briskspirit

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Igor
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium
Hi all!

So I've bought 2019 Mustang GT which I plan to switch to FI. (Previously I had 2016 GT with Roush Phase 2 and now NA is not enough for me)

So I am choosing between TVS or snail-style supercharger but that's another story...
My question:

Lets say I've got FI and tuned it 700+ whp. Is it possible to somehow limit engine's output to stock 460hp when I need? Like to put it in Valet mode.(or as hellcat with their black/red keys 500hp/707hp)

Options:
1. Install some restrictive device between Accelerator pedal sensor and ECU that will limit throttle to a certain %
2. Do the same inside tune? (Is it even possible?)
3. For Snail-style blower use boost controller with blow-off/wastegate valve? Again I am not sure if it is possible..

Other options? The easiest way to achieve my goal?

Thank you.
Sponsored

ahl395

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2006 Infiniti G35X
Easiest way is to ask your tuner for a valet tune. They can limit RPM and/or speed. Probably throttle percentage too.

OP
OP

briskspirit

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Igor
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium
Easiest way is to ask your tuner for a valet tune. They can limit RPM and/or speed. Probably throttle percentage too.
PBD replied to me that they don't make "valet" tunes... I think that Lund will tell me the same ) But I will ask PBD again.

ahl395

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
PBD replied to me that they don't make "valet" tunes... I think that Lund will tell me the same ) But I will ask PBD again.
Lund did it for me a year or two ago.

Sponsored

ahl395

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
Thank you! Will try to ask them. What you asked them to limit exactly?
I don't remember exactly but I think I asked them to limit rpm to 3500 and speed to like 40mph

fuelforfire87

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Shelby GT500
Lund definitely makes valet tunes, just ask them. I have them for both my rides. That's tarded that PBD wont make a valet tune. For me it's a must have for when you need to take your car to the stealership or other shop.

96gt4.6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium/A6, 2020 Explorer ST
My Whipple setup has a Valet/Dealer mode.

No reflash required, just hook up your laptop, open the software and switch it on. To me it has less power than stock, but still enough to get around if you need to as far as city driving. I doubt you could even spin the tires in that mode.....it's very tame.

OP
OP

briskspirit

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Igor
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium
My Whipple setup has a Valet/Dealer mode.

No reflash required, just hook up your laptop, open the software and switch it on. To me it has less power than stock, but still enough to get around if you need to as far as city driving. I doubt you could even spin the tires in that mode.....it's very tame.
No reflash? And what program do you use? Or is it a Whipple canned tune with Valet/Dealer mode?

96gt4.6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No reflash? And what program do you use? Or is it a Whipple canned tune with Valet/Dealer mode?
Correct, no reflash. Can be done with the engine running.

Using the canned Whipple tune, car is stock less the stage 1 Whipple kit. Using the supplied Whipple Flare software (flight controls). I use the power/gear feature a lot during the winter months to limit 1st and 2nd as the wheel spin becomes pretty bad to say the least. The Whipple tune and custom OS seems to work pretty good, I was happy with the dyno results and track performance, so no reason to change it up at this time for me.

Sponsored

Coosawjack

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jack
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT Convertible
I never let a Valet near any car of mine but did have a tune for my Supercharged Marauder that limited RPM's to 3,000........when it hit 3,000 it would scare crap out of ya!!:shock:

I did it for Dealership Techs mainly!!:)

96gt4.6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Indeed, there are some out there that joy ride them no doubt (as seen by articles on Jalopnik/ect over the last year or two.)

But for some of us, we have a little more respect then that. I work on GT's and a lot of specialty cars, careful is the word and certainly never out joyriding or tearing someones car up......good way to lose your job in my opinion.

That and I have a 640+ whp car myself to beat on when I want.
Sponsored