04lss

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT 6mt
Hi all,

Autox season is just around the corner and i want to add a swaybar to my setup. For the moment budget only allows 1 swaybar. I am not sure weather to go front or rear. Coming from FWD, and FWD bias AWD cars, my first inclination is to go for a rear sway bar, but this being a RWD car I am not so certain. It already loves to fling the back end around in the wet, sometimes without me intending to. (its pretty planted in the dry.)

Current setup:

Steeda Pro action adjustable struts, Steeda dual rate springs, Camber plates, rear subframe brace, bumpsteer kit, roll center lower kit, billet rear mounts. Subframe bushings (to be installed one day)

The car is totally planted in on ramps and turns, but it just doesnt have the nimbleness i want when changing direction like one would in a slalom, the steering response just inst what I want, the car still rolls a bit too much.

My GT is the non PP model, so i do not have a front Strut tower brace.
Sponsored

SteedaTech

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Q750
For Autox ,Steeda front bar, with plenty of neg camber with 0 toe up front.

Steeda Tech

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Agreed with the above: front bar

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
My GT is the non PP model, so i do not have a front Strut tower brace.
Strut tower braces do more for subjective feel, not so much for handling improvement. But if you're going to do this, do it with Ford's PP tower bracing.

Norm

Sponsored

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
You’d like to have /both/ bars, but I agree probably do the front first. A Ford GT350R rear bar might pair well with a 35mm adjustable front bar for your car. I’m using a Strano rear bar with Dual Rate steeda springs and a BMR front bar (which is comparable to the normal Steeda front bar), and its a pleasure to drive hard.

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
Here is a great video showcasing the front swaybar & the benefits for those looking for more information:

OP
OP

04lss

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT 6mt
You’d like to have /both/ bars, but I agree probably do the front first. A Ford GT350R rear bar might pair well with a 35mm adjustable front bar for your car. I’m using a Strano rear bar with Dual Rate steeda springs and a BMR front bar (which is comparable to the normal Steeda front bar), and its a pleasure to drive hard.
Thanks to Brian @ Steeda I was able to get both within my stretch budget!

I am really looking forward to tossing the thing through the slalom now. Its still sitting on the factory 235 tires, but it should feel mountains better than it did last summer when it was stock.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks to Brian @ Steeda I was able to get both within my stretch budget!

I am really looking forward to tossing the thing through the slalom now. Its still sitting on the factory 235 tires, but it should feel mountains better than it did last summer when it was stock.
I would not put the rear bar at a higher setting than full soft, and the front on at least medium. FYI some the quickest autocross cars this platform are running oem rear bars with stiff, adjustable fronts. Two bars also puts you out of F street and into STU or CAMC.

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
I would not put the rear bar at a higher setting than full soft, and the front on at least medium. FYI some the quickest autocross cars this platform are running oem rear bars with stiff, adjustable fronts. Two bars also puts you out of F street and into STU or CAMC.
He's already waaaaaay out of FS.

Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
OP
OP

04lss

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT 6mt
He's already waaaaaay out of FS.
I was talking with someone last night about classes, I am definitely going to end up in prepared for whatever class the stang is in. I doubt ill be competitive, but I always build my cars for i want them to feel more than being class specific.

All this said, i will probably thow the steeda bar on the softest setting and the front bar on full stiff. That rear seems like it would be easier to change, and if the car is too understeer happy, i can bump the rear up a bit.

Flyhalf

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Alessandro
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 18 10speed auto PP1 , GT500 '21
Just need the front sway bar. The strut bar doesn't do anything.
Steeda bmr eibach are all great products.
The rearbsway bar oem is good to have grip on turn exit. To hard tt will tend to oversteer.
Front sway barbibwould go medium set up (middle hole)

SteedaTech

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Q750
I was talking with someone last night about classes, I am definitely going to end up in prepared for whatever class the stang is in. I doubt ill be competitive, but I always build my cars for i want them to feel more than being class specific.

All this said, i will probably thow the steeda bar on the softest setting and the front bar on full stiff. That rear seems like it would be easier to change, and if the car is too understeer happy, i can bump the rear up a bit.
Front bar full soft and the rear also to get started
Steeda Tech

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
Front bar full soft and the rear also to get started
Steeda Tech
I agree with the above. Full stiff on the front bar will be too much. Try soft on front and rear, it will still be a significantly stiffer than your stock bars. Go as high as medium on the front bar if you want to dial for understeer.
Sponsored