GT350 Wheels (Project-6GR)

Frado

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Clint
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gt350 Heritage Edition
Have a new GT350 Heritage edition on order. I have chosen not to run the Cup2s Instead have ordered a set of pilot sport 4s for the car. Kinda thinking about just picking up a set of wheels and just store the stockers I have settled on the Project-6GR either the 7 or 5 spoke. Would like real world feed back on them from those that are running them. Would you purchase again run something different etc. Let's hear what you got to say. Good or bad. Thanks for the feed back .
Sponsored

Alain

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alain
Vehicle(s)
2016 Challenger Hellcat / 2019 350R #413
Did you get an R? Or a regular 350?

I have their replica R wheels and they look great. I haven’t driven the car with them yet so I can’t comment on the handling but the looks are top notch at an affordable price.

Many rave about the brake caliper clearance, I haven’t installed the wheels on my R yet so I can’t speak on that.

OP
OP
Frado

Frado

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Clint
Vehicle(s)

I have their replica R wheels and they look great. I haven’t driven the car with them yet so I can’t comment on the handling but the looks are top notch at an affordable price.

Many rave about the brake caliper clearance, I haven’t installed the wheels on my R yet so I can’t speak on that.
I ordered the "street version" of the Heritage edition. Dealer didnt have a R allocation.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
I had them and would not recommend them. You will have a caliper clearance of about the width of a credit card. Rocks will get in there and will chew up your calipers and wheels.

They are cheap and if you dont mind what comes along with a cheap wheel, then you will have no regrets.

OP
OP
Frado

Frado

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Clint
Vehicle(s)
I had them and would not recommend them. You will have a caliper clearance of about the width of a credit card. Rocks will get in there and will chew up your calipers and wheels.

They are cheap and if you dont mind what comes along with a cheap wheel, then you will have no regrets.

Ok that's confusing! One replies no clearance other talks about people raving about clearance humm????

Sponsored

Bugs

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350, 1965 Mustang Fastback Restomod in GT350 livery
I agree with Tomster on the 6GR wheels. I bought a set of the staggered 6GR-FIVE last spring as daily driver wheels when I bought my 2019 GT350 and they look great, but they now have very noticeable gouges in both the wheels and the calipers. I plan to keep these 6GR wheels for winter tires (probably a mistake), but I am moving to a square wheel/tire setup for track days and am looking for different wheels with more clearance. I'm too cheap to spring for the high-zoot fully-forged wheels. I'm currently leaning towards 2-sets of the Apex 19x11 flow-forged wheels.

J0774

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2018 Leadfoot grey Gt 350
Ok that's confusing! One replies no clearance other talks about people raving about clearance humm????
I 've been running the R spec 10 spoke for over 30K mi and have had no issues with brake clearance or anything getting wedged in between.

galaxy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
Tom is right. 6GR’s have no clearance and look OK...right up until you park them beside a set of Vibe Motorsports or Signature wheels. Another thing I’m not a fan of (others may not care), but you must use those skinny, tuner style lug nuts on the 6GR wheels. They also don’t have a standard 60° flare on the lugs. . The other wheels use a stock or stock replacement style lug. Buuuutttt, if you’re going for budget, 6GR wins.

honeybadger

Just don't care
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
Tom is right. 6GR’s have no clearance and look OK...right up until you park them beside a set of Vibe Motorsports or Signature wheels. Another thing I’m not a fan of (others may not care), but you must use those skinny, tuner style lug nuts on the 6GR wheels. They also don’t have a standard 60° flare on the lugs. . The other wheels use a stock or stock replacement style lug. Buuuutttt, if you’re going for budget, 6GR wins.
Apex wheels meet the same budget requirements and are better wheels, IMHO.

I had the same experience as others. I have a set I keep my rains on and they're gouged up from rocks. Trashed my calipers as well

Sponsored

Mikefd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2004 mystichrome cobra, 20 twister orange350R
Crap.... just when I think I have a game plan all figured out- get replica wheels save my CF rims.... wait- clearance? Rock damage!?!? Whaaaaatttt the FFFFFFFFFFF ! Might as well keep the CF on and roll the dice!
Well I don’t know all about that, BUT what I do know is I just want a replica friggen wheel
That looks OEM and won’t cause any damage to any part of my overpriced vehicle! Am I asking for too much here? Lol

Mikefd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
@OP listen to the honeybadger.
Enjoy his videos while your at it too.

Alright, I'm going back to work.
Thats how it’s DONE!!!! Wow!

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Crap.... just when I think I have a game plan all figured out- get replica wheels save my CF rims.... wait- clearance? Rock damage!?!? Whaaaaatttt the FFFFFFFFFFF ! Might as well keep the CF on and roll the dice!
Well I don’t know all about that, BUT what I do know is I just want a replica friggen wheel
That looks OEM and won’t cause any damage to any part of my overpriced vehicle! Am I asking for too much here? Lol
Dont do that. Did you see my CF wheel repair thread?

Mikefd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
I did not..... however I better check it out.... because I think I lost brain cells from the amount of potholes I have hit “accidentally” in my 15 years of nyc driving history..... and I’m BEYOND careful... could be anything from BS road repairs that simply place a bandaid on the already screwed up street, crazy dips in the road, to straight up metal plates covering up creators for construction purposes that never seem to get resolved- I firmly believe that NYC (and surrounding boros) have one of THE worst streets I have ever seen.... I sometimes feel bad for my ram driving down some roads I can’t imagine my R........
Sponsored