Sponsored

OPG & CS Installation Poll -- Have you upgraded these parts?

Are you running boost on stock OPG / CS?

• Total voters

whatsup62

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP (Gone but not forgotten).
4 years boosted on stock OPGs and TS - Procharged. Started at 600rwhp and now at well over 800. I honestly believe that if you run good quality oil, no 2-step, don't bounce off of limiter, and don't consistently take it past 7500 rpm they will live 95% of the time.
With that all said I am about to turn this b@&ch up and push it to its limits - OPGs and TS, balancer, tensioner upgrades all coming in the next few weeks.
Sponsored

Gregory347

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT A10 PP1, 1987 Buick Grand National, 1985 Mustang
4 years boosted on stock OPGs and TS - Procharged. Started at 600rwhp and now at well over 800. I honestly believe that if you run good quality oil, no 2-step, don't bounce off of limiter, and don't consistently take it past 7500 rpm they will live 95% of the time.
With that all said I am about to turn this b@&ch up and push it to its limits - OPGs and TS, balancer, tensioner upgrades all coming in the next few weeks.
What oil do you use?

lwnslw

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I just picked up a Pro Charger and I have been debating on the OPG/TS since I decided to go boost. I have heard YES and NO on if they are needed. I feel at this point, its better to be safe so I will wait on installing the PC till my gears are done.
Also feel, clutch and axles are needed as well..... Its a trickle effect when upping your power levels.

As they say....power COST $$$$$$

wazslow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/CS
For a few hundred bucks and a Saturday in the garage, seems like cheap insurance to me. Obviously if you are paying someone for installation, that needs to be factored into your decision.

Sponsored

Cory S

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cory
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
If it isn’t broke. Don’t fix it. It’s always cheaper in the long run. (Human lifespan).

Bmaughan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
2015 procharged mustang gt
16k procharged miles w/stock opg and ts. At about 530whp. Now at about 700-730whp and I put in the boundary stuff. Since it’s a procharger and I have the 18’ intake high rpm is where it’s at...maybe not necessary but it’s really great feeling super confident on a pull to 8k that you’ll keep oil pressure.

Bmaughan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
2015 procharged mustang gt
For a few hundred bucks and a Saturday in the garage, seems like cheap insurance to me. Obviously if you are paying someone for installation, that needs to be factored into your decision.
Have you installed them? If you finished the job with FI element in one day, you’re the man!

wazslow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/CS
Have you installed them? If you finished the job with FI element in one day, you’re the man!
No, I haven't. I have them, a Fore triple pump return fuel system, and an Hellion Street Sleeper kit sitting in my basement waiting to go. I haven't bought the car yet, getting all my parts together first. I have watched a lot of videos on it and have worked on plenty of cars including my previous Coyotes. I don't see any reason OPG's can't be installed in one day. I did not mean OPG'S and a power adder in one day.

OP
OP
Joe 5.0

Joe 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP
Vehicle Showcase
16k procharged miles w/stock opg and ts. At about 530whp. Now at about 700-730whp and I put in the boundary stuff. Since it’s a procharger and I have the 18’ intake high rpm is where it’s at...maybe not necessary but it’s really great feeling super confident on a pull to 8k that you’ll keep oil pressure.
What do you consider "high rpm?" I have the '18 intake manifold too. My plan is to have the RPM limiter set at 8K (to avoid hitting it), but shift around 7400.

Sponsored

EFI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.Br0
I don't see any reason OPG's can't be installed in one day. I did not mean OPG'S and a power adder in one day.
They may be for experienced mechanics, not really something Joe Schmoe can do in his driveway as a fun weekend project. That's really the big determining factor in these...most people won't be able to do them and have to pay exuberant prices for labor, thus is not a simple cheap insurance.

5.0_SD

Village Idiot/Biermeister
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
17 GT Base Lightning Blue
^^^This. Watching videos and looking at write-ups it "looks" to be doable, but since I have never taken apart anything on any motor, I am hesitant due to the timing aspect, because I know if your off by just a little bit, it won'y work right. I really want to save the labor on this because everywhere I've called, it's not cheap.

OP
OP
Joe 5.0

Joe 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP
Vehicle Showcase
^^^This. Watching videos and looking at write-ups it "looks" to be doable, but since I have never taken apart anything on any motor, I am hesitant due to the timing aspect, because I know if your off by just a little bit, it won'y work right. I really want to save the labor on this because everywhere I've called, it's not cheap.
Exactly! It "doesn't look that bad" when watching an install video, but I don't have the mechanical experience to open up the motor, deal with timing, etc. What have you been quoted?

5.0_SD

Village Idiot/Biermeister
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
17 GT Base Lightning Blue
It depended who I called, I can't recall exactly, but many hundreds.

Vegas5OH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 5.0 PP
My car was boosted for a while on stock gears around 800 wheel. I did billet opg and sprocket about a year ago jus cause.
Sponsored