PizzyP

PizzyP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
Has there been any more damage found? Has the repair estimate changed any?
Only extra damage above the original estimated that I have been made aware of so far is the sub frame damage. Don’t know what the extra cost of that is.
Sponsored

Rover

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scotty
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT , Porsche Boxster S, BMW X5d, FORD Transit Diesel, 2500 Ram Diesel, Mazda CX5
Vehicle Showcase
Sorry about the mishap. Lucky nobody got hurt and damage to car and property in minimal. Thanks for sharing the reminder that we should always be seated in the car before starting.

19bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
If it makes you feel better I had a similar situation happen to mine. I am used to keeping it parked in neutral with parking brake engaged, I dropped it off to my detailer and when I went to pick it up he left it in first. I am newer to manuals so yes I definitely learned lesson the hard way and will never forget lol I engaged clutch, turned it on, and it violently lurched forward into his ST, both cars kissing. Luckily I got away with only having to replace the grille for $800. The cars were close enough together that all it did was crimp my grille, but still frustrating as my Bullitt I think only had about 1000 miles on it at the time. It can happen to anyone if your mind slips for a second.

hemistar1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2, 2017 F-150
Only extra damage above the original estimated that I have been made aware of so far is the sub frame damage. Don’t know what the extra cost of that is.

Sorry that happened to you. If the replace any of the suspension then:
  1. Make sure the car is aligned by service before you take delivery.

2. Keep a close eye on the tires when you get her back for any abnormal wear.
  3. Test drive the car on different roads to check for squeaks/rattling.

milner_7

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.highdefinitionautodetail.ca
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350 Deep Impact Blue
Vehicle Showcase
If it makes you feel better I had a similar situation happen to mine. I am used to keeping it parked in neutral with parking brake engaged, I dropped it off to my detailer and when I went to pick it up he left it in first. I am newer to manuals so yes I definitely learned lesson the hard way and will never forget lol I engaged clutch, turned it on, and it violently lurched forward into his ST, both cars kissing. Luckily I got away with only having to replace the grille for $800. The cars were close enough together that all it did was crimp my grille, but still frustrating as my Bullitt I think only had about 1000 miles on it at the time. It can happen to anyone if your mind slips for a second.
If you had the clutch engaged then how did it lurch forward? You had to have taken your foot off the clutch when it was in gear.

Sponsored

Coosawjack

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jack
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT Convertible
I always park mine in 4th gear with the handbrake up.......I do this to relieve pressure on the shifter detente springs!!:) I got this from George at MGW when I had my 2014 car with an MGW.......got to be a habit!!:sunglasses:

Handbrake ain't real strong but should the clutch slip on starting I expect 4th gear would stall it out immediately??:whew:

19bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
If you had the clutch engaged then how did it lurch forward? You had to have taken your foot off the clutch when it was in gear.
Yes I took foot off clutch lol once it fired up and I heard that beautiful V8 I thought I was in the clear since I always leave it neutral, that’s when I had about .0001 seconds to react and try to stop it lol lesson I will never forget

zworld

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
zane
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
I'm sure this was the first cold start of the day and the RPMs were near 1500. It looks like it was a cooler morning too so the tires might not have had the traction to grab and stall the car out.
Just keep your routine simple and never deviate from it. Never leave your car in gear! Been working for me for over 40 years.

Zooks527

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 KB GT, 401A, 6MT, PP1, S&S, MR, AE, B&O / 2005 Toyota Tacoma
Never leave your car in gear!
Yeah. My aunt thought that. Always left it in neutral with the parking brake on. Until the day in ~1973 when she didn't set the brake hard enough and her car rolled down the driveway to stove in the front of my dad's 1952 XK120.

Sponsored

milner_7

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.highdefinitionautodetail.ca
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350 Deep Impact Blue
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah. My aunt thought that. Always left it in neutral with the parking brake on. Until the day in ~1973 when she didn't set the brake hard enough and her car rolled down the driveway to stove in the front of my dad's 1952 XK120.
My routine is always the same. Get in the car, engage the clutch, put the shifter in neutral, start the car, put it in 1st or reverses depending on the situation and go. Car is always in gear with the e brake on when parked.

zworld

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
zane
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
FYI I live in Kansas. Flat as hell!

OP
OP
PizzyP

PizzyP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
i got the car back thursday 2/20, but been having to much fun back in the saddle. total damage was $13,300. she looks good again and im back to having fun but making sure im thinking before doing anything like starting the car with both feet in the car and checking to make sure its in neutral before releasing the clutch.

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt, 2020 GT350R, 2020 Explorer ST
i got the car back thursday 2/20, but been having to much fun back in the saddle. total damage was $13,300. she looks good again and im back to having fun but making sure im thinking before doing anything like starting the car with both feet in the car and checking to make sure its in neutral before releasing the clutch.
Glad you are back in the saddle. As another poster suggested, keep an eye on your tire treads for any uneven wear. Be well and enjoy.

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt, 2020 GT350R, 2020 Explorer ST
I always park mine in 4th gear with the handbrake up.......I do this to relieve pressure on the shifter detente springs!!:) I got this from George at MGW when I had my 2014 car with an MGW.......got to be a habit!!:sunglasses:

Handbrake ain't real strong but should the clutch slip on starting I expect 4th gear would stall it out immediately??:whew:

For sure. I was at a stop light a couple of weeks ago and forgot to get back in 1st and was trying to start from 3rd and almost stalled out. I was able to get on the clutch pedal and keep the motor running. 4th would definitely stall without any motion.
Sponsored