Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 & 2018 GT350R
Very glad you have such a positive attitude, Jeremy. Hang in there, I know there's light at the end of the tunnel.
thanks.
It always easy to dwell on the bad stuff.
We all have positives we can find and should concentrate on or life will truly be too short.
Play money and cars are aren’t an issue looking at the big picture.
Sponsored

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Regretfully its now too late to find a dealer and an area Ford Sales Rep who have an allocation left and will match pricing.
So I do think it will come down to the lawyers figuring it out, unless of course they make it happen and honor their contract. Tough though when dealer and FORD Rep wont return a call, text or email.
And they still have $100K of my money for a car they now state they wont sell me.
A ford dealer cannot sell a car they do not possess yet. They can take a deposit for an order, but cannot sell a car unless it is on their lot.

Call ford customer service. They flat out cannot do that.

JeremyPro5.0

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 & 2018 GT350R
Regretfully they can and did.
They had numerous reassurances from area Ford Sale Rep / Manager I’m writing and verbal stating they had the car and order.
When committed delivery kept pushing the thought was full payment would AG least get them to hold to last order submission promise and date.
Still awaiting response on the order. I will let you all know.
Hey Z06 C8 Vet will probably be next year.

VERN

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
VERN
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT 500
A ford dealer cannot sell a car they do not possess yet. They can take a deposit for an order, but cannot sell a car unless it is on their lot.

Call ford customer service. They flat out cannot do that.
I feel bad for you man.I would think they should refund your money. They cant take money for a product not delivered. Unfortunately my life experience has shown me the lawyers are the only winners. I will pray for justice in this situation. We will all face judgement in the end. Take faith in Tomsters advice

ReliantG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Geoff
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Ordered: 02/22/2022
Auburn, CA
Base, Twister Orange, White Stripes, Tech Package, Handling Package, CF Instrument Panel

Sponsored

VERN

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
VERN
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT 500
Regretfully they can and did.
They had numerous reassurances from area Ford Sale Rep / Manager I’m writing and verbal stating they had the car and order.
When committed delivery kept pushing the thought was full payment would AG least get them to hold to last order submission promise and date.
Still awaiting response on the order. I will let you all know.
Hey Z06 C8 Vet will probably be next year.
keep the faith brother you dont want a corvette

OP
OP
Snoopy49

Snoopy49

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Earl
Vehicle(s)
2013 GT500 - SOLD and 2020 GT500 - SOLD
Status Update:

Congratulations Allen :dance::dance::dance::dance:

@AMBJR - VIN Issued: 02/20/2020

tenor.gif
tenor.gif

Mustang Ranch

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
RG
Vehicle(s)
2-2020 GT 500
Ordered:01/17/2020
Order# G001
Sweetwater TX
1) Base Magnetic
All options
w/ OTT and side stripes

Ordered: 01/21/2020
Order # 5693
Abilene TX
2) Oxford White
All options
w/ OTT and side stripes

chocoblox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP
Ordered: 10/5/19
Sulphur Springs, TX
Base, Twister Orange, Carbon Fiber IP, Tech Package.

Thanks for all you do!

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
I've been kinda staying away because the daily checking turned into 3-10 times a day....but without reading a ton of these threads - can I assume that CFTP cars are still not getting produced? How about VIN#?s Anything?

Thanks guys and congrats to those with cars that are moving along!

Sponsored

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
I've been kinda staying away because the daily checking turned into 3-10 times a day....but without reading a ton of these threads - can I assume that CFTP cars are still not getting produced? How about VIN#?s Anything?

Thanks guys and congrats to those with cars that are moving along!
Jeff,

Call FP with your order#/dealer code. They will know if you have a VIN.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
can I assume that CFTP cars are still not getting produced?
One passed me on a car carrier this morning on it's way to Leesburg or Winchester VA. Orange. Covered in rain and road spooge for the best possible paint condition, of course.

JeremyPro5.0

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 & 2018 GT350R
keep the faith brother you dont want a corvette
Vettes are cool, at least American Made fun.

Sounds more and more like this one may end up making the lawyers richer. Ford truly screwed the pooch and by the sound of some of these other posts, I don't think I am alone.
Region sales reps working directly for Ford seem to have no clue how this program works until on a one by one basis they are given the lesson they should have been given before telling dealers they were ok to order a specialty vehicle.
Regrettably the one by one basis is from an upset customer who has a promise and no car and a regional rep who needs to have a sit-down with the order scheduling people to tell them "Who said they could get a GT500 or a Golden Ticket GT500?", the next line probably being "Why the hell did you tell them they could get one of these!!!!".

Vettes are cool and they are growing on me the longer Ford screws up a contractual commitment to a lifelong blue oval guy.

OP
OP
Snoopy49

Snoopy49

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Earl
Vehicle(s)
2013 GT500 - SOLD and 2020 GT500 - SOLD
"Why the hell did you tell them they could get one of these!!!!".
The problem is, no one told them they could get a car without an allocation and the ordering system isn't smart enough to ask for one or check for one. The Reps only seem to step in if the order can't be built as ordered. The allocation only comes up when the order is being review for production, going from Unscheduled/Material Hold to Unscheduled/Clean.

JeremyPro5.0

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 & 2018 GT350R
The problem is, no one told them they could get a car without an allocation and the ordering system isn't smart enough to ask for one or check for one. The Reps only seem to step in if the order can't be built as ordered. The allocation only comes up when the order is being review for production, going from Unscheduled/Material Hold to Unscheduled/Clean.

Snoopy, I have emails and texts that dispute the claim you are making.
Ford Regional Sale Rep / Manager did EXACTLY that. Confirming dealer could have the car and the delivery should be in a window of time from the date of the email.
Like I said, training at Ford for specialty programs like this one is SERIOUSLY poor!
Sponsored