

the bumper is probably dialed in by now in terms of design.

if any tweaks are needed, they’ll be minor.

looks like a 2021 coming right up.

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
Again, the lights could well just be placeholders, Matt. I agree it'd be odd to downgrade from the current LEDs.

However, I really do wonder if this front end will be just for the Mach 1........or if it'll be shared with the Ecoboost/GT.

So, Mach 1 front end?

GT/Ecoboost front end ?
Lets find the guy driving the cars. Looks like the same guy in both cars. He has a fun job

Sponsored

oneheadlite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT PP1 2008 Saturn Sky Redline

So, Mach 1 front end?

GT/Ecoboost front end ?
I bet that thing on top is a Pitot tube.
Just like on a Big 'ol jet airliner................:cwl:

draph

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT 6MT PP1
is it 20's or does that sit a little high..... like in AWD high? Hummmmm
Yeah, I considered this could be a mule for trying out the AWD Aviator Hybrid based drive train fitted to a Mustang-sized body/wheelbase: 494 horsepower and 630 lb.-ft. of torque in the Aviator before any mods for Mustang use. I just hope they'd spend the development dollars to offer an MT with AWD...but I'm jaded and won't expect it...and then won't buy it...I'd want to stick to the iconic V8, too.

Petter

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Petter
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mondeo (2009), Ford Fiesta (2011), Ford Transit (Camper Van), pre-ordered Mustang Mach-E
Our photographers just spied what could be a prototype of a refreshed Bullitt Mustang for the 2021 model year, although a few oddities keep this one a mystery for now.

The test vehicle is wearing what appears to be the Bullitt's signature Dark Highland Green paint color with a completely camouflaged front clip and heavy cladding over the grille, front bumper and extending to the intakes, suggesting major design changes for the front end. The car sits on large 19- or 20-inch wheels which seem to be silver versions of the current performance package 1 wheels. Out back, we see a covered up dovetail spoiler and dual exhaust test pipes.

Is this a 2021 Mustang Bullitt refresh or is Ford simply using this to test the upcoming refresh of the Mustang GT or other special variant (i.e. Mach 1)? Let us know what you think.

2021-New-Bullitt-Mustang-Refresh-1.jpg
2021-New-Bullitt-Mustang-Refresh-2.jpg
2021-New-Bullitt-Mustang-Refresh-3.jpg
2021-New-Bullitt-Mustang-Refresh-4.jpg
2021-New-Bullitt-Mustang-Refresh-5.jpg
2021-New-Bullitt-Mustang-Refresh-6.jpg
2021-New-Bullitt-Mustang-Refresh-7.jpg
2021-New-Bullitt-Mustang-Refresh-8.jpg
2021-New-Bullitt-Mustang-Refresh-9.jpg
An article about it here speculating that the car may be potential 2021 Ford Mustang Mach 1

https://fordauthority.com/2020/02/potential-2021-ford-mustang-mach-1-prototype-spied/

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
I have a feeling that, yes, the front end on this old Bullitt prototype will be shared across the non-Shelby line-up (Ecoboost/GT/Mach 1).

During the S550 run so far, the only models to get unique front and rear ends are the Shelby ones.

It'd be cool if the Mach 1 had a unique front end, but that seems extravagant for what will likely be a 2 model year run (given the most recent news that S650 is coming for the '23MY).

I wonder how long we have to wait. The first '20MY S550 was revealed around Mustang's birthday last year (April 17th) when they showed the new Ecoboost Hi-Performance model. Hopefully we'll get an introduction to Mach 1 in April of this year.
Sponsored