Sponsored

Engine oil

svttim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
I'm sticking with MC during my warranty period. Also note that I only put on 3,500 miles per yr and change oil once per yr.

I'm sure Amsoil is great oil though.
I'm using MC as well. I'm not selling anything but, we need to be accurate when we make statements about products
Sponsored

svttim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R

Sponsored

sZedely

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
I have been using the Motorcraft 5W-50 and ordering it from Rockauto.com. They seem to have the best price that I have found so far.
I plan on switching over to Amsoil on the next oil change due to better performance, per my own research. There will be slight price increase, but it should be worth it.
As far as warranty is concerned, as long as Ford sees that you have been maintaining your engine oil properly, then there is usually not going to be a problem. I have verified this with several service managers directly. But then again, there may be those instances where you get that one stickler...

Lurker_350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 - Tech
From Amsoil

. You have to remember there are marketing campaigns that often influence the language that is used on the bottles. In the case of the Signature Series lines of oils, these oils not only meet, but the exceed the API or OEM specifications we list for each particular product. Not only that, but our warranty backs the use of a product for an application if we make the claim that it is recommended for it. Use the Signature Series motor oils fully knowing they meet, satisfy and are recommended for the API or OEM spec we list for it.
Marketing campaigns? As in - internal to Amsoil that determines their product branding - or external that dictates what can be placed on the containers? Seems to me they should be as clear as possible to customers that the oils meet and/or exceed the stated specifications, rather than just recommending them for use in those applications.

This coming from a guy that has used Amsoil in a number of cars for the last couple decades. If the bottle doesn't say that it meets or exceeds, then I don't interpret that is what they meant to say.

Thanks for asking their tech support about the language. Not sure what their marketing team is thinking by removing clear, concise language that their product meets/exceeds the listed specs with an unclear statement that they recommend using it in certain applications. I could recommend running vegetable oil, but it certainly won't meet the Ford spec. Just seems weird to me.

Not sure why this bothers me, it just does :lipssealed:

JAJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Two quotes from the 2020 GT350 Owner's Supplement, page 52:

"Note: Oil must meet specification WSS-M2C931-C or use SAE 5W-50 oil that meet API SN requirements."

"Your engine has been designed to use engine oil that meets our specification or an equivalent engine oil of the recommended viscosity grade that meets API SN requirements for gasoline engines."

It seems that one of the BEST reasons to buy a new 2020 GT350 or GT350R is so you can run regular API SN oil without any worry about your warranty.

galaxy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
Two quotes from the 2020 GT350 Owner's Supplement, page 52:

"Note: Oil must meet specification WSS-M2C931-C or use SAE 5W-50 oil that meet API SN requirements."

"Your engine has been designed to use engine oil that meets our specification or an equivalent engine oil of the recommended viscosity grade that meets API SN requirements for gasoline engines."

It seems that one of the BEST reasons to buy a new 2020 GT350 or GT350R is so you can run regular API SN oil without any worry about your warranty.
I agree with that statement as it is surely written that way. Yup...gotta do your own homework and make educated decisions. Folks not comfortable with that should stick with MC. I however use Amsoil in every hole in every vehicle I own and I sleep like a baby at night. Have been doing such for about 20 years now. I get the argument about the specs and certifications and such, but the data is out there that more than supports Amsoil and what type of quality product it is.

FDHog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350, 2020 Ford Raptor
Just Got my 350 yesterday. Amsoil is already on the way. I've been using it in all my Ford trucks and performance cars without a hiccup for years. Mobil 1 didn't meet Chrysler spec for years, now it magically does.
My Harley shifted like crap until I switched over to Amsoil in the clutch and tranny.
These oil threads are pointless. People will use what they want.