LastV8

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
1993 Fox 306, 2020 301A PP2
Vehicle Showcase
Fortunately I have a confirmed order with a scheduled build date for the week of March 30th with my VIN ending in "551210".

With respect to the 2020 Canadian R model allocations it is still my understanding that there will only be 10 cars produced for this last model year and that no additional R model allocations will be given out because of the HEP option launch earlier this year.

Having said that I do not know if any one of the 10 R model lottery allocations which was drawn for the for ~42 SVT dealerships in Canada could now be changed over to the HEP option?

It is still my understanding that the 2020MY will be the last year for the GT350/R but have been wrong before when it comes to some of these issues.

Lastly, I came across a 2020 GT350 allocation that has been ordered with the HEP and is located in Eastern Canada and can be bought for MSRP for anyone interested.
Well, I'll have to give them a shout indeed then! :)

I thought about, but decided against (and never inquired further) on the HEP. I assume it's a order "check box" through the dealer?

I do hope over all that this is the last year for the 350R, 6 Years ('15-'20) is quite the run - least that is my vote. But I haven't heard otherwise either way.
Sponsored

L8APEX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT, '20 Raptor
Fortunately I have a confirmed order with a scheduled build date for the week of March 30th with my VIN ending in "551210".

With respect to the 2020 Canadian R model allocations it is still my understanding that there will only be 10 cars produced for this last model year and that no additional R model allocations will be given out because of the HEP option launch earlier this year.

Having said that I do not know if any one of the 10 R model lottery allocations which was drawn for the for ~42 SVT dealerships in Canada could now be changed over to the HEP option?

It is still my understanding that the 2020MY will be the last year for the GT350/R but have been wrong before when it comes to some of these issues.

Lastly, I came across a 2020 GT350 allocation that has been ordered with the HEP and is located in Eastern Canada and can be bought for MSRP for anyone interested.
Can the HEP be removed if no vin is assigned to it?

I heard of the lottery thing too from a dealer principle in ONtario.

LastV8

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase

No idea and my guess would be that you could. But that is just an opinion - no idea.

The "lottery" system is what I heard too, though that seems so nutty :/

OP
OP
PP0001

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)

All orders can be changed subject to a VIN and scheduled production date not being assigned and working closely with your dealership.

Yes, Ford of Canada had a lottery for the 10 cars in question therefore whatever SVT dealerships that got an allocation were very fortunate.

I checked with my contacts in Western Canada yesterday and their R model allocations went shortly after my original post therefore no chance of getting an R model allocation going forward.

The reason that I posted this thread was based on knowing that these 10 cars would go quickly and congrats to the few enthusiasts that got one.

L8APEX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT, '20 Raptor
All orders can be changed subject to a VIN and scheduled production date not being assigned and working closely with your dealership.

Yes, Ford of Canada had a lottery for the 10 cars in question therefore whatever SVT dealerships that got an allocation were very fortunate.

I checked with my contacts in Western Canada yesterday and their R model allocations went shortly after my original post therefore no chance of getting an R model allocation going forward.

The reason that I posted this thread was based on knowing that these 10 cars would go quickly and congrats to the few enthusiasts that got one.
Aw well. It doesn't seem I can find a CFTP at MSRP(or near), so I will probably end up with a Black Viper TA. 1 of 33 in black and the only 1 delivered to Canada.

It will look identical to this:

16358080355_3325a66487_b.jpg

16385454125_f6453e8f67_b.jpg

15763001894_71c31256c1_b.jpg

I still think it is crazy that the Viper TA had an MSRP that was 15k cheaper than the CFTP GT500 in Canada!

Sponsored

LastV8

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Call FP with your Order # and Dealer Code # after which time they should be able to confirm and locate your order and provide you with the present status of your car.
Tried calling yesterday, gave dealer and order number... They couldn't tell me anything save for that the VIN# will be sent to me from my dealer. Thoughts? :/ cause yeah, no build date or VIN# yet.

OP
OP
PP0001

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
Tried calling yesterday, gave dealer and order number... They couldn't tell me anything save for that the VIN# will be sent to me from my dealer. Thoughts? :/ cause yeah, no build date or VIN# yet.
I assume that your car is "Unscheduled Material Hold" and if that is indeed the case then a VIN cannot be assigned and even when a VIN is assigned to your car FP cannot provide you with the VIN and only your dealership can provide you with a VIN.

What exactly did FP tell you about the build status for your car?

LastV8

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I assume that your car is "Unscheduled Material Hold" and if that is indeed the case then a VIN cannot be assigned and even when a VIN is assigned to your car FP cannot provide you with the VIN and only your dealership can provide you with a VIN.

NAILED it. That is the exact status "Unscheduled Material Hold". Ford (not sure if I did talk to a FP rep directly) but they said Vin# will be given to the dealer, then to me.

L8APEX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT, '20 Raptor
@PP0001 any luck locating a dealer that has a CFTP for a small markup(or none) in Canada?

I wanted to give that a shot before pulling the trigger on the TA

OP
OP
PP0001

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
@PP0001 any luck locating a dealer that has a CFTP for a small markup(or none) in Canada?

I wanted to give that a shot before pulling the trigger on the TA
Unfortunately each SVT dealership in Canada only got 2 CFTP car allocations with each vehicle going very quickly along with each dealership now having a fairly long wait list.

One individual in Western Canada tried to purchase both CFTP cars from his dealership but they limited him to just 1 car with the other CFTP car going to another enthusiast.

The CFTP cars that I was offered last Fall went shortly after my original September 9th thread listing.

Sponsored

L8APEX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT, '20 Raptor
Unfortunately each SVT dealership in Canada only got 2 CFTP car allocations with each vehicle going very quickly along with each dealership now having a fairly long wait list.

One individual in Western Canada tried to purchase both CFTP cars from his dealership but they limited him to just 1 car with the other CFTP car going to another enthusiast.

The CFTP cars that I was offered last Fall went shortly after my original September 9th thread listing.
Ah, fair enough. I was offered one but it was at a 50k markup. I don't see them selling it any time soon with an OTD price of 180k before tax.

Looks like I will be going Viper :)

And also, I did email every single SVT dealer in QC and the Atlantic. Their GT350R allocations are gone too. So there are truly no more left. Hopefully there will be a 2022MY, but who knows.

OP
OP
PP0001

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
Ah, fair enough. I was offered one but it was at a 50k markup. I don't see them selling it any time soon with an OTD price of 180k before tax.

Looks like I will be going Viper :)

And also, I did email every single SVT dealer in QC and the Atlantic. Their GT350R allocations are gone too. So there are truly no more left. Hopefully there will be a 2022MY, but who knows.
Sorry to hear all that.

The cars that were offered to me were with ADM's of $5K for the R model and $15K for the CFTP car.

With supposedly only 10 R models for Canada for this last year I suggest that might have been a good buy.

Good luck going forward!

LastV8

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase

Anyone else you know of with the same problem? What exactly does it mean? (though yeah, it's pretty self explanatory). I was told a VIN# by Jan, Build date in March, delivery in May...

LastV8

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase

SO - I finally got a VIN# and a build date of May 4th. However, I am concerned on many fronts. The GT500 tracking from beginning to end was built 70 DAYS after the first build date was issued... and then spent 44 days in transit. May 4th + 70 + 44 puts it to Aug 24th for delivery and FUCK did I not sign up for that. :/

That is pre- Covid-19 slowing things down too. Not sure if I'll be delayed in production or not, but I am double thinking my choice for, well, for reasons.

With a VIN# though, is it possible to sign up (atleast) for the Track day? Though, travel right now is hella restricted...

OP
OP
PP0001

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
Got a message from a friend at a Western Canada Ford dealership yesterday and they have an allocation for a 2020 GT350 HEP car and will sell it for MSRP.

This Heritage Edition Package GT350 comes equipped with the Technology Package, Handling Package, Exposed CF I/P and Car Cover.

Anyone interested please PM me your contact information and we can go from there.

PS: Their 3 CFTP cars are all sold and spoken for.

:)
Sponsored

Last edited: