Sponsored

Can you use a jack anywhere on the rear or back of the car in an emergency?

Dragster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
Hey everyone! Long story short, I was loading my lowered 2015 GT on to a storage lift, and due to me messing around with my exhaust this weekend trying new combos to see if I could get what I want, the exhaust was held together with too many band clamps, and even though everything is tightened, the exhaust is drooping really low. I needed to add some boards under the ramps to get the exhaust to clear, and while I was driving on, the boards and ramp on the driver side slid out from under the tire. The car how has the front two tires on, and the rear is on the ramp with boards underneath.

I need to jack up the driver rear quarter to get the ramp and boards back under the tire, but if I put the jack in front of the tire, it will be in the way of the ramp. I need to jack the car from somewhere behind the tire or on the rear of the car in order to slide the ramp and board into place. I would only need it up for 30 seconds or so. Is there any where back there you can relatively safely jack the car up? I was looking under the rear but there isn't much there, except for the underside of what looks like where the spare tire would go. Thanks for any help!
Sponsored

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
Plenty of people have lifted the car by the diff. You probably aren't supposed to, but you can.

I guess if you support the weight with a jack stand, these also might work for lifting temporarily:
attachment-jpg.jpg

OP
OP

Dragster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
Awesome, thank you! I'll check to see if my jack can reach back there by the diff. It's an awkward place due to the way the car is positioned.

3onthetree

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Man. W/PP
Had the car up this weekend. Drove onto 1" plywood, then used Harbor Freight low profile jack with crossbeam accessory. You can then position the jack stands easily.
20200301_151625.jpg
20200301_151616.jpg
20200301_151556.jpg
Sponsored