Stymee

Stymee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Does it even get over 80 in MN? If it does just race at night and bring your crew for pushing you to the start line.

Or go to a rental with 15 cars and park up by the starting line :rockon:

MiDiablo

#JustA4Banger
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP 400A 10R80 RTR Spec 5 Widebody
Vehicle Showcase
Roush came out with the warrantied phase 2.. (p2) which is just the LTR that you have and an upgraded tune...
Gotcha, yeah as far as I know, and how it was told to me, this is the larger LTR. I don't have the "smaller" one to compare/confirm though. Partly the drawback to buying second hand equipment!

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT premium A10 (SOLD)
Does it even get over 80 in MN? If it does just race at night and bring your crew for pushing you to the start line.
We quite often see 90s or higher but I typically do not go to the track when it is that hot. We do have high humidity even when it is the the high 70s - low 80s. DA at my tracks are often over 2000 in the summer. I will not be shocked to see issues with heat. If it is as bad as MiDiablo experienced, I will do an ice tank.

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
We quite often see 90s or higher but I typically do not go to the track when it is that hot. We do have high humidity even when it is the the high 70s - low 80s. DA at my tracks are often over 2000 in the summer. I will not be shocked to see issues with heat. If it is as bad as MiDiablo experienced, I will do an ice tank.
lol, I know I'm just trolling you guys. His heatsoak is even more extreme than the canned tunes are showing in AZ. I'd say he needs a tune revision. Can't remember who the poster was but he hot lapped his just recently like 5 times with either vmp or pbd.

OP
OP
Stymee

Stymee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Pretty much my answer too, It can get hot in Pa in the summer. Me race in heat, never did, never will but the ice tank will eventually find its way to my trunk :blush:

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
I have seen 4 tenths and 4 MPH difference between 2500 and 1000 DA with my NA Mustang. I do go to the track many weeks throughout the summer but not when it is ungodly hot.

JasinEdward

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2015 5.0 Roush Stage 1
lol, I know I'm just trolling you guys. His heatsoak is even more extreme than the canned tunes are showing in AZ. I'd say he needs a tune revision. Can't remember who the poster was but he hot lapped his just recently like 5 times with either vmp or pbd.
That was me with the VMP tune.... problem was that there just wasn't a quick way to cool the car... Even after it sat for an hour with the hood up.... I was in 50 degree weather too.... Once I do the triple pass and ice tank I'll get back to the test and tune nights to see what I can do. I think if I knock that 1.7 60' to a 1.5 I'll see a 10.4 or a 10.5....

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
That was me with the VMP tune.... problem was that there just wasn't a quick way to cool the car... Even after it sat for an hour with the hood up.... I was in 50 degree weather too.... Once I do the triple pass and ice tank I'll get back to the test and tune nights to see what I can do. I think if I knock that 1.7 60' to a 1.5 I'll see a 10.4 or a 10.5....
80's is certainly different than 50's.. I don't think you will have any problem with mid 10's

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
This is my favorite track to run....Brainerd International Raceway. They have Wednesday night street legal drags. Maybe all the lakes and ponds around there is why it is always so humid.

upload_2020-2-24_9-52-41.png

OP
OP
Stymee

Stymee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
The ice tank will work, so many builds we did on the LS stuff back in 2000 were promising in controlling heat, I’d do that before buying the triple pass as u may not need it

I’ve decided to use a Ngauge for data logging, I wanna store files. This way I can give a tuner like PBD data once the warranty runs out

Chainsaw

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Magnetic Gray A10, 401A, PP1.
MiDiablo posted that video to YouTube in mid October. If I recall correctly Phase 2 wasn't released til mid November. I'd say the video of him racing was with the Phase 1 kit.

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
MiDiablo posted that video to YouTube in mid October. If I recall correctly Phase 2 wasn't released til mid November. I'd say the video of him racing was with the Phase 1 kit.
Makes sense and no it wasnt. Earliest I've seen is july. The new LTR makes about a 20 degree difference in iat2 temps in my experience and others. And that's on my tune which is 2 behind

Edit: Nevermind. the new LTR was available at that time.

JasinEdward

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2015 5.0 Roush Stage 1
Makes sense and no it wasnt. Earliest I've seen is july. The new LTR makes about a 20 degree difference in iat2 temps in my experience and others. And that's on my tune which is 2 behind

Edit: Nevermind. the new LTR was available at that time.

Yeah.... i took mine in for the LTR upgrade prior to him installing the blower on his car. But either way he has the triple pass at his shop already.... I might just do an ice tank 1st to see the results....

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah.... i took mine in for the LTR upgrade prior to him installing the blower on his car. But either way he has the triple pass at his shop already.... I might just do an ice tank 1st to see the results....
I don't think there's any other cheaper way than ice. Someone else (think it was toydoctor) was talking about putting a space on. Do you know if that's possible with these?