Sponsored

Recommend an installing dealer in the Central USA?

Chipks

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2018 10 spd, Roush P2 FI, Track Pack Suspension
I haven't made up my mind between a PD or Centri, but I'm looking for recommendations for an established and trusted installing dealer / tuner for a blower and oil pump gears / crank sprocket on a 2018 GT. I'm located in the middle of Kansas and closer is better, but I'm not against traveling 200-300 miles. Anybody got any suggestions?
Sponsored

96gt4.6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium/A6, 2020 Explorer ST
Where are you located in KS? Long Mac in Salina is a Roush Dealer and has built several RTR Mustangs via the kits using a base GT so they have done quite a few blower installs/setups on them. If looking for custom tuning you'll have to have that done after the fact elsewhere i'm sure, but something you could inquire about.

80FoxCoupe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT, 80 Fox
BA Motorsports in Cincinnati get you done up.

OP
OP
Chipks

Chipks

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
Where are you located in KS? Long Mac in Salina is a Roush Dealer and has built several RTR Mustangs via the kits using a base GT so they have done quite a few blower installs/setups on them. If looking for custom tuning you'll have to have that done after the fact elsewhere i'm sure, but something you could inquire about.
I'm assuming you work at Long Mac based on your sig line? Yes, I live in New Cambria and bought a white '18 GT 10spd with stripe from Darik in December. I've been leaning toward a whipple or vortech and haven't really considered Roush much because of heat soak issues I've read about, but now I see info on the phase II Roush blowers. You may be just the person I need to talk to....

I talked to a local mechanic I'm familiar with and he recommended Long Mac for the install, but he said he thought they only did Roush and would not do the OPG / crank sprocket. Is that the case, or? Also, if you work at Long Mac, have they done some Phase II Roush blowers? Heard anything good or bad about them?

96gt4.6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium/A6, 2020 Explorer ST
I'm assuming you work at Long Mac based on your sig line? Yes, I live in New Cambria and bought a white '18 GT 10spd with stripe from Darik in December. I've been leaning toward a whipple or vortech and haven't really considered Roush much because of heat soak issues I've read about, but now I see info on the phase II Roush blowers. You may be just the person I need to talk to....

I talked to a local mechanic I'm familiar with and he recommended Long Mac for the install, but he said he thought they only did Roush and would not do the OPG / crank sprocket. Is that the case, or? Also, if you work at Long Mac, have they done some Phase II Roush blowers? Heard anything good or bad about them?
I work at a Ford Dealer in Central KS, but not at Long Mac.

From what I have kept up on research on my end, I concur that the updated Roush kit seems to address the heat soak issues. That was my reasoning for going Whipple back when I did my kit, which was before the heat soak issue was corrected. Otherwise, I would have preferred the Roush kit simply because they work closely with the OEM, however so does Whipple.

Not confirmed, but given Long Mac advertised not long ago they were building a couple RTR's by showing the parts boxes/ect, one would assume they did the install, including the Roush blower.

I would give them a call and see what they say. They seem to advertise and move a lot of Roush product, i'm sure they can answer your questions on the OPG/CS as well.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Chipks

Chipks

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
I work at a Ford Dealer in Central KS, but not at Long Mac.

From what I have kept up on research on my end, I concur that the updated Roush kit seems to address the heat soak issues. That was my reasoning for going Whipple back when I did my kit, which was before the heat soak issue was corrected. Otherwise, I would have preferred the Roush kit simply because they work closely with the OEM, however so does Whipple.

Not confirmed, but given Long Mac advertised not long ago they were building a couple RTR's by showing the parts boxes/ect, one would assume they did the install, including the Roush blower.

I would give them a call and see what they say. They seem to advertise and move a lot of Roush product, i'm sure they can answer your questions on the OPG/CS as well.
Thanks for the info! Damn! Now I'm thinking seriously about the Roush.....I just called them and they quoted me $10.5K installed, plus tax. However, they don't do the OPG / CS as they claim it's covered under the warrantee. Not like I'm going to be drag racing it. I'm a 55 yo Grandpa whose last hotrod was a 69 Mach 1 w/ about 450 hp and a 4 speed. I'm sure this would give me plenty of zip to play with now and then. lol.

OP
OP
Chipks

Chipks

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
Highly recommend these guys. Have done some great work for me. In house dyno and tuning available.
https://www.houseofboost.com/store/
Thanks for the recommendation! I already jumped on a Roush phase 2 blower to be installed by my local Ford / Roush dealer. I'll keep your this for possible future use.
Sponsored