Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2018 Camaro 2SS (EU)
I will be very surprised if this latest front end is just for the Mach 1. I figured it would share the same basic front end with the GT/EcoBoost. It’d be cool if it has unique front end though.

If that IS the case though, does that mean there are no changes for the GT/EcoBoost?

Typical Ford - more questions than answers
My best guess would be, that if it's true that the Mach 1 will replace the GT350 they wanted to make the Mach 1 bumper look more like the beloved GT350 style. But the 10Y wheels make no sense on the Mach 1.

I also have somehow the feeling that the padding on the previously spotted were fake to let it look like still has the triangles. The base models (Ecoboost + Hybrid?) could have more of a Mach-E style bumper:

facelift2_no2-jpg.jpg

No matter what this is, to me this is definitely the ultimate 6th gen face: GT350 style bumper, but the modern headlights. Just like it should have been from MY2018
Sponsored

YoloBathsalts

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT - PP1
My best guess would be, that if it's true that the Mach 1 will replace the GT350 they wanted to make the Mach 1 bumper look more like the beloved GT350 style. But the 10Y wheels make no sense on the Mach 1.

I also have somehow the feeling that the padding on the previously spotted were fake to let it look like still has the triangles. The base models (Ecoboost + Hybrid?) could have more of a Mach-E style bumper:

facelift2_no2-jpg.jpg

No matter what this is, to me this is definitely the ultimate 6th gen face: GT350 style bumper, but the modern headlights. Just like it should have been from MY2018
Fantastic rendering. The turn indicator placement seems a little off with the rest of the design language but this is absolutely awesome.
You should send a resume to ford buddy.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Our photographers just spied
some winos equipped with "disposable" cameras?
suggesting major design changes for the front end
Talk about reaching. And I think we can disagree on the definition of 'major'. Putting the orange blinkers into the headlights is where they should have been in the first place.

The rear tire is a 275. I'm glad the silver wheels are back. The black is just hideous.

Typical Ford - more questions than answers
When did shots of test cars become a useful indicator of anything?

Mountain376

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Camaro SS 1LE, '16 Camaro SS, '12 Mustang GT
Here's a comparison to the known Bullitt and GT350
2021spied_gt350.jpg
I think I may be wrong from the last speculation I had on this car: it looks like Ford is doing some changes to the 2018-20 front fascia to, likely, incorporate some kind of cooling. If you look real close at these recent spy shots, you can see two things: 1. there is a larger opening at the lower sides with, seemingly, some kind of grille-looking stuff and 2. the angle of the "fang" at the lower sides is completely different than the 2018-20 fascia.

Now, whether this is a special edition (i.e. "Mach 1" or new "PP2")? Probably, but we'll see. The NY auto show is coming soon and, following that, there is Detroit (which follows the Detroit GP now).
quest.JPG

Sponsored

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
i'm digging those tailpipes (haha). Wonder what engine they put in it?

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
IMO, the statements made in initial post are “reaching” and the photo just shows a defunct Bullitt (probably a Ford RAV Buy Back or one of the now retired former show circuit pre-production units).

Ford isn’t going to put out another Bullitt in 2021.

As others have pointed out you can search online on eBay, cargurs, carvana, cars.com, etc etc - new leftovers and brand new Bullitts are rotting on Dealer lots. Ford’s extension to produce the Bullitt for 2 years was a mistake. They should have kept production capped to a 1-year limited run like they did with prior Bullitts.

The hype is over for the Bullitt.

——

Looking at those images closely, that front grille appears to be hiding the impression or outline of a Shelby Cobra emblem... maybe they just threw on a front cover onto a trashed Bullitt with an emblem that is in design stages and don’t want anyone to see it.

LOL

These mules could have anything hidden under the hood or inside the car - just because there’s a camo S550 running around doesn’t even mean it’s current prototype either; it could be a prior model slapped together with parts bin parts as a driver so the Engineers can test other things.

I mean to even camo the rear end - when there’s nothing really different to see that blatantly stands out - move along...

The spy photog needs to follow it, let it park - then run up and get some detailed inside shots, snap an image of the VIN and get closer shots of all the decals stuck all over the exterior... Time to call in the TMZ photogs to get the job done.

MACH 1? Eh, maybe...

Maybe they were just driving that scuffed up Bullitt to the crusher. :crackup:

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra
Honestly just looks like an eco boost refresh to me. Perhaps with some suspension and wheel/tire package.

Hi-PO Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Shelby GT500
Font end designed to improve cooling ? More horsepower creates a need for better cooling. Yahoo ! More horsepower for the GT!

Sponsored

sebounet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 conv gt auto, var exhaust,shaker, safety pack
I think it s a 4 cylinders engine

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
I very much doubt that one's a 4-cylinder...........it's based on a Bullitt, so they wouldn't go to the bother of an engine swap. Don't let the twin pipes fool you......the prototypes always seem to have just twins (not quads).....apart from the recently seen "Mach 1"......and those quads where more like the GT500's than the GT's.

:like:

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
Ford already said Bullitt is only a 2 year run. This is just an old pre-production Bullitt destined for the crusher that's currently being used as a mule for future stuff. I wouldn't count on the front bumper being a finished product either, it looks to have incandescent bulbs like GT350 and I highly doubt they'd do a downgrade from the LED turns they installed in the 2018s. My wild guess is maybe they're finally redesigning the front bumper of the GT350/500 to integrate the 2018 headlights. Seems like a totally different bumper design than the standard 2021 refresh.
Sponsored