Sponsored

15 50th Ann Vs Ceramic Leather

Boddie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium PP
Does anyone know if the creamish interior in the 50th anniversary mustang is the same color as the ceramic leather interior found in non anniversary mustangs? They look very close in some pictures but very different in others. Lighting of cameras seems to greatly effect how the colors appear.
Sponsored

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
The true 50th Anniversary has an almost white leather as opposed to the “cream” color of the Ceramic leather found in other S550’s.

If you see them side by side in person, the Ceramic leather will have more of a slight yellow tinge to it, while the 50th appears white.

Cueball

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2019 Kia Optima EX, 2015 Ford Mustang GT Premium
Both colors are susceptible to becoming blue with jean color transfer. I have to clean my ceramic on a regular basis.

ecoabe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT 50th Anniversary, 2019 F150 XLT Sport 4x4 3.5eb
Vehicle Showcase
Both colors are susceptible to becoming blue with jean color transfer. I have to clean my ceramic on a regular basis.
Same here. My LE had just under 600 miles on it when I picked it up in August, and by the end of October, I racked up 4,800 miles total miles and ruined the driver seat with my dark denim jeans. I was able to get most of the staining out, but it needs to be cleaned regularly.

SVTFreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Wimbledon white LE #275 A6
My wife rode to dinner one night with new jeans in my first one, and it stained. Got most but not all out. The latest LE, we are more careful with. So far so good.

Sponsored

Blufc3s

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stew
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang Premium GT PP1, 2003 BMW Z4 3.0 Manual
Vehicle Showcase
What do you use to clean it?
Thanks

SVTFreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Wimbledon white LE #275 A6
Oowee. That’s been near 6 years ago.

I tried a Lexol leather cleaner first. As i recall, it worked for the jeans to get most of it out. Never came all the way out. I think I went to hairspray for the ink. Maybe even tried acetone. Don’t remember what did it but I know I immediately rehydrated the leather with kali leather life and it was fine.

*edit* didn’t realize I didn’t tell about my baby girl drawing a line on the back seat with a blue ballpoint pen she had that escaped my attention.

OP
OP
Boddie

Boddie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium PP
So I actually have a 16 with the ceramic as was mostly wondering about the color difference due to finding some nice 50th anniversary door panels with the leather top and colored door inserts and was thinking of putting them in. Knowing now that the color won't match I decided against the panels. Still on the lookout for finding the leather top panels with the driver side also having memory seat buttons and the extra speaker spot that comes with the 12 speaker system. I was hoping to also find some alcantara gt350 panels but I am assuming they don't have memory seats as I can't find any panels with those buttons.

ecoabe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT 50th Anniversary, 2019 F150 XLT Sport 4x4 3.5eb
Vehicle Showcase
So I actually have a 16 with the ceramic as was mostly wondering about the color difference due to finding some nice 50th anniversary door panels with the leather top and colored door inserts and was thinking of putting them in. Knowing now that the color won't match I decided against the panels. Still on the lookout for finding the leather top panels with the driver side also having memory seat buttons and the extra speaker spot that comes with the 12 speaker system. I was hoping to also find some alcantara gt350 panels but I am assuming they don't have memory seats as I can't find any panels with those buttons.
The current tech pack GT350 comes standard with memory seats - not sure if the 16-18 do as well. However, if your car is currently wired for memory seats, the piece of the door panel containing the handle, memory buttons, and lock/unlock button is removable. If you come across the alcantara 350 panels at a price you are willing to pay, grab them and swap that piece.
Sponsored