Field Service Action 19B34

Voodoo Velocity

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 / 2016 Acura RLX Sport Hybrid
Thanks for clarifying, Mike. I was under the impression the the shifter was to be replaced irregardless if there were issues.
Sponsored

OP
OP
rrdeloss

rrdeloss

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Roland
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350, 2006 Nissan 350Z Roadster
Vehicle Showcase
I am not having any issue with my shifter - so I am not in a rush to get it done immediately. I expect the parts will need to be ordered anyway.

However, for those of you who contacted your dealer - did you need to have the car inspected before they ordered the replacement parts? I was out for a drive and decided to stop at the dealer to inquire next steps. I expected they would tell me they would order the parts and advise me when they arrived so I could schedule the swap. Well that is my universe anyway.

I walked up to the service advisor and explained I receive the FSA. I have no relationship with this service dept as this would be my 1st service with the dealer. I guess the guy hated he was working Saturday and flicked me away before I even explained what the FSA was for. He said I needed to make an appointment to have the car inspected before they would order any parts. Obviously inquiring in person was a really bad thing to do. How dare I show up in person to INQUIRE what the next steps were.

Frankly I think that guy sucks toad poo. I cannot imagine an inspection is needed prior to ordering the parts? Did anyone else experience this? Is there a Ford entity I should contact to find out if I need to waste another drive to this Neaderthal? Surely, when I actually get the swap done I will be asking for a different 'Service' Advisor.
There is no need for an inspection. Ford's service memo to dealerships plainly states replace shifter on all affected vehicles. I scheduled service online about a week ago for February 21. I showed up a bit early and spoke to a service advisor. He looked up the FSA and informed me that replacement shifters won't be available until March 13. I hope it's an upgraded version. It seems like they'll want the car for at least a couple of days. Hope that helped

orangegrower

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 - 2019 Aston Martin Vantage - 2019 Ranger Lariat
I just talked to my brother in law who has been a Ford service tech for 35 years. He said a field service action is the same thing as a recall. My bad sorry.

Alain

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alain
Vehicle(s)
2016 Challenger Hellcat / 2019 350R #413
Ahh!!! So it’s looking good. If they consider it a recall, that’s a good thing for those of us that want to try and pull a fast one and get the replacement parts to do our own install.

I agree with the OP, on the recall the verbiage states that all affected vehicles are to be addressed, I don’t remember reading anything about the part having to malfunction before it is replaced.

ExtantPuzzle

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Yea, my dealership scheduled the service just based on the FSB without any inspection of the vehicle or back and forth. They pulled up my VIN when I called them, saw the notice, told me they'd get the part and set a date. Will have my car in the shop this coming Monday.

Sponsored

OP
OP
rrdeloss

rrdeloss

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Roland
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
What exactly is the potential problem with the reverse lockout??:inspect:
I read somewhere online that it has to do with the reverse lockout failing from aggressive/hard shifting, maybe the guys who track their cars found out. The reverse lockout will not work and the selector will go into the reverse position. The backup camera will come on, but since it's not at a complete standstill it won't go into reverse. Probably grinds like a MFer though.

SL8888

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT-350 # K1989
I'm going to buy the MGW shifter. rrdloss suggested it and Wine dude seconded that notion and I watched the video on installation.
Looks like a straight forward installation, shifter looks pretty robust. And as a bonus I will keep the Ford "Technician" out of my car....
Might be a great time to eliminate the factory exhaust resonators, any suggestions would be appreciated.

lenFeb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Len
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 #K0110
I'm going to buy the MGW shifter. rrdloss suggested it and Wine dude seconded that notion and I watched the video on installation.
Looks like a straight forward installation, shifter looks pretty robust. And as a bonus I will keep the Ford "Technician" out of my car....
Might be a great time to eliminate the factory exhaust resonators, any suggestions would be appreciated.
You may consider watching YT video below about MGW unit. Also read comments from MGW guy on the issue. My personal opinion, I would keep OEM shifter. The unit is very good. And I'm not going to replace it unless it's broken.

ExtantPuzzle

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
I don't see a reason to change to the MGW shifter. I'm happy with the OEM shifter - I just want to follow through on the recall before it breaks instead of waiting until it breaks.

SL8888

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT-350 # K1989
Thanks for that Len, definitely going to do more research on this unit as I do plan on more "Track" driving than "Drag Racing"
Any thoughts on any manufacture for Exhaust Resonator elimination ?

Sponsored
OP
OP
rrdeloss

rrdeloss

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Roland
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I know there are resonator delete kits available. I'm not up to speech on who offers them. I'm sure researching will point you in the right direction. I've always modded my performance vehicles. With this one though, I'm keeping her bone stock.

lenFeb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Len
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 #K0110
Thanks for that Len, definitely going to do more research on this unit as I do plan on more "Track" driving than "Drag Racing"
Any thoughts on any manufacture for Exhaust Resonator elimination ?
I heavily modified my Audi S4 including replacing full exhaust with Milltek Non-Resonated Cat-Back. This mode alone bump up to around 8-10 hp and made louder more pleasant sound. I can't comment on GT350. The car is already have that distinct growling sound. I know people who did resonators delete and regret soon after. I wouldn't change anything to GT350, I rather keep the car as original. She's good as she is. Besides, I don't want to wake up my neighbors 7 o'clock in the morning :-).

ExtantPuzzle

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
So it turns out there was a mixup at the dealership and they forgot to order the part - and their master tech called out sick. They were super apologetic.

Anyway, rescheduled for next week. Will update the thread after it's done for real. :)

OP
OP
rrdeloss

rrdeloss

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Roland
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I heavily modified my Audi S4 including replacing full exhaust with Milltek Non-Resonated Cat-Back. This mode alone bump up to around 8-10 hp and made louder more pleasant sound. I can't comment on GT350. The car is already have that distinct growling sound. I know people who did resonators delete and regret soon after. I wouldn't change anything to GT350, I rather keep the car as original. She's good as she is. Besides, I don't want to wake up my neighbors 7 o'clock in the morning :-).
My thoughts exactly. For me, she's perfect as is. I may change shifter knob, maybe.

OP
OP
rrdeloss

rrdeloss

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Roland
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
So it turns out there was a mixup at the dealership and they forgot to order the part - and their master tech called out sick. They were super apologetic.

Anyway, rescheduled for next week. Will update the thread after it's done for real. :)
I rescheduled mine for March 25th. I'm calling the dealership the Friday before to verify they have the part. I'm scheduling with a local detail shop the week prior to get what they call their Showroom Package. She needs it, bad
Sponsored